Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    1. The Switch is my favorite console
    2. I like being able to play in my bed, portable makes that happen
    3. Im team PC overall, but I also like owning physical copies, and PC doesnt do physical 
    4. I like specific games on specific systems. Souls games belong on Playstation. DOOM and every other FPS belongs on PC. And Sonic belongs on Switch
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    edited November 2022
    The switch is just such a dated console. I can't imagine wanting to play anything on it that isn't exclusive. Not really shitty on it. it's a great console, but its just very dated at this point. 

Even Pokémon unite, which is on switch and mobile, runs better on mobile. 
    I just really like it. I own more games for it than any other console (other than PC). I play my Switch more than my Xbox and Playstation for sure. 
    Hell, Im even planning to rebuy Nier Automata for Switch, even though I have it on PS4, simply because I enjoy playing on the Switch more
    yeah i feel you there.Ive been playing games on my phone a lot lately just for that purpose. 
    You have a Kishi? 
    i should have specified. I meant that i enjoy behing able to lay in bed and play them. 

I do not. I considered getting a game controller, but i can just use my xbox or playstation one if i need to. 

I would, but pokemon unite does not have controller support for Mobil (dont get me fucking started) and everything else i play is single player, and i don't mind the phone controls on the S22 ultra. They are pretty responsive. 

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,280 mod
    Steam Deck >>>

that thing just isnt super appealing to me either. From what i can tell, the screen isn't great, and most of the games id want like that i can take with me on my phone or console. 

Im considering getting one though. So enlighten me. 
    i should have specified. I meant that i enjoy behing able to lay in bed and play them. 

I do not. I considered getting a game controller, but i can just use my xbox or playstation one if i need to. 

I would, but pokemon unite does not have controller support for Mobil (dont get me fucking started) and everything else i play is single player, and i don't mind the phone controls on the S22 ultra. They are pretty responsive. 

I use a Kishi with Gamepass mobile. Its great
    thats a good idea. Im getting a Xbox Series S for the kid for Christmas just to get him off my series X lmao
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,280 mod
    that thing just isnt super appealing to me either. From what i can tell, the screen isn't great, and most of the games id want like that i can take with me on my phone or console. 

Im considering getting one though. So enlighten me. 

You’d be very surprised. Literally the best gaming console out rn. I can play shit from NES all the way to Nintendo Switch for emulation. I can play 90% of the steam library. If I want to play it on my big tv I have a dock for it. The only issue is the battery life isn’t the greatest. Still worth the investment. 

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Been considering getting a steam deck for the road but might go cheap and get the oled switch instead
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    The switch is just such a dated console. I can't imagine wanting to play anything on it that isn't exclusive. Not really shitty on it. it's a great console, but its just very dated at this point. 

I love it for the portability but it's also the unofficial king of indie games. It gets a lot of indies that Xbox and Playstation don't get. Plus the first party games are GOAT. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    Ragnarok is fucking incredible holy fuck.
    Ragnarok is fucking incredible holy fuck.
    im pretty pumped i get to play through the reboot and this over the next month. 

I love it for the portability but it's also the unofficial king of indie games. It gets a lot of indies that Xbox and Playstation don't get. Plus the first party games are GOAT. 
    yeah absoultley. Indie games king as fuck. Thats really the only reason i turn it on these days. 

Ill get bored and find a platformer or something i can entertain myself with. I was just more alluding to games that are also on other stuff. 

As far as the steam deck Ed, I am interested. Im not worried about the battery life, as thats basically everything these days lol
    also, if anyone is interested in picking up an S, they will be on sale next week for 250 at gamestop.