Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Dime2 said:
    Man, Naughty Dog is probably the best AAA studio besides rockstar but they’ve been nothing but a remaster machine lately 
    Naughty Dog hasnt been good since Uncharted 3
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    edited July 2023
    I feel like the best part about zelda is just wandering around. Checking off each shrine one by one and deliberately trying to do each thing one at a time just feels like it would take the joy out of the game. 
    And add another 100+ hours mindlessly wandering around? Naw I’m good on that. I already mostly let myself naturally discover shit and I got around 90 of the shrines simply doing that and going to them as I saw them while making my way around the map, but some of these are so impossibly hidden, even wit the shrine sensor since finding where the entrance is can be stupid hard, that at some point you have to make some kind of checklist if you want to 100% it. But the fact remains that there’s simply too much. Only difference between those 2 approaches is this is a 100+ hour playthrough, yours is a 200+ hour playthrough lmao. It really sunk in once I hit 120 shrines completed, which was the BOTW count. At that point it already felt like I did too many, and this time around there was still another 32 to go. And even in this game, a lot of it was stat padding and there STRICTLY to make the game bigger than BOTW. For instance, a lot of the shrines towards the end of that grind were simply those Rauru’s Blessing shrines, where the shrine itself has no puzzle and you simply enter and take your rewards, since the shrine is either hidden or hard/long to get to, so the journey there is treated as the shrine’s challenge instead. Those ones added nothing to the game and were only there as fluff. The puzzles were satisfying to solve, but when you take that away and a good majority of the extra 32 are essentially “Go here to activate it.”, they were completely unnecessary. 120 like BOTW or even LESS would have still been more than enough content.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Yeah I have no plans on doing all the shrines. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I feel like the best part about zelda is just wandering around. Checking off each shrine one by one and deliberately trying to do each thing one at a time just feels like it would take the joy out of the game. 
    And add another 100+ hours mindlessly wandering around? Naw I’m good on that. I already mostly let myself naturally discover shit and I got around 90 of the shrines simply doing that and going to them as I saw them while making my way around the map, but some of these are so impossibly hidden, even wit the shrine sensor since finding where the entrance is can be stupid hard, that at some point you have to make some kind of checklist if you want to 100% it. But the fact remains that there’s simply too much. Only difference between those 2 approaches is this is a 100+ hour playthrough, yours is a 200+ hour playthrough lmao. It really sunk in once I hit 120 shrines completed, which was the BOTW count. At that point it already felt like I did too many, and this time around there was still another 32 to go. And even in this game, a lot of it was stat padding and there STRICTLY to make the game bigger than BOTW. For instance, a lot of the shrines towards the end of that grind were simply those Rauru’s Blessing shrines, where the shrine itself has no puzzle and you simply enter and take your rewards, since the shrine is either hidden or hard/long to get to, so the journey there is treated as the shrine’s challenge instead. Those ones added nothing to the game and were only there as fluff. The puzzles were satisfying to solve, but when you take that away and a good majority of the extra 32 are essentially “Go here to activate it.”, they were completely unnecessary. 120 like BOTW or even LESS would have still been more than enough content.
    I have a feeling that people 100%ing the game weren't the metric the developers were going off of while making the game. Figured the only people that were going to do that were the people already obsessed with the game or people obsessed with 100%ing games.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,786 jayfacer
    Dime2 said:
    Man, Naughty Dog is probably the best AAA studio besides rockstar but they’ve been nothing but a remaster machine lately 
     Uncharted 4 was great. Haven’t played any Last Of Us but just purchased both. 
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
     Uncharted 4 was great. Haven’t played any Last Of Us but just purchased both. 
    Nah, I was really disappointed with Uncharted 4
    I was too on my initial play through but the second go round made me appreciate how good the game was. Once you really focus in on the story they’re trying to tell, thematically it’s the best one story wise 
    Both Lou games are better than uncharted but those are fun games. 
    Dime2 said:
    I was too on my initial play through but the second go round made me appreciate how good the game was. Once you really focus in on the story they’re trying to tell, thematically it’s the best one story wise 
    Nah. And Neil Druckman couldnt write himself out of a paper bag. 
    Yeah, cause he didn't write one of the most successful story games of all time, that was adapted into one of the most well received seasons of a show ever. Which he also wrote. 

