Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Xeno said:
    They use fentanyl medicinally?
    Wut lol. 

I'll double check with my GF, but I'm pretty sure it's like the most widely used painkiller in hospitals 
    I could also be completely wrong
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    edited August 2022
    @Ace_Deputy_Cheeze lol I was the same. I spent a day in the emergency dept waiting to be seen. Finally had an ultrasound. That's when they found the stone. It wasn't moving and wasn't blocking the bile duct so they sent me home. They said they would only operate if it got worse. I asked how I knew when/if it got worse .... they said that I would turn yellow or be in intense pain. Good to know. Over the next week I had numerous blood tests and my liver test results kept climbing instead of dropping or remaining the same. My doctor was quite concerned so I went back to hospital again and finally got into a ward and they operated.
    Not sure what your health system is like... but here in NZ they are understaffed and overworked and short of beds. It was hard to get admitted into a ward unless you were deemed high risk (e.g appendicitis or needing urgent surgery etc). I have private medical insurance but couldn't get into a private hospital for 3 weeks 
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Was it just sitting in your gallbladder? I've already had an ultrasound and MRI
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    My friend had to have his removed but it took him like months of going to the doctor and him puking snd shitting his guts out before they finally took it out
    edited August 2022
    @Ace_Deputy_Cheeze yeah it was just sitting there. But it was quite large at 19mm. There could have been other smaller stones in there that the ultrasound didn't pick up. They asked if I wanted to keep the stone.... I was like... ummm yeah no. 

Thankfully I wasn't in severe pain or being sick. But the constant dull ache all the time wasn't pleasant 
    Had a procedure done where they stuck a camera down to find the stone. They found a small one but they also cleared out a bunch of nasty af sludge that was like wet gravel. Numbers still aren't going down so I'm prolly getting the surgery this week.
    Good luck @Ace_Deputy_Cheeze
    Keep us posted
    It's a straight forward procedure (key hole surgery).
    Just don't eat fatty foods for the time being 
    Been drinking melted butter all day since they said only clear liquids. They might do a bigger incision to do an exploratory surgery If anything looks weird.
    Xeno said:
    They use fentanyl medicinally?
    Wut lol. 

I'll double check with my GF, but I'm pretty sure it's like the most widely used painkiller in hospitals 
    I didn't feel anything when they gave me fentanyl 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,788 jayfacer
    Tell the doctor to take a knee on your neck for ten minutes and see if you feel something 
    We don't have doctors in the swamp
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Didn't know that fentanyl was medically engineered, the more you know

Also learned that heroin was invented as a less addictive alternative to morphine

One of these days they'll crack the code on inventing an opiate that someone won't be burning on a spoon in a iHop bathroom stall
    My hospital roomie be straight up swallowing his lung butter 
    edited August 2022
    You in hospital!!? That g-bladder is coming out !!?,
    edited August 2022
    @Ace_Deputy_Cheeze don't complain to me about hospital roomies . In the ward I was in this white trash bitch arrived one night. Sounded like her appendix was bursting. She's rude and obnoxious to the nurses and demanding pain meds because... IM IN SO MUCH FUCKING PAINNNN!! The nurses head off to get the doctor and next minute the bitch is face time calling her mates and happily chatting about her boyfriend and what an asshole he is so the entire ward can hear. If I hadn't been so tired and sore I would have dragged myself outta my hospital bed and choked the bitch out. She was a fucking ho
    Gnomez said:
    You in hospital!!? That g-bladder is coming out !!?,
    Been here for a week, lol. They kept running tests. Tuesday they did an endoscopy and cleared out a bunch haggis from my bile system and a 9mm stone 
    Mate I hope the food is okay... coz mine was shit.... I could not eat it... im serious....people make fun of hospital food....it ain't no joke...it was not edible....I just didn't eat or ate food my wife bought in. Hope the surgery goes ahead soon and you can escape and get home to recover. You sleeping OK in hospital?
    Foods ok here but I have only ate like 2 days. I couldn't eat or drink to prep for surgery cuz they kept they would do then back off. Can't sleep cuz roomie is loudest snorer ever and has the grossest cough