Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    PGA Tour is still in my buddy's freezer
    Gonna take a long weekend next month
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Lucasfilm ended their exclusivity with EA... and went to Bethesda for the upcoming Indiana Jones game :| 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,586 spicy boy
    And you think thats bad, why? 
    Because Bethesda hasnt developed a good game in like 12 years 
    Todd howard is an exclusive producer too. I think it’s probably a good thing.
    Todd Howard is the problem. 

Also, turns out Bethesda isnt developing it. Machine Games is. The company that ruined Wolfenstein yaaay. 

I hope it's good, but its just weird to me they left one shitty publisher to go to another shitty publisher. 
    edited January 2021
    uhh they made wolfenstein 2 the new colossus, which is one of the better wolfenstein games.

youngblood was p bad though. 
    New Colossus was not good. It gets ok in the second half, but the first half is a slog, and the story is awful. 
    edited January 2021
    I do like New Order, and Old Blood is amazing. But they fell off really fast after Old Blood. 

Even still none of Machine Game's Wolfenstein are as good as Id's or Raven Soft's. 
    idk. EA makes shit game after shit game. 

i dont think its a bad thing. Bethesda has produced several good games over the last 12 years. They didn't necessarily develop them, but there are some good games on their list. 
    I do like New Order, and Old Blood is amazing. But they fell off really fast after Old Blood. 

Even still none of Machine Game's Wolfenstein are as good as Id's or Raven Soft's. 
    maybe im getting them mixed up. theres so many of them 
    idk. EA makes shit game after shit game. 

i dont think its a bad thing. Bethesda has produced several good games over the last 12 years. They didn't necessarily develop them, but there are some good games on their list. 
    thats fair. They do publish Doom, but I feel like that's an anomaly lol

Still hope its good, just thought it was a really weird choice for an Indiana Jones game

maybe im getting them mixed up. theres so many of them 
    Perhaps? I wouldn't say New Colossus is shit, just not great. Like I said, it get's ok/good in the second half. But the first half is really tough to play through, and is deterring my replaying of it. And the story is just so ham fisted and cringey. The DLCs for New Colossus were really fun though. 

But Return To Castle Wolfenstein is peak Wolfenstein. It's a shame Raven Software has basically been allocated to an assistant developer, helping out whoever is working on Call of Duty at the moment, instead of letting them actually make great games like they used to. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Disney needs to stop being lazy and re-establish Lucasarts and just do everything in house. These licensing deals are cancer and lack quality control
    Especially since Lucas Art made amazing shit. Not even just Star Wars, their games were great in general. 
    Disney needs to stop being lazy and re-establish Lucasarts and just do everything in house. These licensing deals are cancer and lack quality control
    I thought LucasArts was a publishing label not a development team? I know Pandemic made the OG Battlefronts
    Gonna drop dollars sometime in the next couple months on a gaming laptop instead of dealing with the clutter of my xbox and TV on the road. Looking mainly at the new model of the ASUS G15 coming out
    Xeno said:
    I thought LucasArts was a publishing label not a development team? I know Pandemic made the OG Battlefronts
    They were both. They made most of their games in house, especially early on. Most of the early SW games, Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones games, etc. They started mainly publishing around the mid/late 2000s with Battlefront and KOTOR. 
    I want to start a new PC build buy just buying a new part here or there and build a beast. But idk how long these graphics cards are going to be hard to get. 

I want to get a rtx 3080 but im not paying double msrp for it. 
    I think Im liking Fallen Order overall, but man I do not vibe with a lot of its gameplay... Im getting so frustrated playing it and it takes me forever to do anything in it. 

Debating dropping its difficulty, but I hate doing that. But man, at the rate Im going it'll take me forever to finish it.