Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre only going to be $39.99 day one. LFG

edited June 2023
    How tf is the Ally charging dock sold out but the handheld ain’t. Make that make sense. I never saw that shit go up but some niggas got it. 
    Post edited by NOCAP on

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    They produced less docs than they did systems lol
    I need that dock or I won’t be able to play it on my tv as well as I would like to. Turbo mode is crazy af. Pushing over 100 fps at 720p over 60 at 1080p depending on the games. 

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    NOCAP said:
    How tf is the Ally charging dock sold out but the handheld ain’t. Make that make sense. I never saw that shit go up but some niggas got it. 
    Preordered that and the carrying case day one lol. Been had those over a week now, still waiting on my Ally itself to show up today smh.
    Was able to score Dead Island 2 for $35 on GameFly. 🤘🏻
    I picked up Forspoken for $20. I’ll be able to get the other games cheaper down the line. 

@EpisodeMnH make sure you install all updates before swapping ssds. Windows and ASUS updates. There’s a lot of them. 

NOCAP said:
    @EpisodeMnH make sure you install all updates before swapping ssds. Windows and ASUS updates. There’s a lot of them. 
    Yessir, ASUS dropped an official tutorial a few days ago. You have to update the BIOS ahead of time and everything too. So Im’ma do that and immediately swap the SSD before installing any emulators and shit.

Mine STILL ain’t here. I’m at work rn but I’m hoping it at least gets here in time for me to go pick it up on my lunch break so I can start setting it up at the end of my shift lmao.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    NOCAP said:
    I need that dock or I won’t be able to play it on my tv as well as I would like to. Turbo mode is crazy af. Pushing over 100 fps at 720p over 60 at 1080p depending on the games. 
    Honestly I'd probably play it handheld mostly. At that screen size you don't really need 4k 
    Yeah I mostly play handheld but I like having the option especially since you can get console like quality docked

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    People are buying pc game systems to get console like quality now?

What a world we live in. 
    Pass the god damn butter.

What a world we live in. 
    What? In Turbo mode it can surpass console performance, and combined wit an XG Mobile, it can FAR surpass console performance, and essentially match a powerful desktop setup.
    Nutting uncontrollably.

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,704 spicy boy
    Inb4 its too hard to use
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    NOCAP said:

This handheld is pretty bad ass but you need to know what you’re doing. The steam deck is plug and play this isn’t and a lot of people are going to get frustrated by it. Despite being a big handheld it feels very light in hand. 
    Btw you smoking glass wit this one. Steam Deck is the most ANTI plug and play piece of shit I ever dealt wit. Literally every single process was out of the way. That’s the main reason I returned it. The Ally is no different than setting up any regular Windows laptop or desktop. Matter fact I’m extremely happy rn because on top of that, it did the Windows backup thing so everything from my Galaxy Book was instantly installed on here so I don’t even have to set up simple shit like streaming apps and shit. Jus gotta swap this SSD and install emulators and ROMs and I’m good to go. I’m fucking loving this thing already and the quality feels great in hand. Only complaint is the lil dock/kickstand thing it comes wit. It’s literally cardboard like sneaker inserts. Like really? For this price it couldn’t at least have been a hard 3D printed PVC stand? 🤦🏻‍♂️ Definitely replacing that ASAP.
    Inb4 its too hard to use
    Nah, not Linux garbage like the SD.
    Yo Ed you used LaunchBox? I know how to install all the emulators individually but to my understanding, LaunchBox is essentially the Windows version of EmuDeck and installs all of them at once. So I’d rather save the time and do that in that case.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker

What a world we live in. 
    What? In Turbo mode it can surpass console performance, and combined wit an XG Mobile, it can FAR surpass console performance, and essentially match a powerful desktop setup.

That’s the joke. PC players been shitting on consoles since time began, so seeing “console like performance” was amusing to me. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Tried Halo Infinite since the multi is free so it was a convenient Guinea pig. Goddamn this thing can run it on maxed out Ultra settings if you’re plugged in on Turbo mode. Granted it does knock it down to about 30 FPS, but the fact it can run it alone has me even more sold on copping the XG Mobile. Thing will be a fucking powerhouse.