Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I played the FF7 demo again, this time on easy instead of classic. No noticable difference 
    imageimage
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    Finished Pokemon Sword. Still got the last lil bit of endgame shit and gotta breed and trade for the last few new ones I need, but it’s overall finished. Really fucking loved every second and that’s the most fun that Pokemon has been since Black/White. Sure you could nitpick about how it should have had a lil more, been a lil more open world, especially being on the Switch now, but the improvements they did make really added a lot.

That now wraps up every 2019 game I wanted to play. Animal Crossing: New Horizons may be the first 2020 title I pick up on March 20th. I generally have stayed away from them since they can’t be beat and go on forever, (I avoid all games like that, like MMOs.) but idk this one really has my attention for some reason.

Either that or Doom: Eternal, since they both drop on the same day. Maybe both. 🤔
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    DOOOOM ETERNALLLLL
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yo why the fuck do people on craigslist want $100+ for an original xbox? I can get a 360 for like $50. I only wanna play MVP baseball and street vol. 2 so I'm not tryna spend that much on it.
    Prolly simply cause they’re harder to find at this point. A lot of older consoles are like that.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    The 360’s aren’t old enough for people to be nostalgic about yet. It’s the cycle of game councils. Expensive when new, then cheap af for awhile when new shit comes out, then the price climbs back up when they get older and harder to find again. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Shit even certain PS2 and GameCube games are going for the full $60 online like new games, sometimes even more lmao.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Yeah Def Jam Fight for NY can go up to 100+ for a good condition copy
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,796 jayfacer
    Yo why the fuck do people on craigslist want $100+ for an original xbox? I can get a 360 for like $50. I only wanna play MVP baseball and street vol. 2 so I'm not tryna spend that much on it.
     If you're not gonna play Voodoo Vince why even get an original Xbox?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    I might get to actually play theough some of my games the next couple weeks =))
    Dime2 said:
     If you're not gonna play Voodoo Vince why even get an original Xbox?
    Cuz MVP 2005 and Street Vol. 2 were 2 of the most fire games of all time. Prolly the 2 games I played the most til MW2 came out in high school.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Street Vol. 2 was the fucking TRUTH
    I dont even like basketball and I fuckin loved that game
    The second one was the one where you could unlock the Beastie Boys as players right? Put so many fucking hours into that game.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Guess I’ll finish Red Dead 2 this weekend

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Started playing nier again
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • GazzaGazza Posts: 145 salt miner
    NOCAP said:
    Guess I’ll finish Red Dead 2 this weekend

That game is really good.
    edited March 2020
    Played the FF7 Remake demo and it got my wee wee hard. Fuck that game is gonna be fucking amazing. I especially love how the new combat system is essentially a mix of the turn based combat of the original, and a more hack and slash style like Kingdom Hearts.

I still really fucking hate how they’re doing it in 3 full priced episodes. It’s such a greedy fucking business model. But that game is going to be inevitably fucking golden so you’ll prolly catch me bending over anyways. 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    Nah, fuck that remake
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    It looks gorgeous, I'll give them that at least. But no matter how many times I play through that demo..I'm bored. The amount of cutscenes for talking bother me because it makes me question how much of that is going to happen (taking up a portion of the gametime). They shouldn't even bother with classic mode because there isn't enough there to remotely resemble turn based. I know they messed with the materia system a bit so that worries me. The fact that it's being dropped in episodes also bothers me. I'm not paying 60 bucks for midgar no matter what they added to it. If I wanted to play this game, I want the entire game..not pieces over who knows how many years. Super disappointing 
    imageimage