Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

the draft is coming back?

Comments

• rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    "SEC. 102. NATIONAL SERVICE OBLIGATION.

THIS^

.... I agree with, and fully support.
    How exactly does it benefit a country if all of its citizens are ready to go to war at any time?
  • cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    talk about paranoia. There's no draft and there's not going to be. Also you people talk about the military as if it's the end of the world.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip

THIS^

How exactly does it benefit a country if all of its citizens are ready to go to war at any time?
    taken from the bill itself:

(3) The term ‘national service’ means military service or service in a civilian capacity that, as determined by the President, promotes the national defense, including national or community service and service related to homeland security.
    talk about paranoia. There's no draft and there's not going to be. Also you people talk about the military as if it's the end of the world.
    Exactly what I was thinking. It's not like America is fighting another military super power, just a guy in a hole. I think they have more than enough troops over there.
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    They talk like that because they are scared they may have to earn their rights and not have everything handed to them. The ones who don't understand that there is NO draft would be exempted during the recruitment process, if there was a draft, due to a defective mental capacity.

I absolutely agree that every able-bodied adult in this country should give two years of service, whether it be military or civil service duties. There is an air of entitlement to this country's youth and it makes no sense to all the vets who fought for you.

THIS^

taken from the bill itself:

(3) The term ‘national service’ means military service or service in a civilian capacity that, as determined by the President, promotes the national defense, including national or community service and service related to homeland security.
    America is already #1 when it comes to military and every other country knows it, there is no need to "promote" what the USA has.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    America is already #1 when it comes to military and every other country knows it, there is no need to "promote" what the USA has.
    Then why have we been struggling so hard over the last 10 years to find "a man in a hole?" It's because it's not even close to that simple.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    edited July 2010
    do you remember, in Predator, when Arnold smothered his body in mud and tricked the super-high tech smarts of the predator?

That is exactly what Al-Qaeda are doing right now.

The Vietnamese did the same thing, so did the Koreans.
    Al-Qaeda IS Arnold Swartchenheimer
    Then why have we been struggling so hard over the last 10 years to find "a man in a hole?" It's because it's not even close to that simple.
    You don't have to take my word for it, look up the numbers for yourself. When it comes to the military, the US is #1 in everything, besides numbers, the Chinese have the largest military in a world. And as far as not being able to find a guy in a hole, the first 7 years of the war was based on finding oil in a hole.
    Americas army will be inferior to another army in around 10-20 years!!!
    Costa Rica has no military... quite a few years ago the people had a choice. Spend the little money they had on a military or on attracting tourism.
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    "Americas army will be inferior to another army in around 10-20 years!!!"

I'll go along with that based on the crop of young people America has to choose from. Slim pickings.

You don't have to take my word for it, look up the numbers for yourself. When it comes to the military, the US is #1 in everything, besides numbers, the Chinese have the largest military in a world. And as far as not being able to find a guy in a hole, the first 7 years of the war was based on finding oil in a hole.
    I could have the biggest dick in the world but if I can't last more than 5 seconds it doesn't matter.

Leaving Iraq was the first step towards finding Bin Laden. The next step is securing Pakistan.
    The US will eventual break ties with Saudi Arabia... only after crunching numbers and realizing we wont go broke if we stab them in the back.

Iran shouldn't be touched IMO.... they have a retarded leader is all.
  • 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    Bin Laden will die before we ever capture him.
    Bin Laden will die before we ever capture him.
    I sorta believe the theory he's already dead.
    The US will eventual break ties with Saudi Arabia... only after crunching numbers and realizing we wont go broke if we stab them in the back.

Iran shouldn't be touched IMO.... they have a retarded leader is all.
    Not for another 30 years at least. Saudis = OPEC. OPEC=America.

I honestly don't think Iran is an issue in the short term.
    I can believe he's already dead, wouldn't surprise me if his own people got ahold of him. Kind of like what happened with Sadam.