Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Heard so many good things about Breath of The Wild. How it was the best game in the franchise. I got it and was very disappointed. If it didn’t have the Zelda title then I guess it would be ok, but with the title I expect better. 

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I'm kind of biased when it comes to BotW because I was wanting a huge open world Zelda game since about 2006. So I was quite satisfied with it and enjoyed the fact they changed it up from the rest of the Zelda games
    imageimage
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,713 spicy boy
    2D Zelda > 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Zelda was good but they should've had proper dungeons in addition to the shrines. There were a hundred shrines but they were all super easy to beat. I know they had the animal/guardian things but even those were easy by Zelda standards. Throw in 10 "mega shrines" and i think that helps. 
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Damn this is the only place where I’ve seen a more negative reaction towards BOTW. Even the other music forum I visit still slobs all over the game’s dick 2 years later like it’s the best thing ever created. 

Like I said I love the game and I’ve already sunk in prolly a good 30 hours very rapidly, jus has annoying mechanics in place that keep it from being the 10 that so many reviewers gave it.
    Def not a 10/10. More a 7 or 8/10
    I give it an 8.75/10. There are 120 shrines in the whole game btw
    imageimage
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Dime said:
    Combat is a copy paste of the Arkham games but I liked the combat in those so I don't mind 
    Yea I wasnt big on the combat in Arkham either lol. 
    Boi im bout to smack ya ill tell ya what
    Xeno said:
    Dime said:
    Combat is a copy paste of the Arkham games but I liked the combat in those so I don't mind 
    Yea I wasnt big on the combat in Arkham either lol. 
    Boi im bout to smack ya ill tell ya what
    Sorry 
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Just beat Cuphead as a solo player for the first time! Couple other times I beat the game were co-op with my brother. Wanted to prove to myself I could do it. Only died 145 times =))
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I wanna try Cuphead so bad cause the old school Popeye graphic style is amazing to me but I rage too hard wit stupid hard shit and don’t even wanna do it to myself. Same reason I always stayed away from Dark Souls, Bloodborne, etc. Call me a pussy but shit, games are sposed to be FUN. Not a hole in my wall.
    Dime said:
    Just beat Cuphead as a solo player for the first time! Couple other times I beat the game were co-op with my brother. Wanted to prove to myself I could do it. Only died 145 times =))
    So good 
    Episode said:
    I wanna try Cuphead so bad cause the old school Popeye graphic style is amazing to me but I rage too hard wit stupid hard shit and don’t even wanna do it to myself. Same reason I always stayed away from Dark Souls, Bloodborne, etc. Call me a pussy but shit, games are sposed to be FUN. Not a hole in my wall.
     I get where you're coming from but it is intentionally trial and error. You will be missing out by not playing, it is seriously among my top games of all time. The art design and music just bleed creativity and the little subtleties (like the music never being exactly the same no matter how many times you lose to a boss so its not an infinite looping of the same track) are terrific. The characters never say a word, yet are completely likable and charming. The art style and general presentation are top notch and gunning through it is so satisfying. It wants you to learn and study the patterns so you can carve out a strategy. I loved the fact that the game didn't take pleasure in just being a simple run and gun. Best of all in my opinion, it just reminds me of when I was younger and that old school sense of satisfaction of clearing something difficult on your own before you could look everything up on the internet. When I got to a final phase of a tough boss, my heart rate would go up and my palms would sweat lmao and when "Knock Out!" finally appeared across the screen I would literally whoop and pump my fist in the air. I don't  know how to really describe how awesome it feels to conquer this game, but goddamn dude it is so fucking great. 
    Now play Hollow Knight faggots 
    Just beat a second solo run of Cuphead. Goddamn game is addicting. Wanted to play it through as Cuohead and Mugman, not like I need an excuse to replay though =)) cut my death total down alot! 149 deaths my first solo run and only 57 on this one! 
    Ive been addicted to Puyo Puyo Tetris. Anyone play? 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Bought 

MK XL
    Prey 
    Bendy and the ink machine 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    So I'm watching someone play through Banjo-Kazooie on YouTube since I don't have an xbox to play it. He's not the best at it lol
    imageimage
    The reboot/remake? That one was ass anyway
    Dime said:
    The reboot/remake? That one was ass anyway
    The original is on Xbox now. Rare Replay