Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,280 mod
    I’ll prob pick up Hogwarts on sale. It’s not a must need $70 buy for me right now. 

• LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I wasn’t even hyped for Hogwarts till about 2 weeks ago. I’m not a big Harry Potter fan. 

But I’m planning on staying up till midnight to play cause I haven’t done that kinda shit in a long while.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    Damn Hogwarts Legacy getting 9s across the board pretty much. Extremely pleased to see they didn’t drop the ball because it always had so much potential but it also always could have easily went left. 

Might honestly grab it asap and move it to the front of the line on the backlog which I didn’t originally plan on. Especially since it’s a 70-80 hour Platinum.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    I'm going to get it when I have a few days off. Probably in like a month
    Lmfao I wonder when these pathetic ass creatures are gonna understand that they MAKE themselves into targets wit this lame ass bitch ass bullshit.

Wasn’t nobody buying this shit because they hate trans mfs, much less so much as even THINK about them. They bought it because they have been waiting for a quality Harry Potter game their entire lives. Not to mention the fact that Rowling herself wasn’t involved wit the game whatsoever. Shit like this jus makes me WANT to spite them. I’ll be sure to stream all 80+ hours. 🤘🏻🤘🏻
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Rowling is a cunt and I'm personally buying a used copy, but I'm not judging anybody that bought it. Hell, these trolls are harassing anybody who just PLAYS it. I'm sorry, Nestlé is out here hoarding water from 3rd world countries and every other company is using child slave labor to make your favorite products but you don't see these fucking idiots boycotting them. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Yea, where is this energy for every Activision/Blizzard game, considering their harassment towards women was so bad someone killed herself
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited February 2023
    Had finished High On Life last night and got all achievements. Honestly one of the most enjoyable and straight up fun 2022 games I played all year. Prolly lands at #3 for the year, behind Ragnarok and Forbidden West obviously. Game could have been a 10 honestly but has some glaring quality of life issues that knock some points off. Mainly the fact that there’s only one portal per area, no map that you can pull up, and no way to simply pause the fucking game and press return to home base. A 2022 game lacking something that basic is inexcusable. This especially made the achievement/collectible grind worse because you would have to navigate your way all the way back across the level jus to get back to the home area and move to the next section after clearing out the previous one. But other than that the game was a fucking blast and extremely unique, especially in the FPS field. It is 100% doing it’s own thing and has legitimately solid actual gameplay on top of that. Comedy was hit and miss but had me on the fucking floor when it did hit. At it‘s worst it got annoying but that’s Roiland’s humor in general. At it’s best tho, it had me legitimately straight up losing it multiple times lmao. I think the worst part about this whole Roiland controversy is actually the Squanch Games aspect. Newest seasons of both Rick And Morty and Solar Opposites were their weakest, so those were currently on a decline anyways, but both Trover Saves The Universe and High On Life were fantastic games that showed a gigantic amount of potential and promise for the future. Now Squanch did say that they’re moving forward without Roiland, and I know he had little to nothing to do wit the actual gameplay and mechanics of the games, so I know they can still deliver on a technical aspect, but even if you’re not a fan of his comedy, I know he was the primary designer for the entire world, characters, aesthetic, etc. of these games, which is the whole reason they feel so unique, so I’m not sure how bad they’ll suffer in that regard now without him. We’ll see tho and I’m definitely checking out their next release no matter what. Took 27 hours for all achievements but the last 2 hours could have been avoided and were because I had to speed run thru the first 2 missions again because I fucked up on a missable achievement. 8.5/10

Now taking a short detour while my month of XGP is still going and playing thru The Gunk which is only 4-5 hours long even for 100%, and then finally playing thru Prey real quick. It was always one of those games that I wanted to play, especially because of the BioShock comparisons and how everybody said it was a sleeper hit, but always ended up putting it off for whatever reason. That should only take about 15 hours or so because I’m not doing achievements. Nearly every single achievement in the game is completely missable if you don’t play an exact specific way and that’s way too much of a fun sucking chore so I’m all the way good on that bullshit lmao.
    I need to play Hi-Fi Rush
    Oh shit. I figured it would be obvious she was posting against the game before this
    She worked on the new God Of War too lmaooo
    I'm pretty pumped I got a switch tablet off ebay for like 100 bucks. 

