Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Why?

serious question idk shit about those controllers
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    I like the elite 2 i got, but it unfortunately doesn't hold up well to punishment still. 

I got it on sale for 130 though. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Ugh I need a new mouse. Whenever I hold down my left click now, it acts like I'm double clicking instead. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Ugh... attacked a non-hostile NPC on accident in Elden Ring, and now they're hostile. I'm only a few hours in, haven't even killed the first main boss. I have no way of attoning. I'm debating just restarting.
    who was it? depends on who it is. 
    Bloody Finger Hunter Yura
    edited October 2022
    Bad graphics usually dont bother me, but holy crap Bayonetta 3 looks like an early PS3 game. Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U looked (and ran) better. Cutscenes are so frame-y. Luckily (so far) combat seems to be at a stable frame rate, but these textures are bad. 
    Apparently Bayonetta 3 outputs to 810p docked and 480p handheld. Yeesh
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Apparently Bayonetta 3 outputs to 810p docked and 480p handheld. Yeesh
    Lmaooooo what the fuck
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    Yea I jumped the gun on Cyberpunk lmao. I do like it but it has some glaring issues that keep it from true greatness. Not bugs, jus the design in general. The world building itself is second to none but I don’t understand how not a single actual gameplay element feels truly satisfying. Driving is weird and all cars have this “on ice” type of feel to them, especially the Porsche. And then shooting is honestly abysmal. I get that it’s not a straight up FPS, but given the fact that shooting is still your primary source of actual gameplay in the game, it should be WAY more fine tuned than it is. It jus never feels right. I tried a million different controller settings and never found that actual sweet spot. And the recoil is fucking horrible on all guns, even when you cop the full anti-recoil perks for any given weapon class. It’s to the point that I don’t even bother wit anything except hipfiring shotguns because it’s the only thing that really works reliably. Beyond that, the game is WAY too narrative heavy. I like story driven games and some of my favorite games of all time are story and cutscene heavy, but bruh there were literally multiple instances where I would get a 2-3 hour session in, and in those 2-3 hours I did no actual gameplay whatsoever. Jus watching cutscenes and following people while they talked. That’s jus straight up OD. And at this point, I’m 50+ hours in cause I’m doing the Platinum, so I beat the main campaign a while ago, and now doing all the side shit is where I finally feel like I’m actually PLAYING THE GAME because most of the side missions are straightforward where you go to the location and do your thing, minimal talking and storyline to it. Honestly most of the main campaign felt more like an interactive movie type game like that Telltale The Walking Dead game. There’s THAT little of actual gameplay in it.
    Why?

serious question idk shit about those controllers
    https://youtu.be/UvmmWeov68s

This answers best, it shows all the features. But essentially they’re jus extremely customizable, you can add paddles to the back and remap buttons to them. So say for instance you have a shooter like Overwatch where bunny hopping while shooting is beneficial. If jump is the X button and you simultaneously need to be jumping while aiming wit the right stick, that’s physically impossible. But if you remap X to a back paddle, you can aim, jump, and shoot at the same time, all wit the same hand. For me the trigger height adjustment is huge. The reason I wanted the SCUF Reflex FPS Pro is because the triggers on it click like a mouse instead of needing the full range of motion of pulling a trigger. Them milliseconds make a difference in multiplayer. But like I said, that one is more expensive but less customizable. The triggers are stuck like that on that one. On this DualSense Edge, you can adjust the triggers to 3 different heights. Standard like a regular controller, low so that it’s like a mouse click like the SCUF, or in the middle of the 2. So I love that cause it’s an all in one. These pro type controllers are also sposed to be more durable. Shit they better be at that price. All I know is I’m copping the largest warranty available cause Im’ma be fucking heated if a $200 controller starts drifting on me in 3 months lmao.
    ive found the remaping of buttons to paddles to be completely useless. Im sure they help people who started with them, but if you are someone like me who has been playing with a regular controller for 20 years, its just slower most of the time. 

They are fine, but not worth the price tag. 

The appeal of these controllers to me would be the design and sturdiness of them, but the elite 2 has a lot of problems so im skeptical of them now. 
    also playing cyberpunk as a melee character>
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies

The king returns next week 
    My body is ready. 
    One more week 
    Ragnarok reviews all dropped today, it’s getting perfect 10s basically across the board. And they’re saying it’s better than GOW 2018 in every aspect, and that already got 10s across the board as well, so essentially this is getting 11s lmao. They said combat was sped up significantly too and is now more of a hybrid of 2018 and the older hack and slash GOWs.

Fuck I’m on the verge of release. 💯💯
    It’s been a while since a game release felt like a straight up EVENT like this. I’m too fucking ready. Tryna wrap up Cyberpunk by then cause finished or not, Ragnarok is getting shoved straight to the front of the line day one. So I would have to resume Cyberpunk afterwards if it came to that, which I normally don’t like doing.
    One more week 
    we're not talking about the same game