Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    All fast food pizza is about even to me. I think I like Little Ceasers and Papa Johns best though. 

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Papa finally busting out the pan pizza. Trying that shit soon to see how good it is. 
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    edited November 2016
    Papa finally busting out the pan pizza. Trying that shit soon to see how good it is. 
    It's ight. got it last time a grand slam was hit n got it 40% off.

Edit: last day to use the code since cubs hit one yesterday.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I like domino's flatbread pizza because it's hard to fuck up
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Little Ceasers pepperoni pizza with a side of crazy sauce is my go to and you can't beat the price.

Pizza Hut isn't that bad either.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    pizza hut is absolute last resort. They absolutely smother their pizza in sauce, and it all slides off the pizza when you pick it up. 
    inb4lists
    Im at Vektor and it makes me realize how much I miss highschool. Fuck I want to go back. My life was so much better back then. I actually liked myself, and felt proud of my work
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Ableist >>> Draconian Crusade. 
    slap said:
    Playing and throwing shows >>>>>> no shows
    Like I fucked myself twice now. Just as DraCru was starting to get more and more shows, and we were writing, and recording - I moved the Nashville, and killed all the momentum. As a result my bandmates lost interest and havent wanted to continue it since Ive been back. 

Likewise just as Ableist was finally a thing, I moved back to Chicago before it could breathe. So now that stagnated too. 

All because I put my schooling and "career" before my music. 
    Move back to Nashville, start an obituary/incantation/immolation worship band with me
    inb4lists
    slap said:
    totally I get that. Is there anyway you could move back to Nashville and find work? Or are there any people you know in Chi that want to jam? Are there any outlets to meet people in your area that would want to jam? Have you tried Craigslist? 
    The construction company i work for is hiring. We start at $15 an hour. Four 10-hour days, we always have Fri-Sun off. If you have no issue with heights...? lol
    inb4lists
    slap said:
    slap said:
    totally I get that. Is there anyway you could move back to Nashville and find work? Or are there any people you know in Chi that want to jam? Are there any outlets to meet people in your area that would want to jam? Have you tried Craigslist? 
    I could find work. Especially because the music studio I work at now is expanding to Nashville. But Nashville's metal scene sucks compared to Chicago, so Im hesitant to move back. Plus the majority of my friends and family are here in Chicago, so that is another thing slowing my move to Nashville. 

I mean I work in a great environment for meeting musicians, and bands to jam with. But Im not confident enough in my playing to join another band, because Im worried about learning another bands material. As I said in the past, my guitar playing has stagnated. And part of that is not having people to write with a push myself. I just kinda recycle the same cheese riffs by myself.

Like I havent written a song since DraCru. A full song at least. In DraCru I wrote the majority of the instrumentals and all the lyrics. In Ableist I only contributed to one riff, but I wrote all the lyrics. Even back in Korgoth, while I wrote the lyrics, I only wrote the acoustic part of that song. 

I keep telling myself Im going to start a solo project until I can find a band that I jive with, but again Im never confident enough with what I right to put it out there. 
    edited November 2016
    Ita sad, and I only played for like 30 people, but this show was the last time I felt truly proud of something I was part of. 

https://youtu.be/SXtfUeiNN0I
    Like its weird. Im not the most talented person in the world, but Im basically the glue that keeps all the bands Ive ever been in going. The fuel to the creative fire. 
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Like I fucked myself twice now. 

Wait....say what! ? So you ARE getting some action!image
    You can shred better than like 90% of guitarists in FL. You have that going, at least. 
    inb4lists
    slap said:
    slap said:
    I could find work. Especially because the music studio I work at now is expanding to Nashville. But Nashville's metal scene sucks compared to Chicago, so Im hesitant to move back. Plus the majority of my friends and family are here in Chicago, so that is another thing slowing my move to Nashville. 

I mean I work in a great environment for meeting musicians, and bands to jam with. But Im not confident enough in my playing to join another band, because Im worried about learning another bands material. As I said in the past, my guitar playing has stagnated. And part of that is not having people to write with a push myself. I just kinda recycle the same cheese riffs by myself.

Like I havent written a song since DraCru. A full song at least. In DraCru I wrote the majority of the instrumentals and all the lyrics. In Ableist I only contributed to one riff, but I wrote all the lyrics. Even back in Korgoth, while I wrote the lyrics, I only wrote the acoustic part of that song. 

I keep telling myself Im going to start a solo project until I can find a band that I jive with, but again Im never confident enough with what I right to put it out there. 
    believe me I have the same exact anxiety. I already know straight up I can't play guitar in an extreme metal band, but I could maybe do bass pretty good. But you pretty much allude to it your own post, you have to step outside your comfort zone to push yourself to be a better musician. If I had a group of people I could jam with regularly, I'd for sure start playing much better. and I have the same thought with wanting to do a solo project until I find people I can vibe with. I just don't have any gear to record. i think it's what all musicians do, but we don't give ourselves enough credit. just start hitting people up about jamming, even if it's covers or something. something you can do regularly to keep your chops up and maybe inspire cool riffs.
    Yea