Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Of course insurance bro is gonna defend it. 

But my point stands regardless of what you say. 

If it wasn’t forced to have it we could put the money into a savings that would build and end up earning money over time and come out way ahead for most people in the end. Instead we are forced to throw money into a system designed to make money for big companies that even thought I’ve paid into for 20 years I have to fight with them for things to be covered. My money is essentially a waste in this system that im just using to line someone else’s pocket. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    edited June 2023
    "Insurance isn't a ripoff" - The guy whose paycheck gets bigger the more insurance you buy
    no doubt that there is a lot of scum in insurance. 

i didn't mean it that way. I just meant that insurance is different for every person, and from my experience with claims, the reason why you aren't getting paid out is usually your own fault. you didn't do something, or answer a question before your claim happened. Ive seen thousands of claims, and they are almost always paid out from my experience, unless there is a legit reason for them not to be. 

Thats not to be said there aren't scumbag adjusters out there, but i do not believe its as common as people think. 

Thats why, as an agent, i try to be really through in asking clients questions, because if something happens i want it to be covered. 

Most people think these companies are making money had over fist on auto insurance, but as a whole, companies lose money on auto. Just last year there was a 27 Billion net loss on auto insurance. These companies are not getting rich off of your auto. 

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    If they weren’t getting rich they wouldn’t keep doing it. Them numbers are cooked. 

Just let us have our own “insurance” savings plan instead of forced insurance and we can fix those “losses” and people don’t have to deal with them anymore 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Dime2 said:
    Yeah insurance is one of the biggest scams on earth. Very close with college loans. I’ve paid like $10,000 worth of car insurance and the one and only time I needed it they didn’t do shit 
    what exactly happened?

Did you have full coverage? was anyone injured?
     I had full coverage. I was going the speed limit. Chick with no headlights on (this was at night) blew a stop sign and I couldn’t stop in time. Clipped her rear left and it left my shit totaled. Turns out she was scrolling Facebook. On top of that, she didn’t have her insurance with her and was driving her husbands car and he had to come give the cop his insurance card. She also got two tickets. I didn’t get shit and still got fucked. Car insurance is a money laundering scam
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Hit the back of my shoe with a door as I was closing it, and I chipped the sole. Literally just bought them, this is like my fourth day wearing them 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    mrAPE said:

Just let us have our own “insurance” savings plan instead of forced insurance

You already can but it’s for rich people. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Yeah the first trucking company I worked for had their own "insurance"
    yeah idk how insurance is in illinois, but in that situation you 100% would have been paid out here. 

I would honestly call a lawyer if i were you. 
    so, i went to the store to grab some milk after work. 

So whats the worst thing that could happen while you are out with no phone? My fucking car broke down 3 miles from home lol. 

So i pull in thinking "I'll just call Amanda." imedietly followed by a "fuck" lol.

My AC in my house went out last night and my dog has a UTI that i can't get her in for until tomrrow morning at a clinic. 

So this week sucks lol.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    =))))) at the last page and a half. Also insurance is gay and a scam. 

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    edited July 2023
    I been so fucking pissed today, feels like I’m suddenly in the same type of situation Rex was in and my job is now tryna force a reason to get rid of me for whatever reason. 

I get into work today and my supervisor says he needs to take me to HR. I’m legitimately confused as fuck because there literally has been no incidents, no safety infractions, shit not even a tardy or an absence. So I’m thinking what could this possibly be about.

We have a system in the computer where, when items come in, we need to “receive” them in the software, and they get received to and placed in a designated, numbered/lettered area. And if any specific department needs said part, you need to do a separate quantity move procedure in the software and move it from A to B.

So my write up today, was that there was an item I quantity moved in JANUARY, a half a year ago, that I apparently moved in the software, but didn’t physically move it. So in other words, I did the digital quantity move from A to B, but physically left it in A and never took it to B.

