Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yeah thats a no for me dog. Absolutely no reason to split it into multiple games. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    Man I forgot how terrible the grind is in racing games. Got Need For Speed Heat and the entire first 5-10 hours of the game is jus straight up not fun. You get terrible fucking cars that fishtail and completely fuck you out of wins. I get that you have to build up, but they couldn’t make the “low tier” cars simply slower? Wit less exciting races? But instead they force you to grind it out wit a sloppy uncontrollable piece of shit, effectively sucking the fun out of the races and making you bide time until you start getting the nice shit.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    edited March 2020
    Xeno said:
    Git gud
    Not even a matter of that. I’m generally pretty good at racers when given a competent vehicle. But the garbage cars they start you wit add unnecessary difficulty for no reason and it’s not a fun challenge whatsoever. I’m talking the shit fishtails on every drift to an obnoxious unrealistic extent and jus fucks the entire groove up.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    Gamestop selling Doom Eternal right now
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    My preorder comes in tomorrow 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Picked up a brand new Xbox One X for $200 on Microsoft’s site. I plan to keep it for myself but if my fiancée gives me too much shit about it I already have a buddy who will buy it for what I paid for it.

I really just want to catch up on Gears and Halo. I’m guessing game pass is the way to go?
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    Game pass is the way

Picked that up to go with it. I loved the old school “duke” controller for the og Xbox and I didnt even know they made this until I found it on amazon. 
    Damn that was the most uncomfortable controller of all time lmao.
    Yeah prob tied with N64 for woat controller, but the novelty is cool. When I had an original xbox I only fucked with the S controller
    There is something cool about playing Halo Combat Evolved with that massive thing though
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited March 2020

Picked that up to go with it. I loved the old school “duke” controller for the og Xbox and I didnt even know they made this until I found it on amazon. 

Maybe it's just cuz I was like 7 years old when I got my first xbox, but that thing was fucking massive.
    Nvm. The fishtailing problem in NFS was the stock suspension that was installed. 😐🤦🏻‍♂️ Changed that and it’s fine now so it wasn’t the car itself or a design flaw.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    edited March 2020
    I want to slap the shit out of you two talkin shit on the fat boy controller and the N64. Get the fuck out of here with your nonsense kids. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    mrAPE said:
    I want to slap the shit out of you two talkin shit on the fat boy controller and the N64. Get the fuck out of here with your nonsense kids. 
    wahhh my nostalgia makes me want to defend shitty ass controllers just because the consoles had good games wahhhhhh
    Honestly maybe it is the nostalgia because I haven’t held that controller in 16+ years lol

But I do like the novelty of it and I will use it enough to to warrent the $38 I paid for it.
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    That controller felt like a fuckin football in my hands when I was a kid
    I have big hands and it’s still too bulky lmao idk how I did it as a kid.
    Honestly maybe it is the nostalgia because I haven’t held that controller in 16+ years lol

But I do like the novelty of it and I will use it enough to to warrent the $38 I paid for it.
    It's cool that they have it for the One. I'll probably pick one up for Halo splitscreen and shit cuz one of my controllers is fucked