Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,586 spicy boy
    Fuck that game
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Im liking its story, like it's definitely my favorite Star Wars thing in a long time from that aspect... but fuck the game is so tedious to play, the levels are too big for this kind of game. And Im AWFUL at this slow, defense focused, parry based combat. Im too aggressive a player for it

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I want to start a new PC build buy just buying a new part here or there and build a beast. But idk how long these graphics cards are going to be hard to get. 

I want to get a rtx 3080 but im not paying double msrp for it. 
    now is the worst time for that even aside from GPUs.
    Yeah, they put you way back in the level  when you die. I hated that. 

The story is good though. I still want to finish it but man did it piss me off .
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I've never understood why people take issue with dropping a game's difficulty, especially since so many games back in the day didn't have different difficulties. I don't believe that the hard modes are always the developer's intent

With Fallen Order it probably is, since it's a Souls-type game, but I suck at them so I had no problem playing on one of the easier ones
    Yeah i agree. 

I like to play at a level where i enjoy the game lol. 

I put that bitch on story mode and it was fucking hard
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yeah i want to finish fallen order but it's so frustrating
    Xeno said:
    I've never understood why people take issue with dropping a game's difficulty, especially since so many games back in the day didn't have different difficulties. I don't believe that the hard modes are always the developer's intent

With Fallen Order it probably is, since it's a Souls-type game, but I suck at them so I had no problem playing on one of the easier ones
    I just feel more accomplished finishing games on hard difficulties. Im a mechanics whore, and I feel a game forces you to explore its mechanics at its fullest when you play on the hardest modes. 

Plus overcoming the anger and frustration gives me a high 
    FUCK I JUST BEAT A HARDASS BOSS AND IT FROZE AND NOW I GOTTA DO IT AGAIN 

The bugs are killing me too 
    It got a frame rate and resolution update on the series x so ill probably try it out
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Jus dropped my hardest COD match of all time. 49 and fucking 7 Jesus Christ.

Holy fuck the difficulty spike from Doom Eternal to it’s DLC is INSANE. I understand that it’s considered post game and it’s expected that you already beat the main game, but Jesus. Started out on hard, (My default difficulty. On most games it’s jus right as far as challenge goes.) that immediately was impossible, put it on normal, that was more manageable but there was still a battle in the FIRST level that took me over an hour of repetition and I STILL couldn’t beat it, and so now I’m down to easy. There’s no trophies or achievements or anything tied to difficulty level so there is absolutely zero reason for me to suffer thru it and I refuse to ruin my experience wit it. At least on the base game I beat the whole game on normal and I can’t even get past the first level on this on normal smh. Wit that said tho, even on easy it doesn’t feel too easy and it’s insanely fun. That difficulty spike was so fucking unnecessary tho smh.
    Also, that was literally the first time I’ve played on my XSX since I’ve had it, and can confirm that the Arctis Pro works great. Now granted, I didn’t play online, so idk how the game chat is on it, but the actual game audio is jus as good as PS4/PS5.
    you cant game chat i believe. You have to connect the Bluetooth to your phone and party chat from the xbox app. 

thats why i just went with the 9x or whatever. 
    Ubisoft is making a Star wars game with the director of the division on the project. 

I am somewhat excited about that. Ubisoft has been pumping out some good games lately, and i enjoyed both division games, but they were always missing something in the endgame, or they tried to change things up too much. 

interested though.
    Holy fuck the difficulty spike from Doom Eternal to it’s DLC is INSANE. I understand that it’s considered post game and it’s expected that you already beat the main game, but Jesus. Started out on hard, (My default difficulty. On most games it’s jus right as far as challenge goes.) that immediately was impossible, put it on normal, that was more manageable but there was still a battle in the FIRST level that took me over an hour of repetition and I STILL couldn’t beat it, and so now I’m down to easy. There’s no trophies or achievements or anything tied to difficulty level so there is absolutely zero reason for me to suffer thru it and I refuse to ruin my experience wit it. At least on the base game I beat the whole game on normal and I can’t even get past the first level on this on normal smh. Wit that said tho, even on easy it doesn’t feel too easy and it’s insanely fun. That difficulty spike was so fucking unnecessary tho smh.
    Its so amazing 

The next one is supposed to be even harder!!!!
    Ubisoft is making a Star wars game with the director of the division on the project. 

I am somewhat excited about that. Ubisoft has been pumping out some good games lately, and i enjoyed both division games, but they were always missing something in the endgame, or they tried to change things up too much. 

interested though.
    Ubisoft :|

EA, Bethesda, now Ubisoft. Just throw Activision in there, and have all the shitty publishers lol
     and so now I’m down to easy. 

Pussies.

interested though.

EA, Bethesda, now Ubisoft. Just throw Activision in there, and have all the shitty publishers lol
    well they have been making some quality games. 

the last 3 AC games, by all accounts have been pretty good. I've only really played odyssey, but its dope. Heard good things about the other two. 

That immortals fenyx rising is supposed to be great from what ive heard from my friends. 

you just hear star wars and your balls immediately retract into your body. 

interested though.

well they have been making some quality games. 

the last 3 AC games, by all accounts have been pretty good. I've only really played odyssey, but its dope. Heard good things about the other two. 

That immortals fenyx rising is supposed to be great from what ive heard from my friends. 

you just hear star wars and your balls immediately retract into your body. 
    I dont like Ubisoft. Last game they put out that I liked was Blood Dragon.