Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• JeffJeff Posts: 1,164 just the tip
    I'm more surprised he hasn't succumbed to his obesity 
    same, honestly. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    You fucking faggot you just posted that for the page to turn over so no one could see my picture!!!!!!
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Its my last day in my parents house. Moving into the apartment tomorrow
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Me popping into this thread like 

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Easiest disagree of all time
    So the apartment is a lot smaller than my parent's house, obviously, and I have a lot less space and outlets for my gaming set ups than I did in my parent's basement. So I got one of these 18 outlet surge protectors. I'm using every outlet. 12 consoles, 2 TVs, the wifi box, the Roku, the cable box, and the Wii U gamepad plug. 

Anyone know if this is unsafe? Some people are saying I should switch to Tripplite surge protectors because they are better. Would it be better to split these between two surge protectors instead of using just one? They'll still be in the same outlet regardless. I don't really have any other solutions beyond surge protectors. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099NB3TTY?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
    Now i am not an electritcian, but ive never had a problem using one like that. 

My own logic tells me that as long as you are using one, and its not the cheapest brand possible, you are probably good unless you plan to play all 12 consoles at the same time lol 
    So the apartment is a lot smaller than my parent's house, obviously, and I have a lot less space and outlets for my gaming set ups than I did in my parent's basement. So I got one of these 18 outlet surge protectors. I'm using every outlet. 12 consoles, 2 TVs, the wifi box, the Roku, the cable box, and the Wii U gamepad plug. 

Anyone know if this is unsafe? Some people are saying I should switch to Tripplite surge protectors because they are better. Would it be better to split these between two surge protectors instead of using just one? They'll still be in the same outlet regardless. I don't really have any other solutions beyond surge protectors. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099NB3TTY?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
    Wouldn't say it's unsafe unless the electrical system is from 1900. You'll find out if it's too much if you trip the breaker and suddenly lose power to that outlet/whatever other outlets are on that switch. At which point it's easy enough to just switch it back on and find some other solution.
    Wait just read you have TWELVE consoles plugged in at the same time 😂

Idk if older consoles draw any power when they're not turned on, but if it's an issue I'd just leave them unplugged and plug in the one you wanna use
    Here I am in my nana's old ass house paranoid about having the AC and my laptop plugged into the same outlet lmao
    Xeno said:
    Wait just read you have TWELVE consoles plugged in at the same time 😂

Idk if older consoles draw any power when they're not turned on, but if it's an issue I'd just leave them unplugged and plug in the one you wanna use
    Yes 12

I think Im going to split them up between two surge protectors
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    First time I saw this one I cried laughing.

Biggest example of “Jus because you can doesn’t mean you should.” I ever seen in my life. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 It’s a fire hazard waiting to happen. There’s a reason that the top trusted brands like Tripplite, Belkin, and APC generally max out at 12 inputs per surge protector. I’m in the same predicament because I have my aquarium and gaming shit all in the same room and the tank alone takes like 10 inputs. So I simply got 2 12 input strips, 1 Belkin and 1 Tripplite, (Would have matched and did 2 Tripplites but they were ordered separate and the Tripplite was out of stock the 2nd time around.) and I have all the aquarium shit plugged into one, gaming shit into the other.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker

Each outlet is rated for 15 amps. Exceed that and you’ll blow a fuse of pop a circuit breaker. Most of that shit is low draw anyway, and it’s not all on at the same time so you’re good. It’s more of an issue for power hungry appliances or things that draw a lot of power to start up or have intermittent power cycles. (computer, fridge, freezers, vacuum, power tools etc.) 

Surge protectors are meant to protect your electronics from a power spike coming in. That’s a whole different thing. They can still only handle so many amps being drawn through it. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    I can tell you that with all of us not being electricians, that Jobe Probably has the most "experience" with electrical lmao
    I can tell you that with all of us not being electricians, that Jobe Probably has the most "experience" with electrical lmao
    I am automatically the expert on any given topic.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I grew up doing rough construction, drywall, and roofing. Not so much electrical or plumbing, but I’m building a bathroom in the basement and YouTube is a great resource for everything these days. Currently watching a fuck ton of epoxy resin flooring videos as that’s the next step and I finally got all the shit I need together to do it) I also lean on my father in laws experience for bigger projects cuz he has that old man knowledge and just knows everything about everything. I genuinely enjoy finding little ways to fix shit up or to make things more convenient around the house. I just installed a nest thermostat and a cup rinser to the sink. (Both awesome products btw, I’ve had to stop myself from raving about them lol)

It’s been months now. Let’s see the cord management on that tv Rex. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    I'll snap a picture tonight after work lol
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Make a home improvement thread, Jobe.