Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah dude I was watching my brother play one online. 3rd to last in literally like 3 seconds, he just got gang raped by items. 
    Also, don't think I've played a new video game this year aside from Kingdom Hearts. Spent the year catching up with what I missed or was behind on last year.F up Red Dead II and doing some online; starting, giving up on, starting again, hating, giving up on, starting up again, enjoying, really enjoying, hating then finally stopping with FallOut 76, Playing and finishing PS4 Spider-Man which was great. Outside of that I played and finished two games that came out a while ago that I've always wanted to play, Uncharted: Lost Legacy which was fun but disappointing, and L.A. Noire which I just finished a couple days ago. Really unique but also really underwhelming. 
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited August 2019
    Hot take:

I jus beat Majora’s Mask for the first time ever on the 3DS remake. (Sue me, original came out when I was 4 and didn’t give a shit. 🤷🏻‍♂️)

Im’ma have to go ahead and say this is the worst Zelda ever made. Point blank period. Shit is absolute GARBAGE if I didn’t have a strategy guide for it. And you can say I suck, need to “gitgud”, don’t give a shit. One of the top 3 things I hate in video games is time trials. Entire campaign is based on a time trial. Enough said. So that alone made me not want to play trial and error thru God knows how many attempts before I got it right, so I used a strategy guide from the jump. Beyond that, even using the strategy guide, I’m sitting there thinking “How does anybody naturally figure any of this out?”

I’m not even saying games need to hold your hand, but there was one point on a side quest where you needed to go from Clock Town (The hub world), to Icana Canyon all the way on the other side of the map, at a very specific time on the in game clock, wit absolutely no indication from the game on what you needed to do. That could lead to almost infinite amounts of experimentation before you find the solution. That is not fun. Period.

And if you have all 23 masks at the end of the game to get the fierce deity mask, you got the 4 trials you STILL gotta go thru to get it. The Goron trial is the most disgusting level of bullshit I ever seen in the history of video games. That is from here on out the most difficult fucking garbage I ever played in my entire life and nothing about that was rewarding or fun even after I completed it. Designers need to kill themselves.

All in all, game is trash. And I feel the same way I feel about math metal and shit; complex and abstract don’t mean good.
    Post edited by Episode on
    edited August 2019
    Mind you, regardless of my prior posts on Breath Of The Wild, by time I was done wit it, it’s somewhere ingrained in my top
    5 of all time. That shit was magical. Stupid addicting and once I got into it’s open world it was one of those things where I loved simply returning to it and roaming jus for the leisure and relaxation. And I’m glad to see they’ve grown since then....but this shit was GARBAGE. OoT was great, Wind Waker was great, Twilight Princess was great, BOTW was one of the hardest games of the entire next century, and then....MM was PURE FUCKING GARBAGE.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    It took me 13 years for me to play that game simply because of the time restraints (I hate anything that's timed). Even though you can reset and go back to the Dawn of the first day, it still drove me nuts. I love how dark it was and my favorite part was the Great Bay Temple. I also liked how dark it was and I hope that BotW 2 is way darker than Majora was. I also made it a point to 100% complete it because I knew I'd never want to play through it again. I can understand why so many people love it and claim it as their favorite Zelda game, but meh. 

The most memorable thing for me when that game came out was the WWE commercial that had the Hardy's in it
    imageimage
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    Most of my Zelda enthusist friends consider Majora's Mask to be the best. 

Personally, my favorite 3D one is Wind Waker. 

With
    1. A Link To The Past
    2. Wind Waker
    3. Oracle of Seasons
    Being my top 3. 

But Ive never finished MM myself, because I was a mere kid when it came out, and couldnt wrap my brain around it. 

Also never finished Breath of the Wild. Its too long, and I never got a feel for the controls. Combat is so off, and I hate how fast weapons break. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I grew up on Ocarina of Time. That will always be my favorite 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Online shouldn’t be an extra fee smh. Or it should be nominal like NSO. Really wanna hop online wit CTR but jus can’t justify paying the $60 when it would legitimately only be used on the one game since I play literally no multiplayer. You already pay for internet, that should be fee enough jus like PC multiplayer smh.
    Episode said:
    Online shouldn’t be an extra fee smh. Or it should be nominal like NSO. Really wanna hop online wit CTR but jus can’t justify paying the $60 when it would legitimately only be used on the one game since I play literally no multiplayer. You already pay for internet, that should be fee enough jus like PC multiplayer smh.
    Exactly. I don't pay for PSN either. It sucks, but then I just buy multiplayer games on PC or Switch then. 

Which Switch does cost money, but its $4 a year for me, so whatever. 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited August 2019
    Majora's Mask is different from any other Zelda game in the series because of how it revolves around people and their individual problems and sidequests as opposed to having a million dungeons. Filling out the Bombers Notebook and getting every mask is just as important as stopping the moon from falling. I fucking love it and always will. It's a fascinating and dark game. It's also not for everyone because it can be absolutely tedious and the dungeons besides Stone Tower Temple aren't great, but the payoff is worth it.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Majora's Mask is different from any other Zelda game in the series because of how it revolves around people and their individual problems and sidequests as opposed to having a million dungeons. Filling out the Bombers Notebook and getting every mask is just as important as stopping the moon from falling. I fucking love it and always will. It's a fascinating and dark game. It's also not for everyone because it can be absolutely tedious and the dungeons besides Stone Tower Temple aren't great, but the payoff is worth it.
    At least its not Zelda 2. 
    and the dungeons besides Stone Tower Temple aren't great,
    You are LITERALLY saying that 3/4ths of the main bulk of the game is “not great”. 😐 Also the only great temple in the game is Great Bay.
    Shit got marked wit a mod troll sticker but I’m dead ass serious tho lmao.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Episode said:
    and the dungeons besides Stone Tower Temple aren't great,
    You are LITERALLY saying that 3/4ths of the main bulk of the game is “not great”. 😐 Also the only great temple in the game is Great Bay.
    I just said the importance of the dungeons are minimized as opposed to other Zelda games. Yeah, you can ignore the side stuff and just beat the 4 dungeons and Majora without too much trouble, but you're not going to get much out of it. But man the sidequests are fascinating and getting the Fierce Deity's Mask to rip Majora a new one as your reward for collecting all the masks is incredibly satisfying to me.

Great Bay is the most obnoxious and tedious temple in the game, especially if you're trying to collect the stray fairies as well. I'd rather play the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time which everyone seems to hate. Hard pass. It gave me fits as a kid.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Trying to finish New Colossus, because I never did, and I remember why I dropped it. Game is trash. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,667 spicy boy
    Just beat fable 1
    Trying to finish New Colossus, because I never did, and I remember why I dropped it. Game is trash. 
    Ok, Got passed the part where you get your new body, and it gets better, but still isnt great. You can tell you they couldnt decide between making the game run and gun, or a stealth/cover shooter. And the story is weird. But it went from like a 3/4 to a 5/6. Lets see how it improves by the end.
    Need something to play. Not home enough to start something with a big story driven narrative which are my favorite. Bummer. Might start Mario Odyssey. Been using my brothers switch and just played the original 3 games plus American Super Mario Brothers 2. 
    Dime said:
    Need something to play. Not home enough to start something with a big story driven narrative which are my favorite. Bummer. Might start Mario Odyssey. Been using my brothers switch and just played the original 3 games plus American Super Mario Brothers 2. 
    Odyssey is INCREDIBLE 
    I've heard. Literally have heard nothing negative about it