Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I've been thinking about it actually
    imageimage
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Spoke too soon. RDR2 one of the top 5 games I ever played. Shit is absolutely incredible and I’m sad I’m close to the end.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    It is a very slow burn and I think it hit me even harder because the 4 games I played before it in full were Spider Man, God Of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, and Shadow Of The Tomb Raider. But Goddamn am I happy I stuck along for it. It takes patience but it’s extremely fucking rewarding. Arthur one of the hardest main characters of all time I wanna crack a bottle wit him.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    >restarted game 
    >play till chapter 3, stop.
    >Arthur lives here now
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Speaking of Spidey. Finally got a chance to sit and play it tonight. Didn't get to far into the story because I got distracted by side shit alot but so far it's great and the web mechanics are top notch. I always base my initial judgement by how much fun I can have just by swinging around. This is great. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,713 spicy boy
    I need to get into Spidey. I played like an hour. I wasnt too big on the combat, but I had a lot of fun collecting things in the city. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Combat is a copy paste of the Arkham games but I liked the combat in those so I don't mind 
    Dime said:
    Combat is a copy paste of the Arkham games but I liked the combat in those so I don't mind 
    Yea I wasnt big on the combat in Arkham either lol. 
    Bought Super Mario Party for the Switch.

Here's a game couples shouldn't play against each other lol.
    Is it good? Thinking about getting it 
    It's Mario Party lol. You pretty much know what you're getting. It's fun, but the pacing is a bit slow. I dig it so far though, been having lots of fun with it (though losing at it can make ya salty af). Biggest complaint is that it requires the joy cons and you can't use the pro controller. I hate those tiny little things.
    Dime said:
    Speaking of Spidey. Finally got a chance to sit and play it tonight. Didn't get to far into the story because I got distracted by side shit alot but so far it's great and the web mechanics are top notch. I always base my initial judgement by how much fun I can have just by swinging around. This is great. 
    Got that platinum trophy 
    edited April 2019
    What’s yall opinion on Breath Of The Wild? I jus got a Switch finally as of Christmas time so I jus started it last week. Great addicting game that I easily sunk into but there’s also mechanic flaws that I feel take away from it being the perfect 10 most reviewers gave it. The stamina system being the main one. Shit is jus ridiculous and unnecessary and makes it a damn headache when you take in the fact that it’s a MASSIVE open world game. Granted, getting a horse alleviates shit like that, but it’s still unnecessary and bogs the game down in a way that I truly don’t like.
    Idk. I'm not a big Nintendo fan so I haven't played any of that stuff but everyone I know who's played it gives it glowing reviews. Only thing I've played on the switch is Shovel Knight. Boutta fuck up Cuphead tomorrow though. 
    I never had issues with the stamina. In the beginning you have stamina for shit but that's why you improve it over time to max it out. If he could just climb things, swim, glide etc constantly it would have felt out of place in this game. It also makes things a bit more challenging. Plus you can find climbing gear scattered in the game that helps with it and speeds up your climbing. Of course, that outfit won't help much in snowy regions unless you have cooked food with cold resistance. Overall I really enjoyed that game. Gannon could have been a bit more of a challenge but, imo, the rest of the game makes up for it. 

I think it would be cool af if they released a dlc that had you and zelda going around Hyrule helping people and rebuilding. But it'll never happen
    imageimage
    edited April 2019
    I thought Breath of the Wild was ok. I never got the hang of how it worked, the stamina, cooking, and weapons breaking annoyed me. And I never even fought the first boss as a result, before moving on to something I enjoyed more. 

Def not one of my favorite Zelda titles. 

Kinda realizing Im not into massive openworld games in general tbh 
    Dime said:
    Idk. I'm not a big Nintendo fan so I haven't played any of that stuff but everyone I know who's played it gives it glowing reviews. Only thing I've played on the switch is Shovel Knight. Boutta fuck up Cuphead tomorrow though. 
    Shovel Knight and Cuphead >>>>>> 
    The weapons/bows/shields breaking was annoying at first but I think it makes the entire game a bit more interesting to play through
    imageimage