Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    yeah. give me dat super mario RPG all day boi
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Damn this might be the best Final Fantasy game. Shit is so good and the story *chefs kiss* 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    NOCAP said:
    Also, these mfs are straight scumbags now that I think about it lmao.

Literally everybody: Can we please get Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, or Super Mario Galaxy 2 remasters on the Switch??

Nintendo: Best I can do is Super Mario RPG.

Nah Super Mario RPG is a much bigger deal 
    To you, sure. But that is a more underground Mario title that a lot of people didn’t even know existed. So I guarantee you that the demand for that was not higher than the 3 that people have literally been begging for.

Price for Super Mario RPG on the aftermarket says otherwise
    That’s because you can’t find it. 😐 That’s basic economics wit this shit, price goes up due to rarity and availability, not quality and demand. Nobody buying those are buying to actually play, they’re buying it to collect like cards. I’m sure there’s garbage games from the same era going for the same price for the same reason.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    That’s not true at all lmao. You can find most of these games if you know where to look. The price is based off of supply, demand, and nostalgia. I’ve been collecting these games for over a decade before all the weirdos jumped on and raised the price during covid. Super Mario RPG was one of the highest sellers for the SNES and was well loved by all that played it. Look at the Pokémon games, sold millions yet people are still paying hundreds for carts only even when there’s hundreds of listings of the same game. 

Bro I’m not understanding why the fuck the 4090 XG Mobile is constantly out of stock. I’m ready to cop now but I literally can’t lmao. Like how little are they producing that it’s constantly out of stock?? I can’t imagine that thousands of $2K eGPUs are jus flying off the shelves lmao.
    Pikmin remasters available now on PC if anybody else wanted em lmao. Jus put em on the Ally.
    I don't get how those are out of stock either. 

Complete rip off. Idk why you would want that thing. Just build a PC at that point. 

You aren't getting the power for your dollar that way. 
    What I don’t understand is why docked performance is so much worse than handheld. Using Halo Infinite as my sample here, but when I was originally upscaling to 4K, it made sense. But even going down to it’s native 1080P, on Medium settings it hardly ever goes past 45 FPS. Meanwhile on handheld mode, it can run 1080P Ultra settings at a steady 80-90 FPS. I’m not getting what’s happening here, is it a USB-C limitation that’s causing the bottleneck or something? 
    I don't get how those are out of stock either. 

Complete rip off. Idk why you would want that thing. Just build a PC at that point. 

You aren't getting the power for your dollar that way. 
    I already said before, form factor and convenience of it fit my specific needs best. Powerful handheld on the go that runs the games natively more than efficiently, desktop power plugged in and ready to go when I get back home. Yes it’s overpriced, and yes it’s not as powerful as a desktop 4090, but a desktop 4090 alone is $1,600. So if I went that route, it most definitely would not be any cheaper. And the XG 4090 is still more powerful than consoles, so in my case it’s an upgrade regardless. I think if it was $500 less at $1,500, nobody would be saying shit.
    Those external GPU's are generally a major pain in the ass. I just wouldn't want to deal with the set up. Plus if I'm spending That kind of cash, I want to be able to interchange parts on the inside if I want to. 

Graphics are to a point where I don't really feel like you are gaining much other than frames with a PC. 

Now I know you CAN push the graphics farther, but a lot of these PC games these days are just console ports, so a crazy beafy PC isn't necessary. 

I feel wanting the minimalist set up though. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Those external GPU's are generally a major pain in the ass. I just wouldn't want to deal with the set up. Plus if I'm spending That kind of cash, I want to be able to interchange parts on the inside if I want to. 

Graphics are to a point where I don't really feel like you are gaining much other than frames with a PC. 

Now I know you CAN push the graphics farther, but a lot of these PC games these days are just console ports, so a crazy beafy PC isn't necessary. 

Eh kind of. Most AAA devs these days treat their PC ports as afterthoughts, and dont optimize them at all. So you still need crazy beefy set ups to compensate for their ineptness. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?

Yea, that’s the only thing that does bother me is that it’s a proprietary eGPU so it’s not like it could be put into a future tower build, and spending that kind of money I do definitely prefer the swappable aspect since it’s more future proof as well.

