Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Bleeding Through and Unearth tour got me wet 
    Dates???
    Already looked it up it’s three shows in Texas. Dude should kill himself. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Man I’m really kicking myself for going wit a new iMac in 2021 instead of switching to PC like I originally intended. This Galaxy Book is especially putting it into perspective. The original reason I did the iMac is because my audio interface runs thru Thunderbolt and obviously that’s primarily a Mac thing. More and more PCs are starting to have it, including my Galaxy Book, but oddly enough it’s really only on laptops, it’s damn near non-existent on desktops/towers. Universal Audio offers a USB model of the same interface, but aside from the obvious speed downgrade of Thunderbolt to USB, it would also be going from a Quad core to a Duo. The USB doesn’t come in Quad. But to my understanding, both boxes have the same preamps so the sound quality is the same, and if the USB was plugged into a maxed out super PC wit a top of the line processor, I don’t think it would really matter or actually be a downgrade. The interface’s processors really only pick up the slack on whatever load the CPU itself can’t handle, as far as I know.

And this shit depreciates so fast, the highest I’m finding for any kind of trade-in value on the Mac is like $1,300, and I dropped like $4K on it only 2 years ago smh. Was price shopping and I can literally have a maxed out PC including a 4090 GPU for about the same exact price, and would obviously be able to swap and upgrade in the future unlike the Mac smh. I still might do it and make the switch, but unnecessarily paying that much twice really stings. 
    FLAT said:
    Already looked it up it’s three shows in Texas. Dude should kill himself. 
    Whether you're referring to me or marc I agree
    Marc. I awesome’d his post. Went and looked for dates couldn’t really find them. Took me like ten minutes. Figured it out and first thing I did was take the awesome away. 
    Yo @MetalCoresades, so I was at Guitar Center yesterday and I got to fuck around wit a Jackson Soloist in person, not the specific model/colorway I want, but same difference. Really like the feel and I think I’m gonna stick to that initial choice. But since I got to see the Floyd Rose in person, basically it’s main detractor is that it makes tunings and re-stringings more tedious? And dude told me that I could hypothetically take it off if it bothered me too much, but then I wouldn’t really be able to use the whammy bar. Fair trade off for me if it ever gets that bad that I don’t want to deal wit it anymore. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also, for my first amp, I’m prolly gonna go wit a Marshall Code 50. I LOVE how it’s an all in one and has all the built in pedal effects without needing external pedals. I’m sure I’ll get into individual pedals as well, but that felt like the best general all in one starting place to me.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Just buy a guitar without the Floyd rose. Will make life a lot easier for you. 

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Yo @MetalCoresades, so I was at Guitar Center yesterday and I got to fuck around wit a Jackson Soloist in person, not the specific model/colorway I want, but same difference. Really like the feel and I think I’m gonna stick to that initial choice. But since I got to see the Floyd Rose in person, basically it’s main detractor is that it makes tunings and re-stringings more tedious? And dude told me that I could hypothetically take it off if it bothered me too much, but then I wouldn’t really be able to use the whammy bar. Fair trade off for me if it ever gets that bad that I don’t want to deal wit it anymore. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also, for my first amp, I’m prolly gonna go wit a Marshall Code 50. I LOVE how it’s an all in one and has all the built in pedal effects without needing external pedals. I’m sure I’ll get into individual pedals as well, but that felt like the best general all in one starting place to me.
    Yea, Jackson make good guitars. They're my lead guitarist's favorite, he nearly exclusively plays Jackson, and all his have floyds too. They are a big pain in the ass though, and I personally dont like them, none of my guitars have them. Take the time to learn how to change a string and tune using a Floyd Rose for sure, it does have a learning curve. 

I've never played a Marshall Code 50, though I do like digi amps, my first amp was a Line 6 Spider III, which is similar. I use a Helix now, which is everything reduced down into a pedal, I dont even use an amp, I just run DI into whatever PA system Im playing at. 

