Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Check engine light went on
    Looking at $800-1000 repair

Im gonna kill myself

Been working my ass off doing all these extra jobs, selling my shit, cutting back significantly, and Im still struggling to get by like I need to be
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Question does your GF do the same as you? Does she work 2 jobs or do any kinda sacrifices that you do? Not trying to start anything just legit question. Wouldn’t be fair if you were the only one doing all that 
    Question does your GF do the same as you? Does she work 2 jobs or do any kinda sacrifices that you do? Not trying to start anything just legit question. Wouldn’t be fair if you were the only one doing all that 
    Yea, she also works two jobs, does all the cooking, and a majority of the cleaning and shopping
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    You’re probably good for another year. 
    Got a talking to at my main job because apparently Ive been doing a shit job

Wonderful day
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Got to auto zone and get a code reader and see what's up. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker

Im gonna kill myself

Been working my ass off doing all these extra jobs, selling my shit, cutting back significantly, and Im still struggling to get by like I need to be

Do you even know what needs to be fixed yet?
    Pass the god damn butter.

Im gonna kill myself

Do you even know what needs to be fixed yet?
    yea, they already fixed it. $768.72. So a little less than they originally quoted me. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker

Im gonna kill myself

Bro, you co-rent an apartment. It’s only been a few months. How are you ever gonna make it though a 30 year mortgage?

Pass the god damn butter.
    IDK what your situation is with knowing any mechanics, but generally if i have someone i don't know look at my car, i try to also get the error codes and research it myself. 

I have a very good friend of mine who has been a mechanic for over 30 years, and i usually take a video and call him if anything funky is going on. 

Either way, even if its a certified mechanic, i would not just take my car into a shop and cut them a check. I hope you at least asked questions first. 

Also, how did you find out and get it fixed same day? Couldn't have been to crazy right? Most shops around me are backed up at least a day, but hey thats anecdotal evidence. 

Just something to think about next time this happens. I am not hating on ya. Its natural to freak out and just want to get the car fixed lol. 
    :| mfw MC paid 750 for an engine filter
    But, what needed to be fixed exactly?
    Basically the unit that connects the fuel cage to the line went bad so I couldnt tell how much fuel I actually had in my car. They had to replace the entire unit

My mechanic is trustworthy. My whole family has been using them for years. They used to be one of my mom's customers (she was their banker) 

Im gonna kill myself

Bro, you co-rent an apartment. It’s only been a few months. How are you ever gonna make it though a 30 year mortgage?

Work more
    Bro, just keep track of your miles lol. 
    But, what needed to be fixed exactly?
    Basically the unit that connects the fuel cage to the line went bad so I couldnt tell how much fuel I actually had in my car. They had to replace the entire unit

My mechanic is trustworthy. My whole family has been using them for years. They used to be one of my mom's customers (she was their banker) 
    Bro never drove in high school and it shows. 
    My water pump is Fucking going out and I’ve just been filling my reservoir with water for like a year and a half. Finally getting it fixed next week. 
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    So y'all are working a combined what, 4 jobs? What's rent like where you're at?
    So y'all are working a combined what, 4 jobs? What's rent like where you're at?
    Im working basically one full time, two part time jobs
    She's working one fulltime, one part time

My half is roughly $1000 a month right now for food and rent. The rest has been going to gas, doctors, and car mostly, with the last couple months extra with some band spending I had to do, and a friends 30th birthday. With a little left over for personal spending/saving. I've cut almost all of my subscriptions, I have one left because I still get the monthly IDW TMNT comic, but I'll be cutting that too. I cut Audible this month. Im basically living paycheck to paycheck right now. The issue is trying to save on top of that. I regret buying tickets and preorders for stuff months ago when I lived with my parents still. 

Like I got tickets for Dethklok this week, and I feel guilty going. I dont want to sell the tickets, but I feel like I should. I also just basically cancelled our tentative vacation plans for October, because Im now planning to use the week off from my main job to pick up hours at my side jobs.

When we get the house, my half will go up to $1500 a month, which is more than a whole paycheck for me. 
    Bro people who live paycheck to paycheck don't have the type of disposable income to just drop 700 on a car repair, or any money in savings. 

I'm not trying to be a dick either. Just saying you are making it out to be worse than you are. 

Like what's your income at this place? 

No offense, but 1k a month In bills is basically nothing. 1500 isn't really shit either. My mortgage is 1600 on its own. 

If you are struggling to pay 1k in bills a month, you should considered a manufacturing or a shipping and receiving job. I bet you could make more than what you are making now, and only work 40 hours a week. 

Fuck these part time jobs that pay dick. Go find a job that pays better and work less.