Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Jobe said:
    Jobe said:
    Or maybe you could focus and work harder at it. Drop the video games, the reviews, and all of the other distractions and really go after it 100%.
    I dont sleep. I work more than you think

You have 3 basic choices...

1) do shit the same and hope it works out eventually
    2) change some things 
    3) quit
    And when you continually change and try new things, and it still doesnt work out. Its time to realize not everyones hopes and dreams come true, and sometimes what you want is just out of your control. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    I love how you keep assuming I don't know anything about mental illness or depression. You don't know shit about the road I took in life, my family or any other circumstances about my situation. I never said shit was automatic, or it was easy, just that you can choose to climb or you can choose to sit down in your hole. You can choose to stay empty, or you can choose to look for healthy things to fill the void back in with. Doesn't guarantee you will find it, but the choice to seek those things out is still yours. The choice to deal with things, ignore them, face them or run from then is yours.

Best of luck to you Chuck, I really mean that.

Pass the god damn butter.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I'm assuming when all you've said up this very post is "it's up to you." I'm not assuming anything when consistently, all you've brought is blame. 
    image Photobucket
    Not blame. Taking responsibly for the things we have control over and how and where you focus your time and energy. That's all.
    Jobe said:
    Jobe said:
    Or maybe you could focus and work harder at it. Drop the video games, the reviews, and all of the other distractions and really go after it 100%.
    I dont sleep. I work more than you think

You have 3 basic choices...

1) do shit the same and hope it works out eventually
    2) change some things 
    3) quit
    And when you continually change and try new things, and it still doesnt work out. Its time to realize not everyones hopes and dreams come true, and sometimes what you want is just out of your control. 

It may be that way. At the end of the day all you can hope for is to know that you really have it your best shot and it didn't work out. That's still better than wondering if you would have pushed yourself a little harder if that would have made the difference. 6 months out of school isn't shit. You've just gotten started with the grind. 

All of the most successful people I've ever known have one thing in common. They got that way because the thing they got successful with is the only thing they do. Anything else is a distraction. If you can say the same then you've really given it your best. If you can't say the same, maybe there is room for improvement still.

Or not. Your call.

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited October 2016
    You're just making things seem way more cut and dry than they are. I dont know if you're just phrasing shit wrong or what's going on, but so far all I've gotten is that you think people either fix things or quit and that's all there is to it and everything works out to be in everyone's control when in alot of cases, it doesn't. 
    edited October 2016
    Take from it what you want. I'm done. I've said over and over that some shit is out of your control. I've said its not easy. I've said it takes time. I said it sucks. You guys are taking this shit too personally. 

*edit* Posts are getting cut in half.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I'm not going to judge or assume anything about those saying they are depressed all I'll say is maybe try something new that will peak your interest and distract your mind a bit. I was feeling pretty down on myself because I was 280 back in Feb. I decided something needed to change (it wasn't because of depression or anything I just love eating shit that makes me fat) what I had decided on was running. I have always sucked at running even when I was healthy as fuck from 16-20 years old I still could hardly run a mile. My decision was that I'm going to run a marathon. I've been running regularly since. I am now to 250 and just did my first 10k without stopping to walk. Running for me clears my mind and actually gives me more energy for the day after I'm done. I usually turn into the gung ho today is going to be awesome person after I run. 

Running isnt for everyone but it works for me. Find something for yourself that works for you like running does for me and I think it will help your mental state a bit, might not fix all your problems but it will help. 

Also so you have to be willing to accept that something needs to change in your life and make it happen, you can't just sit back and hope it changes. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Make a change? Do something?
    Now way dude, it's impossible.
    Things will be the same forever and you should just roll over and die - MU
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    I can't run for shit 

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I can kinda see both sides. I personally know how hard it is to deal with depression, anxiety and mental trauma, but I also see the benefits of taking the bull by the horns and trying to better yourself. I used to wallow in my misery a lot. I ended up wasting a lot of time succumbing to my illness. When I took initiative and started trying to make changes for the better, life was good for a while. Things are obviously fucked up now, but I still work daily on moving forward and trying not to allow this to drag me down. It's hard, but if I just sit back and let everything overwhelm me, I'll have nobody to blame but myself. Relying on outside intervention or help is the folly of fools
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah... That's why he did it.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Yeah... That's why he did it.
    Cuz shes a stupid bitch.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited October 2016
    I can admit that for me personally, I feel like a lot of my problems are a direct result of me and I have done a shitty job helping better myself the last couple years. It's been one or two steps forward and a couple steps back. It's all fucking new to me because up until 2013/2014, I had no comprehension of depression. Didn't get it. Didn't understand why anyone would actually want to kill theirself. I was just always happy and good to go. Not that i actually want to or think I'll kill myself, I'm just saying I fucking get where they're coming from now lol That's just me though. It's different for everybody. 
    image Photobucket
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    I work with this old guy that doesn't understand how homophobic and repressed it sounds when he tells us he doesn't like gay guys because he pictures them sucking each other's dicks.
    Spit out my Coke when i read this
    inb4lists
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I can admit that for me personally, I feel like a lot of my problems are a direct result of me and I have done a shitty job helping better myself the last couple years. It's been one or two steps forward and a couple steps back. It's all fucking new to me because up until 2013/2014, I had no comprehension of depression. Didn't get it. Didn't understand why anyone would actually want to kill theirself. I was just always happy and good to go. Not that i actually want to or think I'll kill myself, I'm just saying I fucking get where they're coming from now lol That's just me though. It's different for everybody. 
    same. especially during this last semester of college. it's all pointless bs because besides my "capstone" which I haven't even started working on (whole other story smh), I'm just finishing lower division classes I didn't get out of the way sooner because I decided to spend time at the radio station. I'm stuck doing a bunch of pointless bullshit that's not even going to help me in the real world. I did the commencement walk last semester since they don't offer it in the fall, so this semester seems like an epilogue to the college chapter of my life. I feel stuck because there's other things I could be focusing my time on but college is just getting in the way of it, so making time to accomplish things that will help me progress in life is kind of stalled because I barely have time between school, work, homework, band stuff, etc. couple that with the fact that the world seems to be falling apart with the political atmosphere, the economy, and the fact that bees are now an endangered species, CO2 levels are at a record high etc, it makes it hard to apply what little free time to working even more when I just want to sleep. 
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    slap said:
    especially during this last semester of college. 
    Perfect time to drop out
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Don't think I haven't thought about it. But my parents would be fucking pissed and there's a chance I might move back home next year I don't know though. Plus I still have to pay my loans so I might as well just finish it.