Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Burnout is real. Honestly this job bas been the best balance so far, like Erik said guaranteed weekends off and PTO. Balances out the fact that I make less money than I did working over the road, but at least I get to enjoy my life while putting in an overtime work week.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Yeah I imagine over the road can get depressing really quick.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    He loves her so whatever. But I would have skipped signing my name on an apartment lease with her and went straight out and bought my own house with all my money in the bank.
    I would just wait for a crash. 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Everyone struggle is different and burnout can come in different ways don’t be gatekeeping cause you got kids now. It would be like me saying you’re not a real dad because those aren’t your actual kids. 

I have an interesting perspective on this now because of going through the divorce and have the kids half the time. It’s so easy to rest when I don’t have them but at the same time I fill my time with the girlfriend or doing shit on almost every day I don’t have them. I’m in the middle of a non stop trend that’s lasting three months. The first three weeks of October is the first time I have nothing going on. September is going to be interesting with how much shit I have and I do fear burnout but life is too short to worry about it too much. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Yeah kids just kind of change your perspective. I agree on everyone's struggle being different. 

I grew up around a lot of losers who would just quit there job and mooch off people too so that kind of stuff drives me nuts.

It's just natural for me to want to keep moving. If I'm not doing something I have a tendency to get depressed. Work kind of keeps me in a routine of stability which is kind of what I need or I go nuts lol. 
    FLAT said:
    He loves her so whatever. But I would have skipped signing my name on an apartment lease with her and went straight out and bought my own house with all my money in the bank.
    Idk who typed this. I’d rather have a van or be homeless. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    edited August 2023
    t's just natural for me to want to keep moving. If I'm not doing something I have a tendency to get depressed. Work kind of keeps me in a routine of stability which is kind of what I need or I go nuts lol. 

I'm the same way man. And on top of having that type of personality, you also work at a job that incentivizes working harder lol. Commission can be intimidating as fuck at first because you're worried that you won't make any money. When everything clicks and you're making money and you realize you can make even more money, it's a dopamine rush. 

I work with 8 other bankers and I make like 15-20k more than some of them a year and they act all perplexed like it's a mystery but all I do differently than them is actually work the 8 hours a day I'm there lol

Next time you can't get ahold of your insurance agent, or loan officer, or investment advisor, or your mortgage agent I can almost guarantee you they are fucking around in the office or at a "business lunch" with their other banker friends just talking about sports or shoes or whatever. 
    Post edited by FIRENATHANIELHACKETT on
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I work on my free time lol. I like being busy, and I like getting shit done. I don’t rest well. I spend too much mental energy on whatever step of a project I’m on and the best/only way for me to relax about it is to just get that thing done. Right fucking now. Then I don’t have to obsess about it anymore, I get the satisfying feeling of crossing something off of a list, and I can start to overthink and obsess about the next thing. I gotta go to the beach tomorrow but I’d rather be home sanding drywall, and I FUCKING HATE sanding drywall lol. But I have to sand so I can do another coat of mud, then sand, then paint. Then I can put the laundry shelf back up and build laundry pedestals for the washer and dryer. Gotta finish bathroom electrical wiring, install a ceiling, and put in the tub. All this shit is gonna live in my head until it’s done, so a day spent sanding drywall is gonna be more relaxing to me than a weekend of travel (last weekend) or a day at the beach (tomorrow) cuz I’ll just be thinking about all the shit I could be getting done instead. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    I grew up around a lot of losers who would just quit there job and mooch off people too so that kind of stuff drives me nuts.

Not our fault we didn't grow up around a shithole like Detroit.
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    edited August 2023
    Also, it's THERE, THEY'RE, or THEIR. 

Holy shit Rex please learn the difference.
    I know the difference. When I write on my phone though I literally don't give a shit lmao.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Slept like shit. Coughed up a lung all night. Completely lost my voice. I think leaving the con early was a good call.

How fucking irritating that I get super sick on my two days off in nearly a month. Wasted my damn money on a badge. I even paid extra for a VIP badge since its a new con and I wanted to check out the perks. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    I’m sorry MC that sucks. Hope you feel better 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Finally received the information email about my gojira meet and greet tomorrow. It says to bring my ID and confirmation email. I got a confirmation email from ticketmaster when I bought the tickets but the VIP stuff is through a separate company and I never got a confirmation email from them. I go on this company's FAQ page and there's an option to resend the confirmation email, but the link goes to a dead page. Opened a support ticket with them but it says their office hours are monday-friday.

They should have my name at the M&G since I received the info emails, but if they give me shit tomorrow I'm gonna be PISSED