Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    sd card failure happened to me. Plugged my Ally in and turbo mode caused my Sd card to malfunction. Popped it in my Aokzoe and it still reads. Not putting it back in the Ally at this time. Gonna do more troubleshooting in the morning but it’s probably an RMA. Real bad on Asus part for this fr cause many people are starting to have this issue. 

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    I didn’t plan on using an SD card, but I wonder what this ends up leading to. They would almost legally have to do a full blown total recall and replace all affected models, no? It’s a hardware overheating issue so I don’t see how any updates could correct it. If my serial falls under the affected models, I’d still swap it and take the brand new one, why not lmao.
    Xeno said:
    Will you be getting your money's worth if you go the intel route and, despite intentions, only use it for gaming/routine browsing?
    Very true, and thinking about it, there’s absolutely nothing I would even use it for that would benefit from the Intel’s extra cores lmao. Would jus have the capability but never get used. Was able to go thru more comparisons and data, and the AMD is actually the absolute #1 fastest gaming processor, and it’s not even close in some cases and presents 10+% better performance. Couple that wit the insanely better thermals and utilization, and it also obviously has a longer lifespan.

Like 95% sure I’m going AMD at this point.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    I didn’t plan on using an SD card, but I wonder what this ends up leading to. They would almost legally have to do a full blown total recall and replace all affected models, no? It’s a hardware overheating issue so I don’t see how any updates could correct it. If my serial falls under the affected models, I’d still swap it and take the brand new one, why not lmao.
    Yeah it would require a recall but I think they’re going to try and put a bandaid on it first. Either adjust fan speeds or lower how high wattage you can go so the device doesn’t get super hot. 

Nutting like Planters. Yea open box in this case was jus that the original branded packaging got damaged, they sent it in a plain white box. But all accessories are included and still sealed, including the fucking pinky ring lmao. Even the protective film/stickers are still on everything, this is brand new. But saved over $300 cause the box is generic lmfao massive W.

Credits jus rolled on Tears Of The Kingdom. Bout 75 hours in.

Greatest open world game of all time. Straight like that. Fucking *CHEF’S KISS*
    Lmfao Asus about to drop a liquid metal version of the 4090. Their OC Strix model was already the fastest one available, which is why I chose that one. New one bout to be like a 4 grand GPU lmfao.
    Credits jus rolled on Tears Of The Kingdom. Bout 75 hours in.

Greatest open world game of all time. Straight like that. Fucking *CHEF’S KISS*
    Disagrees go play Frogger on Lake Shore Drive.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Finally finished Hogwarts Legacy. Took me about 65 hours. I would say its still the best open world experience I've played in a very long while, even if it did drag around the 50 hour mark. Exploring the castle was perfect, and I think smaller open worlds should become the norm. Overall very impressed with it. It was far from perfect. The combat system needs some tweeking. And I wish the RPG mechanics were more prominent and meaningful - like a full on class system and party management would have benefitted this game greatly. 

Overall solid though. Onto some shorter/smaller games for a while before I buy Jedi Survivor. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Only took advantage of the Steam summer sale for one game, but picked up System Shock remake for $30. It was already only $40 and not a full priced game, but figured I’d finally grab it now. Played the demo and it controls jus fine thru controller input on the Ally. Assuming it got patched since launch cause launch reviews were saying it was straight up not fully playable wit controller. I jus had to remap the grab button from X to one of the back paddle buttons, cause there was no way to both crouch and grab stuff without using pointer and middle fingers, cause crouch is mapped to B by default.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    I also took advantage of all the sales lately. 

On Steam I got Carnal, Anopek, Warhammer 40k: Boltgun, Red Laser Z, System Shock (the original), Time Shifters, Zorch, Power Rangers: Battle For The Grid, Android Hunter A, ProtoDroid Delta, and the DLC for 20XX.

On GOG I got Ember, and all four Indiana Jones games

On Fanatical I got Payday 3 Gold Edition, Valfaris, Slain, White Day: A Labyrinth Named School, Wickland, Dig, and Loom
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Metal: Hellsinger is pretty lit but it's making my laptop a frying pan even on low settings
    Was a pretty big sale on SSDs as a whole for Prime Day so I got that completely knocked out for the PC build now. Saved over $200 in total. My motherboard I’ll be getting has 1 PCIE 5 slot and 3 PCIE 4, so I got a Crucial T700 4TB for the main PCIE 5 slot, and then 3 Samsung 990 Pros for the 4 slots, 2TB each, 10TB total. 4TB is the highest available for PCIE 5, but for the 4 slots I could have gotten 4s or 8s, for 16-28TB total, but that honestly would have been complete fucking overkill for absolutely no reason, wit a bunch of storage that I would literally never use lmao. Honestly even 10TB is kinda overkill, but like I said my main goal wit this build as a whole is a future proof powerhouse that won’t need any upgrades for a long time, so 10TB definitely follows suit in that case.

It was coincidentally a great time to start building a PC, I’ve caught pretty significant savings on every single component so far. $300 off the GPU, $150 off the CPU, $200 off all the SSDs, and even the PSU was about $100 off. RAM was also on sale for Prime Day, but only bout $20 off pairs of em, so I wasn’t as eager to catch those right away. If they’re normal price when I’m ready to grab those, whatever, if they’re on an even better sale by then, fantastic.
    Also copped The Witcher 3 Complete Edition for $14.99 before the Steam sale ended. I actually already have the PS4/PS5 version still unopened lmao, but would rather play it on PC since I’ll be able to max everything out and make it look even better past the remaster, and also because it was looking like a 100+ hour, 2 playthrough Platinum that I did not want to do, so I’d rather keep the unfinished trophy lists on my PC and Xbox accounts lmao. Will still be a long ass 70-80 hour playthrough even playing it normally. I believe I had paid about the same for the PS version so I’ll jus trade it in whenever GameStop next does the 50% extra deal and basically break even and get my money back. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Oh and as of last night, I officially hit the 100 hour mark on TOTK, and even a game as good as this can’t avoid the fatigue that comes along wit such a massive playthrough. I intended to 100% everything except the 1,000 Korok seeds because absolutely fuck that lmao, so all main quests, 60 side adventures, 139 side quests, 152 shrines, and 120 lightroots. At 102 hours, I jus now wrapped up all the shrines and I’m about to start the lightroots. Only got maybe 20 of em activated. Got 20/60 side adventures done, and only like 30/139 side quests done. Granted a lot of those side quests are literally jus NPCs requesting items, so if you have it on you, you hand it over and boom, quest complete in 2 seconds. But there’s still 100+ of em. At this rate it would prolly be another 30-40 hours to finish all that. There’s too fucking much. I been playing this game for 2 months straight now, at this point I jus wanna finally move on.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    edited July 2023
    Bruh I know you're dedicated but good fuckin LUCK with that witcher 3 platinum
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    I feel like the best part about zelda is just wandering around. Checking off each shrine one by one and deliberately trying to do each thing one at a time just feels like it would take the joy out of the game. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,786 jayfacer
    Naughty Dog remastering LOU 2 for PS5 so this meme is relevant again 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Gay

Part 3 :!!

Multi-player:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,786 jayfacer
    Man, Naughty Dog is probably the best AAA studio besides rockstar but they’ve been nothing but a remaster machine lately