Check out the Boss Katana if you havent. Its like the Code 50, but has all the boss pedals built in. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    NOCAP said:
    Just buy a guitar without the Floyd rose. Will make life a lot easier for you. 
    But my point is, if it can effectively be removed and played like a normal guitar, then I essentially am buying it without Floyd Rose. Because like I said, worse comes to worst, I jus remove the system and keep it pushing. Cause I really fucking like that guitar and it caught me more than anything else lmao. So it seems pointless to turn it down over something that can be removed.

Yea, Jackson make good guitars. They're my lead guitarist's favorite, he nearly exclusively plays Jackson, and all his have floyds too. They are a big pain in the ass though, and I personally dont like them, none of my guitars have them. Take the time to learn how to change a string and tune using a Floyd Rose for sure, it does have a learning curve. 

I've never played a Marshall Code 50, though I do like digi amps, my first amp was a Line 6 Spider III, which is similar. I use a Helix now, which is everything reduced down into a pedal, I dont even use an amp, I just run DI into whatever PA system Im playing at. 

Check out the Boss Katana if you havent. Its like the Code 50, but has all the boss pedals built in. 
    Funny you say that, the Spider V was the other one that caught my attention in store, for the same reason, how it’s an all in one. But overall the Marshall edged it out because I liked it’s effects and tones a lot more.

Will definitely check out the Katana tho, didn’t see one of those in there.
    Yo do yall know/listen to Sleep Token? This band is fucking incredible, I can’t stop listening to them. Back when I said I’m extremely picky about Metal/Hip Hop fusion and that it has to be done an extremely specific way to sound graceful, this is EXACTLY what I meant:

https://youtu.be/om4dEGKnEmw

They don’t do this on every song and they have shit that’s way heavier and more straight up traditional Djent style shit, but shit like this and their new single DYWTYLM are very blatantly Trip Hop/Dark RnB style production, wit soulful vocal delivery and melodies, but they somehow seamlessly mix in the chugs and make it heavy as fuck at the drop of a hat. DYWTYLM is moreso straight up dark sounding Pop/RnB and doesn’t get heavy, but still. Whereas traditional Nu Metal is corny as fuck, to the point of almost seeming like a lame attempt at a caricature/stereotype of old school Hip Hop, which I absolutely fucking despise. Like Limp Bizkit. But this could technically still fall under the Nu Metal umbrella, but it’s a COMPLETELY different ballgame.

The last time I heard the fusion done this fucking well was BMTH on “why you gotta kick me when I’m down?”. It’s so rare that it’s done proper, or even attempted like this in the first place. It makes me want to try my hand at it.
    I keep hearing about these guys havent checked them out yet
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    They're peak zoomer metal. I dont get their appeal at all
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Xeno said:

So I know I haven't posted a lot about personal stuff since getting dumped last summer but despite my better judgement I found myself in a rebound relationship a couple months later. Just ended it today and it was rough esp since I did care about her
    Xeno said:
    Just listened. A little overproduced for me but I dig it
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    edited May 2023
    I love my neighborhood. It's quiet and peaceful and no hood shenanigans. 

But it's kind of upity. Most the doctors and lawyers from town live by me. 

Anyways, really the only thing that passes me off is that my kids play violin and are in quior and every time they have a concert their school chares us $5 per person. 

I get it's for the music department, but the district already gets tons of money from fund raising. 

Maybe I'm being cheap but I hate having to pay to see my kids play lmao
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Xeno said:
    So I know I haven't posted a lot about personal stuff since getting dumped last summer but despite my better judgement I found myself in a rebound relationship a couple months later. Just ended it today and it was rough esp since I did care about her
    That sucks but sometimes that's what's best for you
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    Yeah I was also on that rebound course right after my own breakup and looking back I'm thankful that no actual relationships came from it cause I'd have jumped into that way too soon. At least it ended now though, but I'm sure it's not easy.