Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    edited January 2021
    Fixed it. Adjusted the potentiometer
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Last Madden I played was Madden 19, and Madden 21 (PS5 version at least.) is miles better. If only for the fact that Madden 19 was literally broken. You could NOT fucking pass in that game. You could throw to a wide open receiver and a 300 lb lineman would still zip across 20 yards in 1.2 seconds and pick it off. 21 is back to being actually playable and I’ve played a couple decent games so far.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    maybe the next gen versions are better
    Xeno said:
    maybe the next gen versions are better
    Yea next gen 21 has features that last gen 21 doesn’t so they definitely put more effort into next gen.
    There’s rumors that Ubisoft+ will be heading to Xbox Game Pass, and all major Ubisoft releases will be on XGP day 1, including Assassin’s Creed. 

Would be a MASSIVE flex if true, and could be what Microsoft needs to get people to move over to Xbox. If only for the fact of how much money that would save people between base XGP, EA Play, and Ubisoft+.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,586 spicy boy
    The main difference is how player run routes and theres more physics as far as their weight and stuff.

still not worth $60. I want an actual simulation football game, not this arcade shit.  
    So im really liking AC odyssey. But i never played origins. 

Will it be fun to go back and play it, or will it feel like too much of a striped down odyssey? 

Just because i know origins was their first real attempt at an RPG type game, and odyssey is probably a step up being a sequel . 
    Eh. Odyssey is improved, but it’s moreso fine tuning and polishing rather than a night and day difference. 

It mainly comes down to preference in setting tho. A lot of people still swear by Origins over Odyssey, and a lot like Origins’ story more as well. It’s weird for me personally, because on paper, I’m way more interested in ancient Egypt than Rome, but as for AC’s versions, I feel like Rome was done better and is more immersive.

Both are upper echelon AC tho and I love both.
    Ubisoft should do Prince Of Persia again. Make a new sequel to the PS2 trilogy. 
    Assassin's Creed was initially developed as a Prince of Persia game
    Xeno said:
    Assassin's Creed was initially developed as a Prince of Persia game
    yea... Probably why I only like the first one haha 
    AC2 was almost the same but improved in every way?
    It was moreso I just liked Altair
    Eh. Odyssey is improved, but it’s moreso fine tuning and polishing rather than a night and day difference. 

It mainly comes down to preference in setting tho. A lot of people still swear by Origins over Odyssey, and a lot like Origins’ story more as well. It’s weird for me personally, because on paper, I’m way more interested in ancient Egypt than Rome, but as for AC’s versions, I feel like Rome was done better and is more immersive.

Both are upper echelon AC tho and I love both.
    I feel the same way about setting, but am loving the ancient Greece. 

Ill probably go back and play it. For the most part i dont know much about any continuing story lines in the games. I have enjoyed odyssey’s story even if it is fairly generic and almost corny at times lol. 

Its take me a while, but now that i am getting a hand on the combat it’s becoming a lot more fun. 

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Finally getting around to Xcom 2 after owning it since launch

@Xeno i forgot that this piece of shit series is for masochists. Got squad wiped in my like 7th mission because my rookie was missing all his shots and panicked when my Ranger got downed. 
    Fuck

I downloaded XCOM EU on my current laptop but it has a shit processor and the game won't boot
    Ive been wanting  to play that forever. 

Fuck my backlog is so long and games want 100 hours of my time these days lol. 
    XCOM will eat your time like no other game I've played. Done 4 or 5 playthroughs of EU, 1 of of EW, 4 or 5 of XCOM 2, and 2 of War of the Chosen
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yeah I think i played Enemy Unknown from start to finish like 5 times when it came out. 

Is war of the chosen worth it? Its like 40 bucks on psn
    Wait until it's on sale and you've beaten the base game once or twice. It helps a lot too if you have some of the other DLC packs that give you really useful weapons in the early game