We already have everything else. And I use my ps5 controller anyways. But I've been wanting my own just because someone always wants it lol.
    You can use a PS5 controller with a Switch?
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,782 jayfacer
    Finished God Of War. One of the most conflicting games I’ve played in recent memory. I’ll start with the story. The basic story isn’t bad. It’s more of a slow burn which juxtaposed with the characters just didn’t work for me, but it’s not a bad story. Definitely guilty of sequel baiting (lot of cool shit talked about, not a lot of cool shit happening) but the world and mythology was interesting enough to warrant it.
         That being said the pacing sucked mongo gorilla dick. Some of the worst fuck tard dipshit pacing I’ve ever seen in a video game. I can’t stand story telling where you have one goal and you just keep having to back track while getting thrown further and further off course. “We made it to the mountain!” “That’s not the mountain, this is” k. “You’ll need a thing.” “Got the thing!” “That thing won’t work, need new thing.” “Got new thing!” “New thing broke, lucky for you I know of another thing.” And on it fucking goes, it’s the pinnacle of tedium and grinds the story to a halt and I HATED it.
         Character wise, I actually really liked the way Atreus and Kratos’ relationship is portrayed. The only time I hated it was Atreus becoming so unbearable (right after he finds out he’s a God until you get to Hel again) that I almost put the game down but I get the lesson they were going for and it wrapped around nicely. This is also easily the most nuanced Kratos has ever been and I’m here for it, love what they did with his character and it’s my favorite incarnation of it because he’s not just angry man smash guy. Really enjoyed Freya and her son and the dwarves as well. 
        The game looks absolutely gorgeous and there’s just no argument against that. The world is lush and vibrant and every location and set piece knocks it out of the park. My absolute favorite part of the game was the exploration. It’s its most polished aspect in my opinion and I spent hours breaking from the story discovering shit and solving puzzles. The puzzles themselves are such an upgrade from the mindless puzzles of the original, it’s such a huge win for me. 
       Finally, I’m sorry, the combat bored me. There’s an ambitious variety of stuff going on but the RPG elements just didn’t gel with the main combat for me and it can get really grindy and monotonous. That being said, the Valkyrie fights and the main boss fights were killer, especially the Valkyrie fights. They walk that fine line of challenging-fuck you really well and were easily my favorite enemies. Speaking of, the enemy designs are cool but I wish there was a bit more variety. Got really lackluster seeing the same recycled mini bosses all game. 
        Overall, I just wasn’t a huge fan. I hear Ragnarok scratches the itch way better than this one and I’ll probably play it eventually but I need a break for now. There’s so much going on and I can feel the effort and ambition the devs had here because a lot of it really is handled with care, especially Kratos but the experience, especially the story, could have used one more look imo. 5/10
    You can use a PS5 controller with a Switch?
    You have to get a Bluetooth adapter but yeah
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,280 mod
    Been playing Dead Space remake and Signalis. 

Got Hogwarts Legacy for $17 between my remaining $52 in trade credit and my February monthly reward. Score. Should be here on release date.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Hogwarts that hype 
    Got damn Tears Of The Kingdom officially $70 lmaoooo that’s fucking bold of Nintendo considering they’re still on inferior 7 year old hardware wit no sign whatsoever of a Switch 2 release. All Nintendo exclusives will most likely be that price now smh.

On top of that, surprisingly no Zelda SWOLED announcement at the Direct, which at 3 months out from release, means it most likely ain’t coming at all. Collector’s Edition of the game is extremely underwhelming as well. Very VERY weird considering it’s fucking Zelda.