Dime2 said:
     I’m just gonna have to disagree with ya. The story was amazing. I had my issues with a couple of gameplay things and Nadine sucked ass as a character but there was so many awesome story beats going on. A lot of amazing subtle details, I don’t really use this term but it was legit beautifully told
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
     I’m just gonna have to disagree with ya. The story was amazing. I had my issues with a couple of gameplay things and Nadine sucked ass as a character but there was so many awesome story beats going on. A lot of amazing subtle details, I don’t really use this term but it was legit beautifully told
    Nah. It didnt feel like Uncharted at all. All the thrown in bullshit with his brother was stupid and out of left field. There was no supernatural element to it. Nadine sucked. Retconning his origins was disrespectful. And the entire epilogue with his daughter was lame as fuck. Worst Uncharted bar none. 
    Yeah, cause he didn't write one of the most successful story games of all time, that was adapted into one of the most well received seasons of a show ever. Which he also wrote. 

Normies are retarded. I legitimately dont understand why people like that story. It's a worse Walking Dead
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
    Nah. It didnt feel like Uncharted at all. All the thrown in bullshit with his brother was stupid and out of left field. There was no supernatural element to it. Nadine sucked. Retconning his origins was disrespectful. And the entire epilogue with his daughter was lame as fuck. Worst Uncharted bar none. 
     I think the point flew over your head. The ending was beautiful, legit one of my personal favorite video game endings. The entire point of the game is to illustrate that Nate is not a good person. He abandons his wife to go on a treasure hunt with brother ironically sacrificing the actual treasure he has in his life. The dynamic between Sam and Sully was perfect, one of the best across the series as Sully essentially filled Sam's role for the first three adventures as someone who was looking out for Nate. The childlike ignorance and excitement Nate has to be reunited with Sam was great, he tells him all these crazy stories and neglects to even mention his wife until the end, that's a great subtle detail. I truly believe Nate even knew Sam was lying but was just excited to have his brother back. What origin did they retcon exactly? We knew very little about his origin and it makes sense why Sam hadn't been mentioned until now (also, Sam is a GREAT character). It felt entirely like Uncharted, there's been an underlying story about this stuff from the beginning but you've clearly only been paying attention to the gunplay. Nate never wins, in any Uncharted game. He never gets the treasure. He's lucky to be alive at the end of every single one. At the end of 4, he still doesn't have treasure but he has a family. Something he has no right to have and shouldn't have been alive to enjoy. It's a very nice wrap around if you think about it for more than two seconds. It didn't require a supernatural element. After three games (4 if you count Golden Abyss), they were flying this in for a landing to tell a more human story. 4>Golden Abyss, Lost Legacy, and 1. 
    Nadine sucked ass though I can agree with that 
    Your dog shit taste strikes again
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
     I think the point flew over your head. The ending was beautiful, legit one of my personal favorite video game endings. The entire point of the game is to illustrate that Nate is not a good person. He abandons his wife to go on a treasure hunt with brother ironically sacrificing the actual treasure he has in his life. The dynamic between Sam and Sully was perfect, one of the best across the series as Sully essentially filled Sam's role for the first three adventures as someone who was looking out for Nate. The childlike ignorance and excitement Nate has to be reunited with Sam was great, he tells him all these crazy stories and neglects to even mention his wife until the end, that's a great subtle detail. I truly believe Nate even knew Sam was lying but was just excited to have his brother back. What origin did they retcon exactly? We knew very little about his origin and it makes sense why Sam hadn't been mentioned until now (also, Sam is a GREAT character). It felt entirely like Uncharted, there's been an underlying story about this stuff from the beginning but you've clearly only been paying attention to the gunplay. Nate never wins, in any Uncharted game. He never gets the treasure. He's lucky to be alive at the end of every single one. At the end of 4, he still doesn't have treasure but he has a family. Something he has no right to have and shouldn't have been alive to enjoy. It's a very nice wrap around if you think about it for more than two seconds. It didn't require a supernatural element. After three games (4 if you count Golden Abyss), they were flying this in for a landing to tell a more human story. 4>Golden Abyss, Lost Legacy, and 1. 
    0. Amy Hennigs's version of Uncharted >
    Dime2 said:

Normies are retarded. 
     So are cringe ass neckbeards who use the term normies. omg you're so brooding and deep please expound on this wealth of knowledge that you have that the rest of us don't while we grovel at your feet begging for just another mere scrap of your superior intellect. 
    The Last Of Us is ass