Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    I'm about 8 hours in with the 2018 god of war. Liking it quite a bit so far. What were your complaints MC? 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    edited November 2022
    I'm about 8 hours in with the 2018 god of war. Liking it quite a bit so far. What were your complaints MC? 
    I made an hour and a half long video complaining about it bro

TLDR though:
    >combat is too basic/is a huge step down from the originals
    >Non-combat gameplay is boring, and simplistic - hand holdy with no failure or consequence
    >the slow, cinematic, walky talky parts suck
    >the story isn't interesting to me
    >the world building is not good, and is a huge step back from the originals - the "myth" world and "real" world are disconnected, whereas they were one-in-the-same in the originals - too much "tell don't show" going on
    >Kratos's character was completely misinterpreted and ruined just so they could teach him the same lessons he already learned in the original games
    >way too much rowing in that fucking boat
    >almost no call backs to the original stories, and the few callbacks that do exist pretty much suck
    >the epic, huge scale, modern mythological storytelling is absent outside of the literal last fight in the game
    >Atreus fucking sucks in every way
    >Disappointing lack of blood and gore

There's more, but those were the big issues for me. 
    Post edited by MetalCoresades on
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited November 2022
    I don't mind aureus. I think some of the dialog between the two is good sometimes. 

The combat is pretty basic though. Too much rowing as well. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    He’s mad it doesn’t play like a dated mindless hack and slash anymore.
    He’s mad it doesn’t play like a dated mindless hack and slash anymore.
    Imagine thinking the original GOW games were mindless lol
    probably gonna pick up S/V and jam it on the work trip i have next week
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,280 mod
    The Callisto Protocol is kind of getting shitted on. Not surprised cause that’s modern gaming. I don’t even get hyped for new shit anymore. I pick up all these games when they’re cheap as fuck. 

yeah. Hell a lot of these games are on sale a month or two after they come out too. 
    Got the Platinum on Cyberpunk 2077. Been chipping away at that during my Backbone time at work cause that was all side content clean up, didn’t wanna disrespect Ragnarok by playing that way, at least not before clearing the main story lol. But get this, ended up being Platinum #76, and got the Platinum at 77.5 hours. What a missed fucking opportunity lmao I should have purposely held off on the final trophy to make it #77 instead of Ragnarok.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,782 jayfacer
    Big deal I just got both platinums for each Lego Harry Potter game get on my level bro
    The Last Chapter DLC finally dropped for AC Valhalla so I cleaned that up over the weekend and yesterday. Bruh that shit was so fucking pointless lmao. Like you can’t really complain about free DLC, but literally, that shit had no reason to even happen. First off it’s only about an hour and a half in total, and only bout 15-20 minutes of that is one single mission. The rest is all cutscenes where Eivor jus says goodbye to various different characters. That’s literally it. 😐 Shit was such a fucking waste lmao. But more Tombs Of The Fallen updates were unknowingly added since the last time I played, so I also knocked those out and got the new trophy, so those + The Last Chapter took roughly 6.5 hours combined. Now officially done wit Valhalla for good and the combined time between base game, free, and paid DLCs, was 181.5 hours. Jesus Christ. Time to lay it to rest.
    New Mario Kart DLC courses dropped today. 🤘🏻🤘🏻
    Star Wars Jedi Survivor in March let’s fucking goooooooo.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Some good trailers today
    Man I’m so fucking hype for that Horizon Forbidden West DLC. Ancient Hollywood. 😮‍💨😮‍💨 The ancient Las Vegas and San Francisco parts of the map in the base game were the best no contest so I can’t wait to see how they did Hollywood. The Frozen Wilds DLC from the first game was jus as premium as the base game and I’m sure this will be nothing less. Very few DLCs are day one must plays, this is one of em. This is the sole reason I didn’t trade in the base game because I figured a Frozen Wilds scale story expansion would be coming and I was right on the money.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Bought the Link's Awakening remake. I think I'm gonna try and play and beat all the Zelda and Zelda adjacent games that are available on the switch in the next year or so. Which if I'm counting correctly should be 

Legend of Zelda 
    Zelda 2
    A Link to the Past
    Links Awakening Remake 
    Ocarina of Time
    Majora's Mask
    Skyward Sword HD
    Breath of the Wild 
    Tears of the Kingdom
    Hyrule Warriors 
    Age of Calamity 
    Cadence of Hyrule 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,782 jayfacer
    So hype for Star Wars \m/ LET'S FUCKING GOOOO

Lmao “(Blade sold separately)”

They’re fucking garbage for this dawg. I don’t even know the actual price but knowing the general price range for collector’s editions, I know this is at least $300 or so, for an incomplete set. 😐

Bro how did they literally do:

in real life. 😐😐😐😐😐