Now I’m not even trying to deny responsibility, but there’s an entire boatload of reasons that there was no actual mistake made on my end. First and foremost, due to my shift alone, I rarely ever do quantity moves. I’m here alone for the most part, so the only time I ever do quantity moves is when the few people that are here out on the floor area, request a part because they need it NOW. So the chances that I jus forgot to physically bring it to them are slim to none, because they would come back to my area and remind me that they need it. There was one time, I didn’t even forget, but I was jus extremely busy and didn’t do it fast enough for them, so they made sure to come back a second time and ride my dick about it. 

Second off, this was 6 MONTHS AGO. So many parts and boxes are constantly getting moved and cycled around, it is literally impossible to say wit full conviction that I simply never brought it over there. It’s entirely possible that I brought it over there, and some dumbass ended up returning it to our area, without doing the computer work to document the move. There’s literally been plenty of times where we received a part to a floor location, and they sent it back saying they didn’t have room, so we then had to do an additional quantity move and move it to one of our stock locations. 

Lastly, we have no way of tracking individual boxes unless it is the only one left. You can track the serial number and the history of everything done to that serial number, but that’s for the quantity as a whole. So let’s say this particular number comes at 5,000 per box, but there was 50,000 total sitting in that same location, then the only thing the previous transactions shows is that 5,000 left that location and 5,000 ended up either staying or returning to that location. But that 5,000 could have been an entirely separate box containing the same part, but not the specific one that I moved and was responsible for. Again, it is a very real scenario that somebody found a stray box of this part somewhere in the building and simply returned it to that location since that’s where the rest were, but never did the quantity move and documented it. 

What really fucking gets me is that this is not even a high dollar item whatsoever, it’s a nuts and bolts typa piece that comes in thousands per box, and it very clearly was not urgent, considering this was a move made 6 fucking months ago, that was not being looked for until now, in July. 

We can pull up our entire history in the software, and so I went all the way back to the exact date and part this apparently happened on, and I literally had to scroll thru TWO THOUSAND of my previous transactions to get to that one. So even IF, and that is one gigantic fucking if, if I actually legitimately did make this minor mistake, I get 1,999 correct and 1 wrong and you go straight to fucking writing me up?? It would be one thing if this was a repeat offense type thing but it wasn’t, this is the first time ever in over a year working here that I had any kind of issue like this come up, and they went straight to write up. And make no mistake, it was MINOR. I did not lose them any money, I did not lose the part, at the very worst if I actually did fuck up, then the worst that happened was that it was misplaced and it took them a little extra effort to find it. But it was still in the warehouse and unopened.

I wasn’t fired, but I’m now in the “Next strike, you’re out.” boat. Infractions are wiped off of our record after a year, but that means any tiny mistake from now until next July means I’m gone. And it clearly won’t take much since they very obviously have me under a fucking microscope. 

That shit makes me fucking sick bro, I hate that walking on eggshells bullshit and what gets me is how out of nowhere this shit came. It would be one thing if I been legitimately fucking up and had this coming, but I been playing by the book the entire time I been here and jus doing my fucking job. In over a year working here, I’ve had zero absences other than approved PTO, 1 single tardy on record that was literally like 1 minute late lmfao, zero other incidents where I either broke rules or made a mistake, etc. And one microscopic issue like this that may or may not have been MY actual doing, and it goes straight to write up and one away from termination? Naw somebody jus straight up doesn’t like me at that rate.

None of these places give a FUCK about you. This exactly why I never gave a fuck at other jobs. Do it the proper way and play it straight and narrow and you get the same fucking result anyways. Kill yourselves.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yeah someone definitely doesn't like you. That's fucking shitty bro 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Rex was basically dealing with that at his last job too, except his boss let it be known she didn't like him lmao
    Fuck she was a cunt. Rest in piss whenever she dies
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Toe the line as long as you can, but also start looking elsewhere immediately. 
    Pass the god damn butter.