Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Anyone play midnight suns? The ultimate edition is on sale for 40 right now
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    I want the Hogwarts controller
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Man I'm having a hard time deciding if I should get the rog ally, or if I should just shell out a few more hundred for a gaming laptop. 

Ultimately I want to be able to play things like starfield on the go. Or at work if I can lol. 

So ideally the Ally is the fit, but idk if it's worth the price to me, and I can get closer to what I want with the laptop than desktop. 

Probably gonna cop but I'm still waiting g lol
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    First kombat pack announced for MK1

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Man I'm having a hard time deciding if I should get the rog ally, or if I should just shell out a few more hundred for a gaming laptop. 

Ultimately I want to be able to play things like starfield on the go. Or at work if I can lol. 

So ideally the Ally is the fit, but idk if it's worth the price to me, and I can get closer to what I want with the laptop than desktop. 

Probably gonna cop but I'm still waiting g lol
    This seems like a no-brainer to me based on what you yourself have said. You were jus saying recently how you don’t know how you were living without the portability of the Switch and how much you loved the form factor lmao. That’s gone wit a laptop. It’s not truly portable like that. And don’t you have a decent ass desktop already? Better companion device in that case is easily the Ally or any of these other handhelds that been dropping. If you want more power you could always grab the cheapest XG Mobile and it would still come out to about the same price point that it sounds like you’re tryna spend on a laptop.
    Was able to grab Lego 2K Drive for the low on GameFly. 🤘🏻
    Also, Pikmin 4 already out on PC lmao. 🤘🏻 This why I cancelled my preorder. Didn’t expect it to be up and ready on day one tho, figured it would take a few days.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    FINALLY almost done wit TOTK. At 133 hours and got 60 side quests left and that’s it. Which sounds like a lot but given how short most of them are, that’s prolly bout 8 hours or so tops. Got the rare opportunity to straight marathon the game tonight and get at least 6 hours in so jus might be able to knock it out tonight.
    Alright. I couldn't resist any longer and copped an ally. 

I really wanted to wait until the return window would be in the range of the starfield release, but given that starfield is going to run on the series S, I've got to imagine that it will run starfield just fine. 
    Welcome to the club. 🤘🏻
    Went through most of the settings and set it up. Now it will just be tweaking it a bit for each game. 

The only thing i don't really like so far is that you pay 700 for this thing, and then they don't even include a screen protector lol. Bitches
    Dbrand. 2 pack for $25 and they’re super heavy duty and also finger print resistant which is a great bonus.
    This thing is pretty insane. When you.clock it to 30 watts the fans keep it at 90 C. Which apparently is safe but I'm going to wait a while before regularly pushing that. 

I've been able to hit 60 fps with high settings on everything I've tried so far. 
    i copped dave the diver last night and while not graphically intensive, this game is every bit addicting as i read. 

Its awesome, and may be a contender for game of the year. Legit. It will be out on switch but if you have a PC id jump on it. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Glad Sony released the controller and cover for the spider man separately. Did not want to spend $600 on another console. Lol

Seriously considering some AR glasses to pair with windows. 

So apparently with these things you can produce a monitor with up to a 200 inch screen and up to 120 hrz. I gotta read more about the beta program that will make it work with the ally, but this would be a great alternative for me since my tv is in an awful spot to game lol. 

XREAL Air
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,786 jayfacer
    Beat Kingdom Hearts 1 again. Still one of the GOATS
    Finally fucking finished TOTK. 153 hours total. Longest non-DLC playthrough I ever did. Even Valhalla was like 120 for strictly the base game. 

Did all 152 Shrines, all 120 Lightroots, all 60 side adventures, all 139 side quests, and collected all armor sets and singular pieces. What’s insulting tho is that A: It takes you back to a point of no return after beating the main campaign, so 21/23 is the highest listed completion you can get on the main quests, even tho you get the star next to your save file, and B: The bullshit Korok Seeds take up such a massive completion percentage since there’s 1,000 of them, that even tho I 100 percented the game for all intents and purposes, as far as anything involving actual GAMEPLAY and not merely picking collectibles up, my completion is only at 59.something out of 100. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

But it is what it is, end of the day I basically knocked out every single thing the game has to offer. I’m not missing anything skipping those Korok Seeds. Fuck that literal golden piece of shit they give you for doing so lmao.