Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Tattoos? POST EM!

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    You wanna hear it?
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Not really cause the shit is fire as fuck and I’m extremely happy wit it regardless. And if it’s about that small dip in the line on the petal furthest to the right and the fact that it’s not an absolutely perfect line, extremely minor shit like that can also be chalked up to me personally not being perfectly still the whole time, so I’m unbothered. There will be color burst around and in between everything when all is said and done so tiny shit like that can be masked easily.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    You wanna hear it?
     Do you still tattoo?
     No. I still have everything I need to do it but it’s probably been 10 years since I did the last one. It’s not something I should be doing rusty af and with no real plans to pursue it anymore. The world has enough people putting out mediocre art already. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Damn I was gonna get a Jobe piece if you were 
    Pictures are still screenshots from a side to side video so they’re not the best but good enough lol. Neck is 90% done now. Next session we’ll be filling in that last lil bit of blank skin on the back and connecting everything.

Then 7 years later I finally added on to the front and did the full turtleneck. Same as the back, we’ll be finishing this next session and adding color to the lightning and moon as well as starting Anubis on my right arm:

Turtleneck is 100% done. Looks best in the 360 video he took but we can’t post videos lmao. Will also get better pics when I go in next month and this is all healed and more uniform cause obviously it’s a heavy mix of fresh and healed. Starting the rest of my right arm next month so I’ll have both arms fully sleeved once everything is said and done.

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    first half of the leg is done. Go check it out at the link.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd61pikldfo/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Turned out sick 
    Hard to get good pictures of it cause of the positioning of it but started Anubis on my forearm today, which will eventually fill in the rest of my right arm. Upper half is done and I basically had a half sleeve for a while, but forearm part been empty as fuck for a while which looked awkward since I already have the hand done.

What’s wrong wit this one, O Tattoo God.
    Do we have to talk about line work again? Shits old. 

Lines should be smooth and one consistent size
    Lines should touch at the intersections. 
    Lines should have symmetry. 

Snake base isn’t symmetrical. Left side is straighter than the wavy right side.  Snake mouth line is heavy af, but not the outside of the head Gaps in the thick belly snake lines where they meet on the left. 

Not a straight line on that necklace. Upper lip line has a gap right where it meets the necklace too. 

Clearly an egg. Should be round. 
    Those v’s don’t keep the same angle. 

This isn’t symmetrical either. 

Even you have to see this one. 

Show me a smooth line anywhere. 
    edited June 2022
    Holy fuck if that ain’t the most nitpicky shit I ever seen in my life. First off, you seem to be forgetting that I get full color everything. An outline is only half of the tattoo. Shit not even that if we consider the entire space the tattoo takes up. It’s more like only 20-30% of the tattoo. He purposely does certain lines lighter wit future contrast once color is added in mind. There’s one part on Anubis’s wrist cuff that’s especially light that I pointed out, he said it was intentional and not a mistake because of how he’s going to color it in. And I trust that because he’s said the same thing about other lighter lines on other outlines and once it was colored in, I saw exactly what he was talking about. And even then, he always looks over it once we’re on the final session and touches up any random lines that didn’t heal or blend as well. You should know this by now, since I’ve posted multiple tattoos from him in progress. Look at the night and day difference of the black sheep from start to finish.

The snake base part is straight nonsense because it’s a side profile of Anubis, not front facing. So imagine you’re looking at him in real life from that exact angle, the base isn’t going to look symmetrical either. The side closest to you is going to look longer/thicker. And that goes for any object. It’s not “off” due to the angle that it’s at, it’s accurate to how it would actually look in person when turned to the side like that. The left ear is “smaller” than the right one is too due to depth perception. Are those off and asymmetrical too?

I’m looking at the lines on the necklace right now in person and I assure you they’re straight as an arrow. My hair follicles look more like ink smudges in the picture, but in person you can tell that’s not the case. And again, they’re thinner and lighter because of the future coloring that will be done on it.

The piece on the bottom of the staff is once again OCD nitpicking. There’s nothing it’s “sposed” to be, I could have told him to make it a skull or something if I wanted to. But the awkward placement of it also toys wit things since it’s a forearm. In resting position, it’s a perfect circle, if my arm is even the slightest bit turned or twisted, it contorts it into more of an oval.
    “He wanted em all shakey and inconsistent! That blowout was on purpose! The parallel lines aren’t supposed to be the same!”

🙄

smooth lines are smooth lines, show me one. 

You ain’t gotta make excuses for your guy. I’m sure he can fix most of em. You can see where he already sculpted some of them. That’s not on purpose though, it’s fixing a fuck up. Fixing fuck ups is part of the process. You don’t have to deny it. Line work is a bitch. 

I jus explained that they’re literally not blowouts, but aight lmfao. I’m not making excuses. I literally double checked my arm after you posted the zoomed in picture and it’s only the blur of the picture making it look like that. They’re literally my hair follicles but the picture makes them look like ink smudges/blowouts. 

And If it’s not intentional, then why is every single line on the inside of the necklace lighter than the main outline? He made the exact same mistake 30-40 times in a row? They’re lighter and thinner because they’re sposed to be, for when it’s colored in.

And considering the base of the cobra isn’t an exact parallel, no they’re not supposed to be the same. If it was a front facing profile, then yes you would be correct. It’s turned to the side, like I said, a solid version of that headdress and base would look the exact same in person if you were looking at it from the side from that angle, it wouldn’t look even because you’re not looking at it dead on.

This bottle of dressing looks asymmetrical because of the angle lmao. Now if you drew/tatted this exact picture exactly as is, the bottom would look asymmetrical/uneven, when it is actually accurate to real life.
    The tooth ‘posed to be both not attached and bump though the lip?

You know Erik big mad when he pulls out the mayo.