Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    cot damn jeff you fucked up
    Nah Jeff's gone like 8 months ago. I think he saw the writing on the wall
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    edited October 2022
    Apparently Sony is working on a full remake of Horizon Zero Dawn for PS5 LMAOOOOO. One of my favorite games of all time but they can suck my entire dick for that one. The TLOU one was already predatory as fuck but that at least was PS3. This is a PS4 game that was already best in class graphically. In no way, shape, or form, does it need a remake. Fuck outta here wit that bullshit.
    @FIRENATHANIELHACKETT You played the OW2 Beta right? Was the actual gameplay any different than the first, especially as far as movement speed? Or was it exactly the same essentially other than changing it to 5v5? Because if they didn’t speed it up then I’m not really gonna like this one either. How turtle slow the first one is is the main reason I don’t like it that much. Dying is a fucking chore because you know it’s gonna take 30-40 seconds each time jus to get back to the objective, I hate that shit.
    @FIRENATHANIELHACKETT You played the OW2 Beta right? Was the actual gameplay any different than the first, especially as far as movement speed? Or was it exactly the same essentially other than changing it to 5v5? Because if they didn’t speed it up then I’m not really gonna like this one either. How turtle slow the first one is is the main reason I don’t like it that much. Dying is a fucking chore because you know it’s gonna take 30-40 seconds each time jus to get back to the objective, I hate that shit.
    They changed a lot and I hate it, but you might like it. DPS characters do move faster than tanks and healers now so if you play DPS you'll notice a difference. The new maps also got rid of choke points so it's more of an open map like a Call of Duty or Apex would be. 

They also got rid of any CC abilities like Mei being able to freeze you, Mcree being able to flashbang you, Junkrat being able to trap you in his trap for 3 seconds, etc so you die to less bullshit. They also got rid of a few of the characters shields which was frustrating to a lot of the playerbase. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    They changed a lot and I hate it, but you might like it. DPS characters do move faster than tanks and healers now so if you play DPS you'll notice a difference. The new maps also got rid of choke points so it's more of an open map like a Call of Duty or Apex would be. 

They also got rid of any CC abilities like Mei being able to freeze you, Mcree being able to flashbang you, Junkrat being able to trap you in his trap for 3 seconds, etc so you die to less bullshit. They also got rid of a few of the characters shields which was frustrating to a lot of the playerbase. 
    holy shit, are you fr? That sounds awful
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Yeah it feels like a completely different game
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Seagul did a good video on it. 

It's such a shame they changed development 1/2 way through. The PvE stuff could have been done really cool. 
    Mei was one of my favorite though that's gay
     The new maps also got rid of choke points so it's more of an open map like a Call of Duty 

tell me you have never played COD without telling me you have never played COD before lol. 
     The new maps also got rid of choke points so it's more of an open map like a Call of Duty 

tell me you have never played COD without telling me you have never played COD before lol. 
    COD does not have choke points like Overwatch lol. Look at a map like Temple of Anubis. There is literally one entrance to point A from spawn. It branches off but you have to walk through one entrance way to get there. 
    edited October 2022
    i get what you are saying for sure, in the sense of how OW games revolve around a choke point, but nearly every COD that has ever existed is based around some kind of 3 alley/choke point system. 

Its what makes the maps so easy to get down. I only need to play a map like 3 times in a row max before i know where the spawns are going to be coming from. 

Yea I overall liked the first and felt that it had potential, but HATED the speed of it. That’s literally bout the only thing I needed for me to like it lol so I’ll have to see wassup tonight after I get off work. I let it download before I left.
    edited October 2022
    Yea I spoke too soon on Destroy All Humans 2! remake. It’s prolly the most broken game I’ve played all year. It was nothing but screen tearing at first, but now it’s like it gets worse the further I get. I beat the main game so now I’m doing post game for trophies, running around grabbing collectibles and shit, and it inevitably hard crashes every 30-45 minutes. Frame rate drops to slideshow status and then it completely fails. It’s as if the constant auto saving each time I grab a collectible makes it more and more unstable until it completely crashes. A remake of a 16 year old game when the maps are fairly small should NEVER be this unstable, let alone the most unstable I played all year smh. Still love it, but it needs MAJOR patches.
    That trailer for the Mario movie jus pissed me the fuck off dawg. Why the fuck is Mario’s voice jus Chris Pratt’s regular ass voice???? Mario ain’t never said more than a few catchphrases but that signature Italian accent is one of the key traits of his entire character, why the fuck would you get rid of that???? That shit automatically ain’t Mario smfh.
    Not even a "Itsa me" or a "wahoo"
    Yea Cyberpunk 2077 jus might be a fucking masterpiece lmao. I’m only 6 hours in too but holy shit I’m obsessed. I feel bad for anybody that didn’t wait to play this til it was fixed and ruined the experience because the atmosphere and world building is second to fucking none. I had to force myself to get off and I can’t wait to get back on it.
    Started Sekiro... I dont think I like it. Combat is far too reactive for my tastes. I despise parrying in video games, and the combat in this is entirely parry based. I dont know why people call it a Soulsborne game either, it has nothing to do with the genre. 

