Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    SATAN said:
    Wine said:
    SATAN said:
    Bernie is our only chance
    Bernie is the worst candidate in the field for America.  The right is all fueled by how extreme they can be right now, but they'll all come closer to the center, especially on social issues, in the general.
    That's incredibly naive. In truth, I'm not even sold on the American political process anymore, but if I had to pick it would be Bernie. The rest are all sell outs that will continue to run us into the ground
    Wait what?  It's not naive, it's just a tendency of political campaigns. Race to the extreme in the primary, race to the center in the general. The base of your party wins you the primary, and the median voter wins you the general.

Why are you talking about America like it's in shit shape?  America is the envy of the world economy right now.  Income inequality has been a significant problem, sure, but it's a worldwide struggle.  Socially speaking, we're making more progress than we have in decades.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I haven't come across anyone from a different country that would put america and envy together in any sentence for any reason
    imageimage
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I fucking hated that. I had a class like that. 2 weeks later, I dropped it. Utter bullshit
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I need this class for my major :[
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    lol wtf thats complete horseshit. that guy would be getting a pretty bad review from me at the end of the semester.
    I love winning with women
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Wine said:
    SATAN said:
    Wine said:
    SATAN said:
    Bernie is the worst candidate in the field for America.  The right is all fueled by how extreme they can be right now, but they'll all come closer to the center, especially on social issues, in the general.
    That's incredibly naive. In truth, I'm not even sold on the American political process anymore, but if I had to pick it would be Bernie. The rest are all sell outs that will continue to run us into the ground
    Wait what?  It's not naive, it's just a tendency of political campaigns. Race to the extreme in the primary, race to the center in the general. The base of your party wins you the primary, and the median voter wins you the general.

Why are you talking about America like it's in shit shape?  America is the envy of the world economy right now.  Income inequality has been a significant problem, sure, but it's a worldwide struggle.  Socially speaking, we're making more progress than we have in decades.
    I see your point. You don't care that they just change their stance for more moderate votes. But I do. I hate being lied to. The right changing their stance to be more centrist towards the election actually makes me hate them more. Nothing I hate more than a sellout

Who will you be voting for?
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,669 spicy boy
    Kill your self wine when you vote for trump. Never hated you as much as now. 
    inb4trump
    edited February 2016

I haven't come across anyone from a different country that would put america and envy together in any sentence for any reason
    Pretty easy to name reasons why the US is enviable. Economy is outperforming Europe, China, South America by a mile. Canada is in recession, etc.  Socially at the forefront of a lot of issues.  Maybe we're unhealthy, and healthcare costs too much, but that's also a cultural problem.
    SATAN said:
    Wine said:
    SATAN said:
    Wine said:
    SATAN said:

I see your point. You don't care that they just change their stance for more moderate votes. But I do. I hate being lied to. The right changing their stance to be more centrist towards the election actually makes me hate them more. Nothing I hate more than a sellout

Well, yeah. It's all pretty baseless, morally speaking. I'm not a fan of it, but normally it tells me what they're interested in doing if they win. For example, if Rubio is super pro-life now in the primary, but changes stance in the general, I'm more confident overturning Roe v Wade won't happen in his presidency. Y'know?  That's just the case anywhere though.

I think this is probably the weakest presidential field of my lifetime so far, so I'm not really happy about any of them. Bernie is an economic illiterate, the equivalent of a 4th grade student council member promising soda in the drinking fountains, and most of the GOP are insane. I'll probably vote for Clinton unless someone like Rubio goes hard to the center during Super Tuesday or something.  It'd take him walking back abortion, immigration and all his religious talk for me to think about it.  I'm not a fan of Clinton's by any means, but she's a good politician even if she makes my skin crawl.
    She's not a good politician at all. She's just a bully and a liar. 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Wine said:
    SATAN said:
    Wine said:
    SATAN said:
    Wine said:
    SATAN said:

Well, yeah. It's all pretty baseless, morally speaking. I'm not a fan of it, but normally it tells me what they're interested in doing if they win. For example, if Rubio is super pro-life now in the primary, but changes stance in the general, I'm more confident overturning Roe v Wade won't happen in his presidency. Y'know?  That's just the case anywhere though.

I think this is probably the weakest presidential field of my lifetime so far, so I'm not really happy about any of them. Bernie is an economic illiterate, the equivalent of a 4th grade student council member promising soda in the drinking fountains, and most of the GOP are insane. I'll probably vote for Clinton unless someone like Rubio goes hard to the center during Super Tuesday or something.  It'd take him walking back abortion, immigration and all his religious talk for me to think about it.  I'm not a fan of Clinton's by any means, but she's a good politician even if she makes my skin crawl.
    Pathetic
    edited February 2016

Dime said:
    She's not a good politician at all. She's just a bully and a liar. 
    I dont think that at all... I think shes THE politician. shes the most cookie cutter politician imaginable. I saw picture the other day and it perfectly summed up hillary to me: "ben & jerrys hillary clinton edition: whatever flavor you want this to be"

she just rides on the most glamorous and groomed horse of whatever the fuck is popular
    Yeah proving how fake she is. She's a proven liar but still has support. Bitch is still riding Bill's coattails imo 
    Not sure how it's pathetic to see a bad field here and think everyone is pretty awful and then one that I'm not thrilled about, but relatively okay with.

I'm not sure I'd call Clinton a bully, but she's a pretty good politician regardless of if she's a liar or not. I have no particular insight into her character, so I don't really think about it much.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    RIFF_LORD said:
    my teacher has this stupid thing for his class where he has us turn in our notes to make sure we're getting the concepts. and then sends us home with homework, which would be easy to do if i had my fucking notes... 
    make copies
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    How do I make copies of notes that I just took in class and turned in that day? Unless you mean write two sets of notes in class which is hard af cuz he talks fast and there's a lot of content. It's a music history course. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    didn't realize he took them the day of the class. shit that sucks. maybe take pics of them before handing them in?