Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Tattoos? POST EM!

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    I literally can not find the original picture, it may be somewhere in this thread in the early pages, but I’m definitely not digging for it, but “Dig Deeper” is officially no more. We still have a last lil bit to color in on the raven, but the original tattoo is completely covered at this point and this shit looks like it’s on blank skin. Flawless cover up.

Only picture I have of the original tattoo is when we blasted white over it to lighten it and start the cover up process:

Bonus points if someone knows a better search method and can find the original picture in this thread. My artist himself wanted it for his portfolio to show how he transformed it but I can’t find it anywhere, even my old Facebook.
    Those lines on the raven aren’t the original tattoo poking through either, it’s literally creases in the skin cause the area was super swollen and irritated, picture was fresh after getting it.
    Wait nvm found it. Afterwards I had added grass to it and shit but either way it was trash so yea, here’s the true, chronological before and after:

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    Did you get some laser removal done? 
    Did you get some laser removal done? 
    No not at all. He simply blasted the white layer over it and that was all that was needed. Especially since the new piece is so heavily black and purple. I’ve wanted the raven somewhere for a while, and got to thinking about it, and using it as the cover-up was the perfect placement due to how dark it is overall.
    And as far as that exposed white blade of grass sticking out, that wasn’t a mistake. I told him to put some color burst over it to cover it, but knowing that I want to fill in the rest of the blank skin on that arm and make it a sleeve, he said to wait til I know what I want there so that he can properly connect and flow it instead of simply covering it wit empty color. So for now that’s the only part of the original tattoo still showing.
    These are screenshots from a video my artist took, so slightly blurry, but still infinitely better than any pictures I coulda took myself lol.

Dig Deeper cover-up is now complete, and so is the entire arm so far until we fill in the blanks.

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Glad I don’t have to yell at you in this thread anymore. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Screenshot from a video, but I started the back of my neck today. Black Sheep. Will eventually be a full neck sleeve wit the bat in the front and ride up to the hairline and jawline.

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    *puts his hater pants back on*

I liked the outline at first but there are lots of issues when you look closer. The more I look the more I find. Jagged center lines in the ears, line thickness around the horns, lot of jittery lines. Lots of hiccups where they went back in to finish a long line in multiple passes or they were moulding the lines and building them up to try to even them out. The lines that form the mouth don’t quite end the same as they form the snout. Can’t tell if there are blowouts on some of the lines as well or just ink smudges. It’s far from a train wreck and a lot will be improved along the way but the lines just aren’t put in nearly as smooth as your other work. 

Dope image and concept though. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    There’s smudges in that picture from the previous stencil. He had wiped off the first one and moved it.
    Got my fingers done today and more done on my neck.

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    A tattoo I’ve wanted for 6 years now I’m going to finally try to get underway after the beginning of the year. 

It will be a bright red octopus wrapped around an anchor dropping through the ocean with the words holding strong while the unchained anchor sinks. It’s a line from a winds of plague song and has stuck with me since I heard it. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Quote done and tattoo scheduled. The artist knew the lyric right off the bat and was excited about the project. First session is 6 hours to try and do the entire outline. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Black Sheep is done, next session will be background to fill it up to the hairline and behind the ears.

It has begun 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    Fuck. That looks a little more comfortable than how i sat when i got my leg done. I was uncomfortable for a good 4-5 hours. 

Thats made me hesitant on getting work done since lol. 

Lit though \m/
    Holy fuck the Achilles sucks