Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Yo that shrine where they strip you of all armor and weapons and you basically gotta build an army of Battlebots to clear the shrine for you >>>>

I kept getting my shit kicked in and was getting heated until I realized it was basically designed for you to intentionally get one shotted and to sit back and let your lil bitches do all the work lmfao.

I just put one of those fire heads on a stick and melted what i needed to and ran through the rest, if its the same shrine. I think it is, or a similar one
    one of the shrines though i completed completly on accident lol. 

It was like a rail cart one, and i built something and turned it on and it just threw me way up and across the room, but i ended up landing on the ledge that we were supposed to ride the rails to =))
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Yo that shrine where they strip you of all armor and weapons and you basically gotta build an army of Battlebots to clear the shrine for you >>>>

I kept getting my shit kicked in and was getting heated until I realized it was basically designed for you to intentionally get one shotted and to sit back and let your lil bitches do all the work lmfao.

I just put one of those fire heads on a stick and melted what i needed to and ran through the rest, if its the same shrine. I think it is, or a similar one
    Naw not the same one then cause on this one, running thru them ain’t an option. It’s a combat shrine so killing all enemies is the only way to clear it. But there were these indestructible tank/Roomba type devices so what I did was attach flamethrower heads to 2 of em and this lazer cannon thing to another then sat back wit my popcorn and watched em go ham. 🤣🤣
    Don’t know if I’m getting System Shock as my first Ally game anymore. It’s getting good reviews but apparently, even tho it technically has controller support, controller doesn’t really work 100% correctly on it, and it essentially has to be played on mouse and keyboard. So hopefully thru future updates it gets better controller support, but prolly gonna hold off for now. 
    Okay this time I’m nutting. Holy fuck that statue. Day fucking one!!!!

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,703 spicy boy
    Okay this time I’m nutting. Holy fuck that statue. Day fucking one!!!!

"Full DIGITAL PS5 game"

These cheap ass mother fuckers cant even include a disc version
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Don’t care, cock is erect. 💯💯
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,703 spicy boy
    Pre-ordered Sonic Origins Plus so I dont gotta worry about that going out of stock like Mega Man Battle Network collection did

Also the new Sonic game looks goooood
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3g-62NNoUs

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    That Venom statue is fucking cool but why include a steelbook if you're gonna do a digital copy lmao 
    Ragnarok did the same thing for the Jotnar edition. Dumb, I agree, but seems to be the new norm. Regardless, collector’s editions like this, you’re obviously primarily paying for the main attraction anyways, which in this case is the statue, Ragnarok was the Mjolnir.
    Also, FF7 Rebirth is 2 discs as a PS5 exclusive….bruh HOW???? Shit bout to be 200+ GB and 300 hours long? Smh.
    edited June 2023
    Finished Wind Waker HD during the week, clocked in at 30 hours exactly. Ends up as my favorite traditional Zelda game, although Twilight Princess is next up, which I also never beat back in the day, so we’ll see, but this is looking like a lock in. I realized that I really never got far at all as a kid, I think the first visit to Forsaken Fortress was the furthest I got, cause that was the only part that was familiar to me. So like 90% of this was brand new. But even so, it gave me a very heavy feeling of nostalgia, cause for me and due to my age, this was like THEE core Zelda game, and my first introduction to it as a kid. Cause don’t forget Ocarina Of Time came out right before I turned 3 lmao. So Wind Waker was the first new Zelda release by the time I was gaming gaming for real. My first playthroughs of both Ocarina Of Time and Majora’s Mask were the 3DS remakes. I never played the originals at all. So while the Wind Waker art style was jarring for a lotta people, to me it’s iconic and was my first real exposure to the Zelda universe. I think that alone already had me a lil biased going into this, but man this game was a treat. One thing I noticed is that they seemed to really focus on simplifying this one and making it more kid friendly, which also fits the art direction they went. There were still the typical Zelda puzzles and dungeons *to an extent*, but this was the first and only Zelda game that didn’t have a single head scratcher where I legitimately couldn’t figure it out, or even struggled to figure it out. Everything was straight forward and there was nothing I couldn’t figure out, whereas usually there’s at least one in each game where I end up needing to look up a guide. Water dungeon in OOT obviously, the fucking entirety of Majora’s Mask lmao, even Skyward Sword had one or 2. And this trickled down to the combat too. Zelda has never been overly sweaty in that department, but even all the bosses in this were single attempt wins, and I didn’t even go out of my way to go and collect all the heart pieces, cause I was never getting hit enough to even need em, it would have literally jus been time padding. The worm/caterpillar form of Ganon was annoying and honestly poorly designed and I almost died to him, but even he was one attempt as well. I don’t mind really because I’m not at all a difficulty junkie, but it was still something I noticed. Fantastic game tho and glad I finally experienced it in full. Only thing keeping it from a perfect score for me is too much endless sailing on empty ass water, (until you unlock fast travel) and simple quality of life shit like a somewhat trash map feature, and the lack of a checklist or at least objective list in the menu, but it was nothing that made the game feel like a chore or anything. I also didn’t like the padding at the end at all. I’m noticing it’s sort of a trend in Zelda period. Skyward Sword did it throughout, and on here, you basically reach the end, and then you gotta find the 8 Triforce shards. But then even after that, you go to the Ganon dungeon and the exploration itself is drawn out, but then you reach the main chamber and gotta refight every single boss from the game again before you can fight Ganon, and it’s not like they were more difficult versions of the previous bosses or remixes of the fights, jus literal rematches of the exact same fights. 30 hours total and I would say 10 of those were spent on the “end” alone. That shit was like 6-8 hours too long lmao. But regardless, 9/10.

Would have started Twilight Princess HD already and I actually have it installed on my laptop, but at this point the Ally will be here in 2 days, so I’m jus waiting for that, TP will be my emulation Guinea pig on there lmao.
    Also, 31 hours in on TOTK and jus now bout to start the main quests lmao. Been unlocking all the towers, did bout 50 shrines, and did all the Dragon Tears, which I guess technically is one of the main quests in and of itself, but I otherwise haven’t even touched the main quest yet lmao. Jesus the game is fucking massive.
    The dragon tears questline is amazing. 11/10

I've done 2 temples. Do the one in the top left first. Your summons you get for that is legit. 
    On the massive note. Yeah. It's crazy. I have like 80 hours on it and have done like 40%story lol. 

It's just so fun to just jump in and go collecting ingredients. They really got the formula right with this one. 
    Just started diablo 4. Liking what I see so far. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Just started diablo 4. Liking what I see so far. 
    Has consumed my life right now 
    NOCAP said:

She’s here!
    Kill yourself.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Microsoft conference on. Only interested in starfield but seeing new Fable was cool. Also new Star Wars game looks cool