Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    I have the first Xcom, and Mutant Year Zero

I wanna get Battletech 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Never played the 90s XCOM games and my first Battletech game was MechWarrior 2 on PC
    Geez
    Timesplitters 2 is great, but man it has some wild difficulty spikes out of nowhere. 
    My friend's PS5 died already 😬
    I'd be so pissed 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    I'd be so pissed 
    What do you mean “died” lmao. Like it’s straight up bricked out of nowhere?
    I'd be so pissed 
    What do you mean “died” lmao. Like it’s straight up bricked out of nowhere?
    Yep. He has to send it in. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,586 spicy boy
    I want to see an AC set in WW2 Europe i think. 
    Granted im not really thinking it through. Just high and playing AC
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I want to see an AC set in WW2 Europe i think. 
    Syndicate has portals you can go through in London that take you to WW2 actually lol

Most underrated game in the series
    I own it. I haven’t played it much though. 
    Finished Timesplitters 2 - very good
    Started Future Perfect, played this one as a kid, barely remember it. Also good. Not as good as 2. Much slower than 2. But still good. 

Story makes zero sense in these games though. No fuckin clue whats goin on. 
    Bought Panzer Paladin from Limited Run. Decided to just go with the standard edition 
    Been wanting to get into Yugioh again, but I don't want to invest a bunch of money into buying cards again, so I bought the game on Steam. Whipped out Exodia, and right before I was about to win, fuckin crashed.

I feel blueballed as fuck. 
    Now officially done wit 3D All-Stars.

Holy fuck Galaxy is one of the best games I’ve ever played. Straight like that. It’s immediately in my top 10 of all time. Odyssey still has the advantage but it’s neck and neck. Game is a masterpiece and essentially flawless. Some of the motion controls were tedious, but motion controls for the entire Wii console were tedious and they were used sufficiently and minimally in this game to where it didn’t detract at all. Funny enough, my biggest complaint, is that while Nintendo’s biggest strength is experimenting, it can sometimes be their biggest weakness. “Spring Mario” is the worst mechanic/gimmick of the game and honestly controls pretty horrible. Luckily it was only implemented in such a small minuscule part of the game that I can’t even knock points off for it. All the other different forms, like Ice Mario, Boo Mario, and Bee Mario, were all great and used perfectly in their individual sections. 10/10

I didn’t get the last 15 purple coin stars, I may or may not, same way I left the blue coin stars in Sunshine. Jus tedious replay stars that don’t really add nor unlock anything. I know getting all 121 stars unlocks Luigi, but being that Luigi’s stars are essentially jus replaying the exact same game over again to a T wit a different skin, I prolly won’t be doing that.

I never played Galaxy 2 whatsoever, and I loved the first so much that it’s now a necessity to play 2. I’m willing to buy a cheap used Wii or Wii U literally STRICTLY for Galaxy 2, but I would prefer to play a remaster on Switch. I guess I’ll see how patient I can be on waiting for a potential announcement, but I’ll prolly end up cracking and jus getting a Wii.

It goes without saying after all my previous lil reviews of each game in the collection, but each game literally gets better by order. Odyssey > Galaxy > Sunshine > 64. And that’s only a testament to the series as a whole. Never stopped improving and innovating. This really was a fucking joy to play thru. Can’t wait for Super Mario 3D World next month. Never had a Wii U so this yet again will be another brand new Mario game to me. 🙏🏻
    Galaxy is one of those games where if you don’t like it, you don’t like video games. Period. It’s literally the embodiment of what a video game is sposed to be, and I felt the exact same way about Odyssey.
    I say it all the time, but Mario is UNDERRATED 
    Its widely considered one of the best snd most successful game franchises ever made lol. 

Id say its correctly rated
    Its widely considered one of the best snd most successful game franchises ever made lol. 

Yea, its successful, but whenever Mario is brought up, people talk about it its some simple, generic, kids game. 

I dont think the creativity and innovation of the franchise gets enough praise. Not just the first Super Mario, but almost ever single release in the franchise. 

Yea, its successful, but whenever Mario is brought up, people talk about it its some simple, generic, kids game. 

I dont think the creativity and innovation of the franchise gets enough praise. Not just the first Super Mario, but almost ever single release in the franchise. 
    Eh yes and no. Galaxy, Galaxy 2, and Odyssey all got perfect 10s from most major publications, and the creativity and innovation of level design was the main thing that was praised in reviews lmao. I remember Galaxy winning multiple GOTY awards that year too. And then of course to this day, 64 is still considered revolutionary for the entire platforming genre.

These days, I would say the only criticism I see of Mario is that some people say Nintendo “keeps recycling old characters/franchises”, but that’s said about any long running franchise, and if it keeps innovating and staying fresh, then it’s not a problem.
    Maybe my friends just suck then