Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

the draft is coming back?

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    ill help you "accidently" brake your arm ;)
    Honestly I'd be perfectly fine with that.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Wow someone didnt pay attention in American Government class.

And actually what they do now for signing up for the draft pool is just include it in your id/drivers license renewal shit. I got my state id renewed and a few weeks later got a letter saying they basically did it for me.
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    ^This^

Selective service has been around forever. It's simple.......register or forfeit any government benefits and/or privileges. NOBODY has been drafted in over 30 years.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    draft comes back, me n my friends are goin to Canada.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Anyone that goes to Canada to avoid registering for selective service is a pussy and should have their citizenship revoked.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Being in college stops you from being drafted. <_>

The fact that there is no draft stops you from being drafted.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
  • 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    edited July 2010
    This bill has been attempted 4 times (2003, 2006, 2007, and now in 2010). If it hasn't passed before, it won't now. It will be shot down before a vote is ever put on it.
  • Ezkaton2000Ezkaton2000 Posts: 440 salt miner
    Government tries to force anything on me, at any time. I will make sure they won't find me. And if they do, I'll be dead
    The government imposes their will on you everyday....whether you realize that or not.

And there won't be another draft, if there is just sneak off to Canada or horribly disfigure yourself like they did in the 60s.
    This bill has been attempted 4 times (2003, 2006, 2007, and now in 2010). If it hasn't passed before, it won't now. It will be shot down before a vote is ever put on it.
    Meaning they tried to use the draft in those years?
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    santana why dont you sit this thread out buddy, ur having a hard time grasping this one lol
    Alot of you guys seem to be having difiiculty grasping that there is no draft. You still have to register with the selective service. If you don't you can lose your right to vote, your driving privileges, you won't be eligible for any student loans or grants, and it makes you a complete douche.
    Same bill, same people trying to pass it. In the the 3 years they attempted before now, I don't believe it ever made it to a vote. It was extremely unpopular then, and I assume it still is now.
  • zuke2323zuke2323 Posts: 263 juggalo
    edited July 2010
    No, it means they tried to pass a bill requiring ALL persons (instead of just men) 18 to 42 to sign up for selective service, which you have already done if you are 18. If they were trying to re-instate the draft I doubt this is the first place we would've heard about it. A HUGE deal would be made if they tried to re-instate it.
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    edited July 2010
    No, it means they tried to pass a bill requiring ALL persons (instead of just men) 18 to 42 to sign up for selective service, which you have already done if you are 18. If they were trying to re-instate the draft I doubt this is the first place we would've heard about it. A HUGE deal would be made if they tried to re-instate it.

"The Universal National Service Act of 2010 (H.R. 5741) is a bill introduced by Charles B. Rangel in the United States House of Representatives on July 15, 2010. It again proposes the requirement that all residents in the United States aged between 18 and 42 carry out national service for a period of two years, and be available for conscription during wartime. It allows no deferments after age 20"

"SEC. 102. NATIONAL SERVICE OBLIGATION.

(a) Obligation for Service- It is the obligation of every citizen of the United States, and every other person residing in the United States, who is between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform a period of national service as prescribed in this title unless exempted under the provisions of this title."

Sounds nothing like selective service to me.

• StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    "SEC. 102. NATIONAL SERVICE OBLIGATION.

THIS^

.... I agree with, and fully support.