Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

the draft is coming back?

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Two years of military service is perfectly acceptable. Our miltary has spent more time at peace than at war. Fear of war or going to war is a weak excuse. I have neices and a nephew that are in the military and none of them are going overseas.

if they promised not to send me oversea i would be glad to help my country. but im not fighting 'their' wars for them, i can make up my mind on my own what i feel is worth dying for

If the government is expected to hand out grants and other funds for college then they should expect a return on their investment. It's no different than a hospital paying for a nursing student's education and then having them work for them for a contracted amount of time afterwards.

the govt has never handed me anything but taxes lol. there return is that the people come out of their great american colleges and do good for society by being doctors, social workers, etc.
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Nola, the government gave you freedom to complain and have spirited debates and discussions such as this one.

We can agree to disagree on this subject. LOL
    Don't make me get the asshurt forms.......LMAO
    well if you think that people should fight in wars they dont believe in because of serious moral objections and not based on the fact that they are 'scared' or 'spoiled' then i guess we can agree to disagree
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    if they REALLY needed people i think they would start drafting chicks
    imageimage
    I've never stated people should fight in wars. I said they should serve their country. You have to admit that there are alot of scared and spoiled people in this nation. I'm like you in the fact that the government hasn't given me anything but a tax bill but I'm still proud to live in this country no matter how fuct it is. It's still better than any other nation in the world.
    i just dont think that its a stretch to say that if i had mandatory military service that an in shape 22 yr old male like myself wouldnt see some type of action in either afghanistan or iraq
    plus though im grateful i live in this country, people never lose the right to try and better there country. im not just going to settle for 'well we have it better than everyone else', thats good but we should always be looking to improve
    Or the Gulf of Mexico. Seems to be a more pressing issue at the moment. That's just an example though. My nephew is designing new aircraft parts. My neices are both nurses at VA hospitals. I'd say that over 50% of new enlistees don't get shipped off. Granted some do, but isn't a scheduled withdrawl of troops due to begin soon over there?
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    OH CANADA
    OUR HOME AND NATIVE LAND
    Damn bearded ass cannuck!! LOL
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    iran is in the middle east....where most of the worlds oil is....while i doubt we go there it would make since cause if one of the worlds major countries controls the middle east they control the world
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    hahaha the beard helps with the cold. our countries aren't much different but i get what your saying about the volunteer for your country thing, here in order to graduate from high school you must complete 100 hours community service which i complained about when i had to do it but it makes sense.
    i myself volunteer with kids, i teach them hockey in the winter and soccer in the summer, and i do that because when i was growing up there was none of that, i did play organized hockey but thats cuz my parents could afford it and not everyones parents can afford and commit to something like a traveling sports team
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
  • cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    edited July 2010
    ^clearly didn't read any comment made in this thread past the first page
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Is it true that you Canadians are scared of the dark?

Inb4 fear of the dark sing alongs
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    What's the difference between the Canadian Army and the Canadian hockey team?

The Canadian hockey team can actually put up a fight.
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    AMERICA IS THE GREATEST NATION IN THE WORLD BY FAR

BUT OUR TROOPS IN OTHER COUNTRIES IS A WASTE OF RESOURCES

WE NEED TO GET OUR SHIT TOGETHER BEFORE WE ATTEMPT TO DO ANY THING OUT SIDE OUR BORDERS

FUCK THE REST OF THE WORLD UP THEIR STUPID ASSES LETS TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN

JUST SAYIN