Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    Another reason to continue buying disc only. Fuck digital.
    Welp finishing out Gran Turismo 7 on Hard went out the window it looks like. I got up to like book 31 or 32 (There’s 39 total.) getting gold on every race on Hard, but once you hit this last string of races, there’s a PP cap on the races and idk how it’s even possible to catch up to first like this. Before, there was no limit, so I was overbuilding my cars so that they were extremely fast. But now wit the limit in place, all the cars are equal, and they literally start you in dead last place, 30-35 seconds behind first. I build to right under the limit. So for instance these most recent races were a 700 PP limit, I built right up to 698-699. So they’re as fast as they can get, and you straight up can not catch up to 1st, you’re started way too far behind. And I’m not even making excuses, I’m driving extremely clean, hitting all my corners right, not spinning out, all that, and it doesn’t make a difference, you straight up are not fast enough to catch first when you start that far behind and all the cars are equal. And on top of that, a lot of these late game courses have CONSTANT turns where you constantly need to slow down and barely ever get stretches where you can hit full throttle. Maybe there’s shortcuts that I need to look up, idk, but I literally don’t think these are possible on Hard if you take the normal route. They’re no walk in the park on Normal either, and you usually don’t catch up to 1st until the final lap, again because of how far back you start the race. It sucks cause I wanted the satisfaction of beating all the races on Hard on the wheel but I don’t think it’s gonna happen. And I don’t feel like making this a 100+ hour playthrough by replaying each course for 6 hours jus to finally get a correct run. These races are starting to take like 15 minutes a piece because they’re like 3 minute laps, 5 lap races. So 6 hours ain’t even an exaggeration. I mean I wasn’t going for the Platinum on this anyways, and there’s no difference in reward between the difficulties, a gold on Easy gives you jus as many credits as a gold on Hard. And I don’t think it even shows what difficulty you beat it on, jus the placement. So it was strictly a self satisfaction/pride thing, but it still sucks. And from what I was reading on shit like the Gran Turismo subreddit, I guess the past Gran Turismos weren’t nearly as restrictive, and this is the first in the series that has so many races wit level caps. And it’s my first Gran Turismo. Go figure. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
    I haven’t even tried the online races so I’m not sure exactly how those work, but if there’s a cap like that and your placement/position at the start of the race is randomly generated, then assuming all racers are good and make minimal to no mistakes, then winning would come completely down to roll of the dice and whoever starts in the top 3 positions. Might as well back out immediately if you start in last online smh.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Burnout 3 still haunts me. I swear that F1 race down the wrong side of the freeway was rigged. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Stray comes out next week! Hyped \m/
    Took me nearly 3 hours to get Gold on one of these late races on GT7 last night. On NORMAL. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Yea, Hard definitely ain’t happening the rest of the way.

Good thing about that tho is that I realized how important car selection and tuning actually are when the PP is capped. Wasted almost 2 of those hours using this Z33 I got, could not get 1st for the life of me. By that point I had the course memorized like the back of my hand and was hitting my lines as flawlessly as you possibly can and I still wasn’t fast enough. So I look up a good car for that set of races, got multiple answers, but happened to have the R-32 already, which was one of the ones suggested. So I build that to 699 PP, jus like the Z33, and the difference was night and day IMMEDIATELY. 2 cars that are 699 PP, yet one feels like it’s 800 PP and way above the cap. Got 1st in like 3 attempts after the swap. First 2 fuck ups were primarily because it was insanely faster, and I needed to re-memorize where to brake for my turns. So, 2 cars tuned to the exact same PP are not created equal whatsoever, and there is still a way to technically overpower your car, even when a PP cap is in place, jus takes smarter tuning and car selection. So even tho I wasted so much time doing constant replays wit a useless car, it will save me time on the rest of the playthrough, cause I’ll make sure to go into each race wit the right car, right off bat.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
     i want to play that god of war now but i want to play it on pc and its 50 on there still
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Got my preorder in for Bayonetta trinity edition
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Got my preorder in for Bayonetta trinity edition
    Where are preorders up?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    GameStop just put it into the system in store about an hour ago
    GameStop just put it into the system in store about an hour ago
    I have I gotta track down all three now. I have 1/2 on Wii U, but didn't buy 2 on Switch since 1 wasn't physical. But since 1 is coming physical now, gotta find all three. 

Nintendo has perfectly figured out how to get people like me to double/triple dip with the Switch. 
    PNP did a reprint a month or 2 ago of bayo 2. It even has a code for bayo 1
    PNP did a reprint a month or 2 ago of bayo 2. It even has a code for bayo 1
    I dont get why Bayonetta 2 is going for $80 now
    It's 60. It's 80 Canadian money
    It's 60. It's 80 Canadian money
    ahhh that makes more sense
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Game pass rules. Was looking through it, and its got pillars of eternity: complete edition on it. 

Ive been wanting to play these games, but i buy a lot of games and just haven’t yet. Hype \m/
    Fucking Jotnar Edition of Ragnarok is sold out everywhere and I had to settle for Collector’s. I’m fucking heated.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Trying to decide between God of War or Cyberpunk 2077 on sale for $30
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Finally got into the Overwatch 2 beta. Let's see how much this shit sucks