Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Post your favorite quotes that someone said something you said or something you overheard today

Comments

• SandyVaginaSandyVagina Posts: 618 just the tip
    bumper sticker I saw yesterday;

ASK ME ABOUT MY VOW OF SILENCE
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    I'm a dork.

Me: Kvelertak shirts shouldn't be more than $20, right?
    Alex: That's what I'm banking on, but they're European, so yeah.
    Me: $20 is probably the best bet probably.
    Alex: lol euros
    Me: Euros?
    Alex: Europeans
    Me: Europeans playing at Europa. Hopefully they don't charge in euros.
    Alex: Yeah, that was bad.
    Me: Too dorky even for me.
    Alex: Indeed. Quite.
    Me: Do you expect anything less for me? Hah.
    Alex: Not really, no.

Yeah, I'm a dork. Bad joke was bad.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • (Heard in the hallway) "so does one kiss make me a lesbian?"
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    ^ Lolhighschool
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    and yes it does
  • cherry_or_gtfocherry_or_gtfo Posts: 1,348 salt miner
    (background information: OTL at work means out to lunch)

Dee: Is Barb gone?
    Me: OTL
    Dee: OMG
    Me: IKR

*pauses*

Dee: LMAO

And then we really laughed out loud.
    (someone turned in application at work)

Dee: (showing me the desired starting wage) This guy must not know us...he want's $20/hour.

• That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    So I was driving back from school yesterday listening to our FM station 97.1 (hard rock) when I overheard this exchange happen as the DJ's were talking about the Soundgarden concert that was going to be in the area that night:

DJ #1: So is anyone opening for Soundgarden or is it just them?

DJ #2: It says here that Mastodon is opening for them.

DJ #1: Oh really? Are they like a local opener or have they been touring with them?

DJ #2: I think they're a touring band.

They then played a couple older Mastodon songs that they said they liked but still made fun of the harsher vocals saying "oh yeah I'll definitely be humming this one in my car" followed by laughter from the other guys in the studio. They had played "Colony Of Birchmen" which they called the "tree fuckin song" followed by "Crusher Destroyer".

My face through the entire exchange: :|:|:|:|:|
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Mom: Any preference in car?
    Me: Not really. Sounds stupid but the only thing I really want is an ipod jack or a tape player.
    Mom: How about a nice stereo system so I don't have to worry about you having headphones in while driving.
    Me: Wut, wait...wut?
    image Photobucket
    (someone at work looking in our supply cabinet for phone message pads)

Dude: Do we have pads for phone messages? I can't find them...
    Me: I'm pretty sure we do
    Dude: I did "man look" for them though
    Me: *goes to cabinet and the pads are staring me right in the face*

"man look" indeed
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    So I was driving back from school yesterday listening to our FM station 97.1 (hard rock) when I overheard this exchange happen as the DJ's were talking about the Soundgarden concert that was going to be in the area that night:

DJ #1: So is anyone opening for Soundgarden or is it just them?

DJ #2: It says here that Mastodon is opening for them.

DJ #1: Oh really? Are they like a local opener or have they been touring with them?

DJ #2: I think they're a touring band.

They then played a couple older Mastodon songs that they said they liked but still made fun of the harsher vocals saying "oh yeah I'll definitely be humming this one in my car" followed by laughter from the other guys in the studio. They had played "Colony Of Birchmen" which they called the "tree fuckin song" followed by "Crusher Destroyer".

My face through the entire exchange: :|:|:|:|:|
    I know, I'm surprised they were able to stay awake through two Mastodon songs
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    (someone at work looking in our supply cabinet for phone message pads)

Dude: Do we have pads for phone messages? I can't find them...
    Me: I'm pretty sure we do
    Dude: I did "man look" for them though
    Me: *goes to cabinet and the pads are staring me right in the face*

"man look" indeed
    Women have a power of finding unfindable objects that I will never understand.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i bought a couple packs of cigarettes this morning and when i walked out of the store i started packing one of the packs. some lady sees me and says
    "what did those cigarettes ever do to you?"

even though i heard exactly what she said i replied "what?"

she says something like "you're hitting those cigarettes awefully hard, what'd they ever do to you?"

i responed "well they're gonna kill me some day so i figured i may as well get some pay back."

da fuck? @-)
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    i bought a couple packs of cigarettes this morning and when i walked out of the store i started packing one of the packs. some lady sees me and says
    "what did those cigarettes ever do to you?"

even though i heard exactly what she said i replied "what?"

she says something like "you're hitting those cigarettes awefully hard, what'd they ever do to you?"

i responed "well they're gonna kill me some day so i figured i may as well get some pay back."

da fuck? @-)
    =))
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited October 2011
    ^8-}

Talking about Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking

Me: It starts out with him talking like he talks, then transitions into a guy with his accent.
    Friend: Accent? English or computer? Does the guy speak Macintosh?
    image Photobucket
    (me and 2 co-workers were talking about taking blood pressure, and I let one of them listen to what it sounds like the last time I brought my stethoscope and BP cuff in)

Me: If I wasn't afraid of Diane walking in at any given moment, I'd go out to my car and get my blood pressure stuff and let you listen to what it sounds like.
    Vicki: She has been gone a while...how long has she been gone?
    Me: ............................long enough for her to walk in at any given moment.

We laugh, and then my boss walks in.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Last night while watching The Walking Dead. Tokyo Drift is our name for the Asian character Glenn who was about to get laid.

Charles (an Asian kid): Holy shit! Tokyo Drift is going to get his little chopstick wet!
    Alex: That's so wrong. But you're Asian, so it's so right.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    :)) :))
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Tony from Municipal Waste just tweeted:

I'm watching Jerry Only's version of The Misfits right now. They sound like "Creed shreds."
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited November 2011
    this was someones comment on yahoo regarding the fucking retard hank williams jr getting let go from the monday night football thingy:

K West can call Bush a racist, compare him to Hitler and no one has an issue with that? But let a white guy do the same and it is a big issue? Mr. Lincoln, I wish you were here!

I am sure if he had it to do all over again, he would change nothing.

One thing about this whole thing is, Hank isn't losing any sleep over it and he sure don't need the money. I'll wager it won't stop him from speaking his mind onward.

these are the user comments that had the most thumbs up based on the article

sweet mary and joseph, and people wonder why we elect dumbfucks into office because the american people are dumbfucks.. i honestlydont even know why we should be that proud of our country as americans..compared to the rest of the world we have a pretty sweet deal but we dont live up to our own ideals and most the people who live in this country literally have no idea what there talking about