Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    So here's the whole situation

My mom's aunt and uncle are selling a town home to us. So it'll be direct with no real estate fees or whatever. My parents are going in on it with us. I'm putting down the $60/70k that I have saved, my parents are buying the rest, and then my morgage payments will essentially be me buying my parents out over time. If we sell early, my parents get a fraction of the total sale equal to what they still own. 

My gf has no savings, so the majority of the money will be coming from me up front. Obviously she'll eventually own part of it too, especially if we get married. But that's how it’s working out.
    Prenup that sir. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Yeah whatever you do keep her name off any documents, and do not marry her lol. 
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    This has potential to be disastrous. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Man we might get to make a new thread 
    What are we going to call it? 

"Welp, mcfucked myself 🤷‍♂️"
    I have 3 levels of advice for you. 

1. Deny pay
    2. Demand suck
    3. Dump her. 
    Jk but for real don't put yourself in a position where she will have any legal right to the property aside from being a tenant. 

I don't give a shit what she says. You are putting down 60k!?! It's yours not hers. 
    Idk why you wouldn’t buy a house if you gave 60 grand to put down 
    Pay sixty grand to have neighbors share a dividing wall. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    FLAT said:
    Because the town home is only $300k, whereas a house would be like $400/500k

Thats an over $100k difference. Plus the town home is very nice. We can always sell if we want to go into a house in the future
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    FLAT said:
    Because we don't all live in Bumfuck, Iowa and houses cost more than 8 ears of corn 
    Yeah for real. My parents live out in East Texas and I could literally own 2 houses for what I pay on my current apartment that I share with a roommate. 
    FLAT said:
    Because the town home is only $300k, whereas a house would be like $400/500k

Thats an over $100k difference. Plus the town home is very nice. We can always sell if we want to go into a house in the future
    You could buy a nice ass house but you’d have to move. You probably could afford it on one job instead of 7 too. 
    You could have a bigger house than jay 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    A couple days ago, my gf asks me if I "wanted to work a beer festival" with her on Saturday
    I was like "not really, but will I be paid?"
    I would not be paid, the conversation was dropped, and I forgot all about it

Jump forward to today:
    "You're still good to work that beer festival Saturday right?"
    "What are you talking about?"
    "You said you'd work the festival in Wisconsin with me Saturday, remember? We talked about it the other day"
    "No, I asked if I was going to be getting paid for working it"

And now she's all pissed off at me. Why are women like this?

Like yea, let me use my only day off for the next couple weeks to work at a festival Im not even getting paid for. I picked up an extra job next week, so Im literally working Sunday - Sunday, 11 days in a row with the week after, with two shifts on multiple days. I just reached out to another company for extra work too, so I'll be working even more once that schedule is decided. But yea, Im going to spend my only free day working for free, and then you're going to get mad when I say I dont want to? 
    It wasn't you not wanting to work for free on your day off, it was you not taking the opportunity to spend time with her
    Reread myself and I want to make myself clear, I am not being apologetic towards emotional terrorism
    Also wtf did I miss I thought yall just got an apartment together? Y'all are getting a fucking house??
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Xeno said:
    Also wtf did I miss I thought yall just got an apartment together? Y'all are getting a fucking house??
    She's had the apartment for a while. Lease is up in March. I wanted to own, so Im owning. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?