Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    So I work second shift and I’m essentially there by myself later in my shift, it’s always hectic as fuck for bout the first half, but as long as I bust ass and knock shit out early, there’s usually a decent amount of downtime at the end. Well a couple weeks ago, my supervisor literally told me that if I want to start racking up overtime, that I can as long as I don’t go over 50 hours, and that I can jus chill and be on my phone for the ass end of it. And that was straight from the horse’s mouth lmao higher ups don’t care about overtime and he said if they ever questioned it that he would jus tell them he gave me extra shit to do. So naturally I’m gonna accept that offer because I’m literally getting paid my highest hourly amount at time and a half to sit and play video games and do the exact same shit I would do at home lmao. At that rate it don’t even feel like overtime at all. So I copped a Backbone because I already been doing Remote Play due to all this, and I been considering one cause a regular controller thru Bluetooth has a decent amount of input lag plus it’s uncomfortable as fuck to sit hunched over a small ass screen lmao, and it was 25% off for Black Friday so it was as good a time as ever to pull the trigger. And man I’m glad I did. It doesn’t 100% fix the input lag and it’s obviously not the absolute optimal way to play, but it’s definitely solid enough and graphically holds up, effectively turning both the PS5 and XSX into a Switch. Was pleasantly surprised to learn that either model works wit both consoles. I got the PlayStation model but I previously thought I would need a separate one if I wanted to play Xbox games too. 

Long story short, living in the future is dope as fuck sometimes lmao.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,280 mod
    trying to score an SNES on marketplace for 50. Now that i have a house i can get into collecting stuff more, and i think i want to start with SNES and NES
    Hope you have an open wallet or time

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    i have played about 8 hours of pokemon unite at work today lol
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Finished Ragnarok…goddamn what a game. Idk where we can go from here now 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Finished Ragnarok…goddamn what a game. Idk where we can go from here now 
    Back to the originals hopefully 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies

Yeah that’s not going to happen lmao 

Thats a real shame 
    I won't be shocked if they revisit Sparta at some point. 
    Idk wtf Sony was thinking with the design of the pulse 3d headset. 

I got a 50 gift card at target on top of 50 off the series s I bought. 

So I ended getting them because they were on sale for 75. So with the gift card they were almost free. 

Sound is fine, but the circle shape of the earphones feels weird. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    edited November 2022
    I was thinking bout how hard it would be if they combined the 2 mythologies. Keep the current gameplay system in place, but bring back the Greek Gods and have to fight both mythologies’ Gods. Shit would be fucking MONEY. Imagine a double boss fight against Zeus and Thor at the same time. 😮‍💨😮‍💨
    Sparta is destroyed. So I doubt it. They'll probably move to a new pantheon. I know he goes to Egypt in the comic. 
    Finished Bayonetta 3 - great gameplay, awful story. First time I ever played a game where the story negatively impacted my experience so much. I usually dont give a single fuck about story, but this one was rough

Been playing Pokemon Scarlet - I'm really liking it. I wish they kept the improvements from Legends Arceus. But it's the most I've enjoyed a mainline Pokemon game since Ruby. 

Also started Sonic Frontiers today. So far it's good, but I only played like 45 mins. So we'll see how it goes. 
    edited November 2022

Thats a real shame 

How does that work though because scarlet and violet sold 10.1 million copies in its first 3 days

Is it not a first party? I thought that meant exclusive. 
    Nintendo has the s/v switch in stock. I may pull the trigger on that today. That thing is sweet and I've been wanting an oled

Thats a real shame 

How does that work though because scarlet and violet sold 10.1 million copies in its first 3 days

Is it not a first party? I thought that meant exclusive. 
    Its referring to Playstation 
    Sparta is destroyed. So I doubt it. They'll probably move to a new pantheon. I know he goes to Egypt in the comic. 
    Right, but do you expect them to never resurrect that time period with new tech?

Egypt would be dope though. 
    It's hilarious to me that nintendo sold special edition switches for splatoon 3 and S/V but didn't include the games in the bundle.
    Oops wrong thread lol