Idk I gotta think about it. A tower build definitely wouldn’t be the cheaper option, but I could still set it up as a console type set-up like I want. Put it on the entertainment center, keep it plugged into the OLED, and use the Bluetooth keyboard I got to control it anywhere in the room and not need a desk set-up. And then skip the eGPU entirely for the Ally and jus use it as is and strictly handheld, cause I’d be able to bring everything wit me due to cloud saves anyways. The desktop 4090 is already pretty future proof because currently there’s not many games that even run at it’s full capabilities, it’s definitely overpowered.

Maybe I’ll grab a shell soon and start grabbing parts piece by piece. Even if I cop a 13900K for the CPU, the only individual part over a grand is the 4090 itself.
    Yeah thats how I've built a few PC's. 

Also MC that's true. That's why you might as well just console at this point with a lot of stuff. 
    Yea I think I officially am gonna jus build a top of the line PC. I was window shopping all day yesterday online and I pretty much already have all my parts mapped out from case to motherboard to GPU. Prolly will start wit the 4090 to get the most expensive aspect out of the way and then go from there. It makes it easier to be patient wit the build cause of the fact that I still have a large backlog of games that I already purchased for the PS5 and XSX which I am NOT trading in and repurchasing on Steam lmao, so I figure by time those are all knocked out, I should be finished or close to finished on the PC, and will starting copping everything on Steam.

I still may end up getting the 6850M version of the XG Mobile if I can find it for the low. It already dropped from $1,100 to $800 permanently, and on the Ally group I’m in on FB, somebody had posted the other day that they were able to snag an open box deal for $600 on Best Buy. So I’ll keep an eye out cause if I can find a deal like that, it’s honestly hard to pass up because it’s cheaper than the Ally itself and doesn’t feel overpriced. In that scenario tho it would be used strictly for handheld gaming and obviously wouldn’t be meant to replace my main home setup like the 4090 model would, so I’d have a maxed out home setup combined wit a more than efficient laptop setup essentially.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Skullgirls got censored to shit today... 
    sigh, I'm so sick of this shit
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited June 2023
    Damn Remote Play is currently horrible on the Ally away from home unfortunately. Official PS Remote Play doesn’t work because Sony are faggots and have been blocking anything 3rd party from working on it, so you need to plug a DualSense into it anyways to use it, defeating the purpose. I have Chiaki installed and set-up and I can connect away from home, but the input lag is unplayably bad, and same thing on the official Xbox app remote play. What’s weird is that I know it’s specifically some kind of issue wit the Ally, because (All from my work’s wi-fi.) I tried from both my iPhone and my Galaxy Book and while they weren’t flawless on there, input lag was minor. So it’s not the network and considering my laptop is Windows 11 as well, it’s not a Windows issue either. My best guess is that it’s something to do wit Armoury Crate and the built in controller of the Ally not properly cooperating, since remote play is built around some form of external controller being used. Even when you use a Backbone/Kishi on a phone, it’s recognized as a plugged in, external controller.

Ed you heard anything about this or seen any workarounds? 
    Nvm I’m retarded. Realized my VPN was set to run at start, so I was technically connected from the Netherlands. 🤦🏻‍♂️ There was also a Wifi and Bluetooth update in the MyAsus app so that may have helped a bit, but obviously the VPN was the main problem. Shit is like butter now.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    People are reporting a shit ton of issues with the Ally. From dead zone issues to sd card reader failure. I haven’t experienced any of these issues but it is widespread. Prob just gonna play on my AOK for awhile until Asus addresses this. Not trying to lose my expensive sd card. 

The only issue I’ve ran into is sometimes on Halo Infinite, it gets locked into nonstop auto firing as if I’m holding down the trigger. But it has only happened like 2-3 times and is not consistent at all. Opening Armoury Crate and immediately closing it fixes it so it’s some kind of software bug.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    AEW game looking pretty fun. Simple arcade wrestling game. Apparently they are going to have a battle royal mode called Stadium Stampede. 30 person and can use weapons and shit lol.