Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Im trying to find a PS5 for a christmas present. Anyone remember what the name of that store stock website was?

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,280 mod
    Go to GameStop. They have plenty

i don't think ive ever see a ps5 for sale in the store. Maybe once?
    man i want a secret lab but these prices are just crazy. 400 for a chair. 

gonna have to buy once cry once soon
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    Im trying to find a PS5 for a christmas present. Anyone remember what the name of that store stock website was?

Wario64 on Twitter or download HotStocks app and sign up for premium. $5 for a month. But honestly PlayStation Direct has them back in stock literally every 2-3 days at this point. You can’t jus walk in a brick and mortar and grab one for the most part, but regardless they’re now at a point that they’re very easy and readily available to get.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Its Sonic Frontiers launch day!
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?

Wario64 on Twitter or download HotStocks app and sign up for premium. $5 for a month. But honestly PlayStation Direct has them back in stock literally every 2-3 days at this point. You can’t jus walk in a brick and mortar and grab one for the most part, but regardless they’re now at a point that they’re very easy and readily available to get.
    yeah i follow him. there was just a really reliable one i used to use. Its how i got my xbox the day after launch when they were sold out everywhere. 

But they still sell for 700-800 on ebay, so i wouldn't say they are super easy to get. My idea of that is just being able to go into a store and buy one. 

I probably created my own issue by starting to look this late lol. 
    It’s getting pretty good scores as far as modern Sonic goes. 7s and 8s across the board. Glad to see they nailed the open world aspect. The main thing I seen criticized is the combat. I guess it’s pretty bland and repetitive. But everything else has been getting praised and they said there’s a lot of variety in gameplay and things to do. Definitely will get around to it sometime after Ragnarok.
    Man Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is such a treat. Best $10 I ever spent lmao. I can’t believe I ever skipped this. Nothing about it should blend and work as well as it does, but it does. There’s actually battles that take a decent amount of thought and strategy to pull off that are very satisfying. Never liked Tactical Strategy really as a whole but playing this got me wanting to come back to a more advanced version of the genre like XCOM and see if I have a change of heart these days. Last time I ever tried to play anything like this was as a kid and I kinda jus wrote them off ever since lol. I would say I would give it a go wit this upcoming Marvel Midnight Suns, but fuck anything card based. I don’t even like Chain Of Memories for that reason and Kingdom Hearts is my favorite franchise of all time.

But in any case, I like this enough that I’m gonna cop the season pass cause I wanna play the Donkey Kong story expansion, and I’m DEFINITELY copping Sparks Of Hope. Fire ass franchise for real.
    It’s getting pretty good scores as far as modern Sonic goes. 7s and 8s across the board. Glad to see they nailed the open world aspect. The main thing I seen criticized is the combat. I guess it’s pretty bland and repetitive. But everything else has been getting praised and they said there’s a lot of variety in gameplay and things to do. Definitely will get around to it sometime after Ragnarok.
    The open world does concern me quite a bit. But its been described as open zone, with individual levels, which is much better than open world. 
    I really just hate open worlds, 100% at this point. Like even with Elden Ring, the gameplay and atmosphere is there, but Im already overwhelmed by the open world, and I havent even killed the first main boss yet. I need more focus and direction in my games. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    edited November 2022
    Man Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is such a treat. Best $10 I ever spent lmao. I can’t believe I ever skipped this. Nothing about it should blend and work as well as it does, but it does. There’s actually battles that take a decent amount of thought and strategy to pull off that are very satisfying. Never liked Tactical Strategy really as a whole but playing this got me wanting to come back to a more advanced version of the genre like XCOM and see if I have a change of heart these days. Last time I ever tried to play anything like this was as a kid and I kinda jus wrote them off ever since lol. I would say I would give it a go wit this upcoming Marvel Midnight Suns, but fuck anything card based. I don’t even like Chain Of Memories for that reason and Kingdom Hearts is my favorite franchise of all time.

But in any case, I like this enough that I’m gonna cop the season pass cause I wanna play the Donkey Kong story expansion, and I’m DEFINITELY copping Sparks Of Hope. Fire ass franchise for real.
    Check out X-Com for sure. Me and Xeno been repping that series for awhile.

Its super tactical and you can customize your units names, appearance, abilities, weapons, armor, etc. But once a unit dies its dead for good so it creates a fun dynamic. None of your units are interesting characters they're vanilla NPCs but you grow attached to your best soldiers and when they die, especially at the wrong time in the game its a gut punch
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    That doesn't sound fun at all when describing it 😂 but I promise it is
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    man i want a secret lab but these prices are just crazy. 400 for a chair. 

gonna have to buy once cry once soon

Worth it. Treat yourself. You’ll know where the money went before you even finish assembling it. I’d buy one for work if it wasn’t a shared office. I’d love to someday replace all my kitchen chairs with them too, but like ya said, they’re $400 a pop. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Got to the first Viola level in Bayonetta 3. And she's a fucking parry character. Just sucked out all the fun. Games need to stop with the parry characters. 
    you sold me lol. 

I think im gonna get one of the ones that is at least just under 400 because of black friday sale. 
    Buy 2 get 1 free at Target
    i got a digital ps5 from PS direct today, and a regular as a present today. 

Sold my full size ps5 a few weeks back hoping to score a digital so \m/.

Haven't played either of the new GOW so im going to do that on my week in detroit.
    LET'S GOOOOOO

why would you ever buy anything for the switch that is on other consoles?