I shoulda just jumped to Elden Ring 
    Disagrees ain’t even play a second of the game suck my entire dick off.
    edited October 2022
    Also, been continuing to knock out my side games on the Switch. Beat WarioWare: Get It Together. Was aight but WAY too short, literally beat the campaign mode in like 2 hours 45 minutes. I know that the point of WarioWare is replaying and racking up high scores, but Goddamn.

After that I finally went back to Mario Tennis Aces after some years and beat the campaign mode lol. There are issues I do have wit it, like the fact that there’s a huge learning curve and the game don’t explain much too well. (Like the fact that every returned shot should be at least somewhat charged. Tap shots are worthless because almost every single one can be returned as a zone/power shot, which is an easy point on you. I was wondering why I kept getting smoked and why the CPU kept getting zone shots on every fucking hit. Game doesn’t explain this at all, I had to learn on YouTube.) On top of that, there is definitely a rubber banding issue during the story mode that I don’t like. It’s still beatable, obviously, but especially latter half opponents, you can do amazing against them and take a nice lead, game will suddenly decide you’re doing too well and then they magically start hitting ridiculous shots, unhittable serves, etc., and catch them right back up. Shit was annoying as fuck but doable. I’m pretty sure Blooper is literally unbeatable in regular tennis by outscoring him. His rubber banding is the absolute worst out of any opponent in the game and if you do good against him whatsoever, it’s guaranteed he’s about to start long dicking you and hit you wit unhittable curveball serves back to back to back. All guides for him suggested beating him by instead treating it as a boss fight and breaking all his rackets using zone shots, so that’s exactly what I had to do. I guess that’s okay since this is arcade Mario tennis and not simulation real life tennis, but I did still find it cheap that beating him traditionally was seemingly undoable. Tricky characters in general were horrible to play against. There’s different classes for each character, ie; All-Around, Technical, Defensive, Powerful, and Tricky, and all characters in the Tricky class, which includes Blooper, are jus not fun to play against whatsoever, which led to me manually selecting my opponents in free play, instead of continuing to hit the random button. The Tricky class specifically is able to do a whole lotta fuck shit that the other classes can’t, including teleporting to hit what should otherwise be perfect unhittable zone shots, returning and serving unhittable wide ass curveballs, etc. They’re basically the cheat mode class smh. I also didn’t like any of the courts that turned the game into too much of a game of chance. For instance, the one on the boat wit the giant mast in the middle is complete dogshit. It completely changes the flow of the game because too many bullshit zone shots are able to be bounced off the mast, turning them into unhittable shots. The lava court wit the bomb Koopas walking around is horrible too, too much of a dice roll hoping you don’t run into one of them, making what was an otherwise easy return into an unhittable shot. Game is at it’s best when it sticks to the core basics wit some of that Mario arcadiness thrown on top of it, so on free play when I had the option, I jus always played on the arena court. Standard non-gimmick tennis court where all the games come down strictly to the actual tennis skill and gameplay, and not praying you don’t get fucked by some bullshit. 

But at it’s core, shit is insanely addictive and games get intense and jus work really well. Honestly might be the goat Mario sports game, and that’s coming from someone who doesn’t watch or like tennis, and would never play a simulation tennis game lol. But wit that Mario spin on it, shit is really fun. Definitely the most fun I’ve had on a sports game in years, lightyears ahead of 2K and Madden, and I ain’t even tryna be funny wit that statement lmao. 

Bout to finally try Mario Party Superstars and Mario Strikers Battle League as well.
    Post edited by EpisodeMnH on
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,280 mod
    Lol played Cyberpunk day 1 and got bored. Might download it on my steam deck and play through it though.