Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    i hate sj sometimes. there's no good places to play shows. most of the bars around here suck. the only all ages spot only does jazz and indie/alternative rock and there's no standing space, it's all tables and chairs. I hate playing to people when they're sitting down. the only people who book diy shows only do punk, and their main spot gets shut down sometimes. we recently got hit up by the place who booked our first show to play some festival there. I should've seen this as a red flag because I have no idea why this bar connected to a bowling alley would be throwing their own 2-day festival. it's all a bunch of unknown bands from the area and I guess we ended up in the headlining slot? I look at the damn fb event page and it says "battle of the bands" in the description. I'm kind of salty about that. i'm tired of playing shows in this city. 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    You can't get shows anywhere else?
    We've played some shows in SF and a couple of other cities a few times but those have been at the kinds of bars or cafes that will host live music, but people don't go to for live music, if you know what i'm saying. If you want to play any worth while a show in the city you have to be in the cool kids circle. 
    Gimme a list of places you wanna play. I'll get you a date
    and how would that be?
    I used to play in bands. I know how shit works. I also have friends in the Bay Area 
    I mean...it's worth a shot
    Okay let's start with Bottom of the Hill in SF 
    Check your fb inbox
    I'm not seeing anything
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    I can get you Florida if you ever go there.

I don't recommend it tho
    inb4lists
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    That Disturbed's cover of Sound Of Silence is as popular as it is. Not only do I hear that Shit everywhere now, but that song is getting shoe horned into shit just for popularity's sake. Like, why does that song need to be in a fucking Dreamworks movie about Troll dolls?
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    because david is about the size of a troll doll
    I love winning with women
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    >When a band's biggest radio hit is a cover song
    inb4lists
    my iPod won't connect to iTunes anymore. I can't load new music onto it
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Jus started doin studio sessions 2 weeks ago and clients already got me fucked up.

Mf had the nerve to catch an attitude and call me greedy cause I said mixing and mastering is by the hour too. He was under the assumption that the hourly fee was recording time only and that I mix and master the tracks on my own time. For free. The actual engineering step is the most time consuming one. :|

Like mf have you never been to a studio before? There ain't a studio on the planet that does free mixing and mastering.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    They think the same with Photography. Only takes a few seconds to snap the photos the time goes into editing them. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    Yeah Iv never understood people that think they could get something like that for free lol. Do you charge the same amount for studio as you do mixing?  If you do maybe you could bump one of them up 5 bucks. That way when someone asks you can say "studio time is 20 an hour and mastering is 25 an hour. 
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Not only that but no I'm not gonna mix and master it on my own time only to send it to you and have you tell me every little thing to fix cause it wasn't to your specifications. I want the client there thru the process to tell me how they want it cause it takes me 3 hours minimum to fully mix and master my own songs and that's workin wit a voice that I'm obviously very familiar wit and know exactly how I personally want things to sound. I'm not playin the guessing game wit another artist's sound.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    You should also find some kind of legal documents that would hold up if someone developed a hit. You don't want to get screwed on not having some rights to a song. It would suck to produce a song that made someone a big hit and only make like 80 bucks from it haha.