Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    That sucks man. But I'm sure you can find other work if it comes down to it. If you like the job enough, just try to be careful. If you don't want to deal with it, go get a new one. 

Every factory or shipping center I ever worked at had some sort of BS drama lol. 

Work sucks all the way around lol

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    the shit must flow
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    the shit must flow
    Great premise for a song people can relate to. Lots of possibilities. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    I'll make it happen
    I hurt my shoulder about 4 weeks ago, not sure what I did, but I could barely lift my arm over my head. Went to the doctor last Friday, "everything looks ok. Probably just a sprain, its healing, should be ok in a few weeks"

This week it started to feel better. Slight pain, but able to lift again 

Today, I slipped in the shower, braced myself against the wall and it jarred my shoulder. Its worse than it was 4 weeks ago
    Lmao. 

That sucks. Shoulder issues can be major bitch, especially when you are trying to sleep. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    edited July 2023
    Toe the line as long as you can, but also start looking elsewhere immediately. 
    Yea that’s a given. I already immediately put in a few applications on Indeed last night. Obviously nothing is in panic mode yet since I still have a job, but that was my signal to get proactive and fuck them before they fuck me because the blood is clearly in the water now. 

It’s jus the whole principle and lack of stability makes me sick. Was this my forever job? Naw, but the pay is decent and I don’t dislike the job itself, so it was a decent place to be at for the next year or 2 at least, and barring any major fuckups like a forklift accident or damaging shit, that premise was essentially locked in considering I had no incidents and was doing good. Then in 24 hours, that’s completely flipped and turned into an up in the air dice roll over essentially nothing.

These piece of shit higher ups toy wit people’s livelihoods like it’s a game and wonder why former employees come back and light it up like Columbine. That ain’t how you treat good employees that have done nothing but come in and do their fucking job. When I first started, they told me how this place never keeps people and there’s very few that have been here long term. Now it’s making perfect sense. They drop everybody over fucking nothing. You would think they would learn if this has been a constant thing. But then again it’s prolly by design. Less long term employees, less pressure to give out raises. Keep paying nothing but the starting wage. Fucking disgusting.
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    What’s crazy, I was jus recently thinking about this, and call it superstitious, but I noticed at every job I ever worked, the bullshit always seems to magically start once I hit the 1 year mark. I have never made it to the 2 year mark at any job yet. And what brought it to mind was the fact that as of early June, I jus now hit the 1 year anniversary at this job. And sure enough, right on time. It has been a constant at basically every single job I lasted a year at. Either there’s suddenly new complaints out of thin air that I never heard once in a year’s time and it leads to firing, or they’re suddenly super strict and petty about pointless bullshit that they never were before, to be as irritating as possible to get me to quit. It has never failed. And my only guess is that they’re trying to avoid raise obligations.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I jacked my shoulder up in 2019 and just noticed a week or two ago that it never bothered me while working on my bathroom project. I think it’s finally good now. 

4 years later. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    My knee gave out while I was doing squats today. Couldn't finish my set. I'm falling apart. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Mountain Dew stew finally catching up 
    I havent had Mountain Dew in like... 5 or 6 years. 
    There is zero chance I believe that
    I stopped drinking all soda about 5 or 6 years ago. The only time I drink any soda is as a mixer with rum or whiskey. But even that's occasional. 
    I pretty much just drink water (filtered water from my sink, or flavored seltzer water) day to day now. A few beers on the weekend. I have 0 caffeine intake too. I dont drink coffee, and only drink non-caffeinated tea. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Flavored seltzer water gang
    Yeah the only thing I really drink other than water are an alani Nu and Celsius energy drink. 

Which those are basically pop. I do occasionally have some pop with pizza doe. 

Flavored seltzer water gang
    I hate most of those but I've tried spindiff and that's good. 

I pretty much just drink water (filtered water from my sink, or flavored seltzer water) day to day now. A few beers on the weekend. I have 0 caffeine intake too. I dont drink coffee, and only drink non-caffeinated tea. 
    This probably why you are miserable. Some caffeine is probably good for you dog. You should drink a black coffee at least. 
    This probably why you are miserable. Some caffeine is probably good for you dog. You should drink a black coffee at least. 
    Im raw dogging life