Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Sure but tattoos aren’t exactly like music unless your goal is to be a celebrity artist like Kat Von D. There’s no right place/right time, having the right connections, meeting the right people, opening the right doors, etc., and that gigantic aspect of luck that music requires. 

Unless you are absolute garbage from top to bottom and simply not cut out for it, it’s like most other fields. Put your head down, grind it out, git gud, keep at it, and at some point you will inevitably land at a shop and start building a clientele.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Sure but tattoos aren’t exactly like music unless your goal is to be a celebrity artist like Kat Von D. There’s no right place/right time, having the right connections, meeting the right people, opening the right doors, etc., and that gigantic aspect of luck that music requires. 

Unless you are absolute garbage from top to bottom and simply not cut out for it, it’s like most other fields. Put your head down, grind it out, git gud, keep at it, and at some point you will inevitably land at a shop and start building a clientele.

It’ still becomes a job like any other bro. It’s got it’s ups and downs. It’s essentially a customer service job. Retail hours. Dealing with people on the phone is a headache, customers are a pain in the ass, you’re a clean up bitch, the art you do is never the art you want to do. Flowers and god damned butterflies. Pay is often feast or famine. Long hours sitting in a chair hunched over. Empty shop hours suck balls. Often no benefits and a long break in time to start making money if you do it the right way and do an apprenticeship. 

Don’t get me wrong, it was a great gig and I really enjoyed it, but it’s definitely got some downsides to it as well. You could definitely get after it though. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Im honestly looking forward to eventually finding a job that I hate doing something I dont care about, but that actually pays well. 

Following your dreams is retarded

Monetizing your dream is where the problem comes in. Making art because you are passionate about it is amazing, making art for sale is different because it becomes a capital good to be sold.  What other people like then becomes more important. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Im honestly looking forward to eventually finding a job that I hate doing something I dont care about, but that actually pays well. 

Following your dreams is retarded

Monetizing your dream is where the problem comes in. Making art because you are passionate about it is amazing, making art for sale is different because it becomes a capital good to be sold.  What other people like then becomes more important. 
    I mean even doing audio/studio work
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?

It’ still becomes a job like any other bro. It’s got it’s ups and downs. It’s essentially a customer service job. Retail hours. Dealing with people on the phone is a headache, customers are a pain in the ass, you’re a clean up bitch, the art you do is never the art you want to do. Flowers and god damned butterflies. Pay is often feast or famine. Long hours sitting in a chair hunched over. Empty shop hours suck balls. Often no benefits and a long break in time to start making money if you do it the right way and do an apprenticeship. 

Don’t get me wrong, it was a great gig and I really enjoyed it, but it’s definitely got some downsides to it as well. You could definitely get after it though. 
    Oh I know. I’ve expressed interest to my artist about it before and we’ve had a lotta long conversations, he’s been real candid about everything and never once dressed it up or sugarcoated it. It’s unavoidable no matter what you do to to some extent, but I would still rather deal wit the downsides of a field and industry that I actually have a deep passion for, compared to the downsides of an industry that I couldn’t care less if it stopped existing.
    Has he shown any interest in taking on an apprentice? Got steady hands? Can you draw? (For what it’s worth, my dude cared more about a good attitude than drawing abilities. He figured he could teach a guy to draw, trace and color, but a shitty or ego inflated attitude make it hard to teach a person anything regardless of how talented they are)

Ready for every crooked line to drive you nuts? LOL

Its a great time to start down that path if you can get unemployment from your old job for awhile. Some apprentices make nothing or very little, some even have to pay for the privilege like paying for college. All depends on the artists and how many other apprentices have fucked them over already. It’s a great gig though. Most people you deal with are just happy to be getting some ink. I kinda miss all the weird trades people would come at you with lol. 
    Fair warning - Someone is gonna offer to trade you a fish tank once every two weeks.  
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Fuck =)))))))))

That's my favorite part about marketplace. 

"Ps5 for sale"

"Would you trade it for a kayak that needs some work and a pack of double AA batteries?"
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    I can stand those niggas man. I’m trying to sell my Ally on marketplace rn and said I’m interested in trading for retro games and I get a bunch of bullshit ass offers. I’d tell them all to kill themselves but then my account would get clipped 

yeah i think im going to put mine up for sale and cop the go as well. looking forward to those bois lol
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I’m calling OSHA on them at the least lmao. Let’s get greezy. There’s multiple literal violations on a daily fucking basis over there.
    Snitching to the feds smh 
    Jk that sucks man. Fuck that company. 
    Osha won't do shit. They literally are always walking past violations. They are just paid off. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Nah make that call to Osha. I used to work for bullshit places like that and take note of all the safety violations. I complain about safety violations and some bitch ass supervisor would get mad and start retaliating against me. I then call Osha and tell them they being unsafe over here. Then I let them know I’m the one that called osha. Then I make them pay me $10,000 for retaliation. I get them every goddamn time. I’ve worked for AT&T, a gun distribution center, warehouse jobs. Learn your laws niggas

Idk Osha from what I've seen and heard is just a bunch of shady crooks. 
    NOCAP said:
    Nah make that call to Osha. I used to work for bullshit places like that and take note of all the safety violations. I complain about safety violations and some bitch ass supervisor would get mad and start retaliating against me. I then call Osha and tell them they being unsafe over here. Then I let them know I’m the one that called osha. Then I make them pay me $10,000 for retaliation. I get them every goddamn time. I’ve worked for AT&T, a gun distribution center, warehouse jobs. Learn your laws niggas
    Nice pasta 
    Idk Osha from what I've seen and heard is just a bunch of shady crooks. 
    >Sells life insurance.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Got fired today. Basically for the exact same shit I was previously written up for and I know for a fact it didn’t actually happen this time because I been keeping printed and signed reports of all my transactions ever since the first write up. They were without a doubt trying to get rid of me. Over it.
    Sue them. You have proof of wrongful termination
    No way a warehouse didnt have a signed at-will waiver as part of the onboarding paperwork