Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,698 spicy boy
    Early Jedi Fallen Order thoughts:
    Its buggy as hell, and the graphics dont look good - at least on Xbone. Still the combat is fun, and its kinda Souls-lite. My only major complaint is its really slow starting, and too many cutscenes/cinematic walky-talky parts for my taste. Im hoping that stops once the game gets going. 

But the combat is satisfying. Dont have huge opinions on the story yet, but I find it pretty odd that this Empire legion lead by Sith Inquisitors shows up because Cal used force pull one time on a guy while falling in this giant trash planet while nobody was around. How did that tip them off? 
    At least the Inquisitors arent flying around with their lightsabers like retarded helicopters. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    I played Fallen Order on my PS4 Pro and it not only looked great, but in total I only ran into like 1-2 minor 1 second glitches during the ENTIRE game, which I doubled my time on because I platinum’d the game too. Game is goat.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,586 spicy boy
    Runs ok on PC from what Ive heard. But its so bad rn on Xbone. 
    I didn’t notice too much on the one X. That sucks though. 

My issues with that game were mostly level design lol 
    I just have the original PS4 and Xbone, so maybe its just a poorly optimized game. 
    edited December 2020
    COD community is asshurt that Cold War has skill based matchmaking and I’m honestly not understanding the issue. I had never even heard of the term until this game but go to any single Cold War video on YouTube and all you see is bitching and moaning about SBMM. And to my understanding, you have an invisible rank that is based on your K/D, what your average placement is among the squad after each match, (Like if you’re usually top 2 or not, etc.) shit like that, and it uses that rank to match you up wit players that are in the same skill level, so that matches stay as even and fair as possible, and you’re not consistently matched up wit sweaty CDL tier tryhards that completely demolish you. 

What exactly is wrong wit that? That’s how it SHOULD be. I even seen somebody crying bout “iT mAtChEs LoW lEvEl NoObS wIt LoW lEvEl NoObS sO tHeY dOn’T gEt DiScOuRaGeD fRoM bUyInG tHe GaMe.”

And again....SO? If you jus started, you shouldn’t be getting matched up wit mfs who are on their 20th prestige and going 3-35. And vice versa, it’s no fun to demolish a team 250-10. Best shit ever is those Hardpoints where you win 250-230 and had to EARN that shit, or even in a loss where you lose 243-250 and it was back to back and even the whole way through. 

Best of the best should be playing against the best of the best, average-above average should be playing wit other average-above average players, noobs should be playing wit noobs. There’s literally no problem here and mfs still find something to cry about lmao. I even seen quite a few comments saying “COD is sposed to be a casual shooter.”. Casual meaning what? You’re mad that SBMM makes you actually try instead of steamrolling noobs every match? 🤦🏻‍♂️
    I like skill level match making. Toxikk had it and it was great, though it was optional in that. Wish Quake had it. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Overwatch has skill based matchmaking and its great. Idk why anyone would want different 
    Yea, as I said before, I jus recently got back into multiplayer in October, so a lot of this shit is new to me, but I was jus reading more as far as the Cold War SBMM complaints, and it essentially all comes across to me as “Wahhhh I actually have to try every match and don’t get to slaughter lil kids and farm my gun skins.”

I haven’t noticed any issues and every match has been consistently fair and competitive. At least a 50/50 W/L ratio, maybe even as high as 60/40. Every once in a while it’ll put me against a team full of neckbeards and we’ll get demolished, but it’s not frequent at all, and that happens in Modern Warfare as well at pretty much the exact same rate.

What is the alternative? Ranked ain’t necessarily any better because you can have someone who jus started the game and is rank 1 but they’re a God at COD/shooters in general and demolish every other other rank 1, and vice versa, you can have a kid that’s prestiged simply cause he plays the game 24/7 but still ain’t all that good lmao. And completely random matchmaking would be even worse cause you would consistently get matched up wit tryhards and get demolished and that definitely ain’t any more fun either.
    Overwatch has skill based matchmaking and its great. Idk why anyone would want different 
    I always forget Overwatch exists 
    The one valid complaint I’ve seen about it, that has actually been proven, is the higher your rank goes, the higher your ping goes, but there’s absolutely no way that was intentional, it makes zero sense. So I’m sure Treyarch will patch it asap.
    Yea, as I said before, I jus recently got back into multiplayer in October, so a lot of this shit is new to me, but I was jus reading more as far as the Cold War SBMM complaints, and it essentially all comes across to me as “Wahhhh I actually have to try every match and don’t get to slaughter lil kids and farm my gun skins.”

I haven’t noticed any issues and every match has been consistently fair and competitive. At least a 50/50 W/L ratio, maybe even as high as 60/40. Every once in a while it’ll put me against a team full of neckbeards and we’ll get demolished, but it’s not frequent at all, and that happens in Modern Warfare as well at pretty much the exact same rate.

What is the alternative? Ranked ain’t necessarily any better because you can have someone who jus started the game and is rank 1 but they’re a God at COD/shooters in general and demolish every other other rank 1, and vice versa, you can have a kid that’s prestiged simply cause he plays the game 24/7 but still ain’t all that good lmao. And completely random matchmaking would be even worse cause you would consistently get matched up wit tryhards and get demolished and that definitely ain’t any more fun either.
    Unranked could be everyone against everyone. Ranked could be skill based match making. Appeases both sets of people. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    that's what rocket league does I believe

Unranked could be everyone against everyone. Ranked could be skill based match making. Appeases both sets of people. 
    They might as well add this and shut mfs up lmao. I’d definitely keep it on ranked in this case.
    I have 1300 hours put in =)
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,586 spicy boy
    I played that game religiously for like 8 months lol. Haven’t really played since i put it down
    I have 1300 hours put in =)
    How? Lmao 
    I stopped once they started fucking up the balancing 
    I'm addicted. You're right though blizzard can't balance for shit. But for the most part the characters i play have always been meta (Lucio, Zarya, Reinhardt, Ana) so it doesn't really affect me
    I played D.Va, Roadhog, Mercy, and Symmetra and they fucked all four of them up lmaoo 
    D.Va still a big waifu though
    Fallen Order is kicking my ass. Im not good at parry based combat systems... why I never really got into the Arkham games. Lemme hack n slash