Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Wrestling thread WWE & AEW

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    AEW is going all fucking out tonight.

Suzuki coming out was insane. 

The fucking catch match between the bucks/Lucha bros was absolutely fucking bonkers. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Watchin it now. I always watch wrestling after it’s finished so I can skip whatever I don’t care about.

Suzuki is one example of shit AEW does that I hate. They expect all of their viewers to be sweaty ass neckbeard marks that do nothing but watch every brand of wrestling from Impact to ROH to NJPW. So they have these “big” surprise appearances that mean nothing unless you do. 

I have no clue who Suzuki is so that shit did absolutely nothing for me. I assume he’s from NJPW but who cares. Stick to your own brand. Jus like I couldn’t care less that Christian Cage won the Impact title smh.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    The fucking catch match between the bucks/Lucha bros was absolutely fucking bonkers. 
    I've been out of the game for awhile but as I was watching this I was like was that match a fucking 10/10 or do I just have no frame of reference lol
    That cage match was fucking insane I jus finished it. The right guys won too. Something WWE refuses to get right.
    Yea All Out was dope as fuck. Doing the Adam Cole and Daniel Bryan reveal at the same time was insaneeeee. Adam Cole being in The Elite is kinda lame but it definitely fits his character as a heel. Cage match was possibly match of the fucking year period and should have been main event. Jericho and Punk matches were good and it was surreal seeing Punk back in the ring too. Main event was kind of a slog tho. Mainly cause an old Christian jus doesn’t really excite me and it was too predictable that Kenny was retaining. But it was decent for what it was and got completely overshadowed by the reveals afterwards lmao.

AEW is completely shitting on WWE at this point lmao it’s not even funny. Great actual wrestling, the right guy(s) usually wins, and the big moments are pulled off the right fucking way without immediately fumbling it right afterwards. (Becky and too many others to fucking name.) They make the crowd completely lose it in a genuine way that I haven’t seen since back in the day. WWE completely fucks up on all of that over and over and over again and refuse to learn from it and correct it.

What’s most exciting at THIS point is that AEW now has legitimate star power and big draws that sell tickets. Between Punk, Daniel Bryan, Adam Cole, Malakai Black, Andrade, etc., they jus grabbed a bunch of legit juggernauts and I can only imagine that them being there is only gonna draw more bigger names over there because it’s no longer looking like little league. The future is bright for them and I love it.
    This feels like when Hall and Nash showed up on WCW. You could feel the energy during the live show and like shit was gonna change 
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    Ended up watching it on a stream. Just an amazing PPV. I feel like I HAVE to see Dynamite now. 

Suzuki is one example of shit AEW does that I hate. They expect all of their viewers to be sweaty ass neckbeard marks that do nothing but watch every brand of wrestling from Impact to ROH to NJPW. So they have these “big” surprise appearances that mean nothing unless you do. 

I have no clue who Suzuki is so that shit did absolutely nothing for me. I assume he’s from NJPW but who cares. Stick to your own brand. Jus like I couldn’t care less that Christian Cage won the Impact title smh.
    That’s because you’re a casual and all you’ve ever known is wwe. AEW since day 1 has made it known they are about PROFESSIONAL wrestling and not sports entertainment. That’s who they cater to and that’s what they will always do and it’s amazing cause this opens the door to so many matches. If it wasn’t for NJPW then you wouldn’t have AEW right now since most of the tops stars made their name in that company and most of all your favorite wrestlers have modeled their styles and moves from Japanese wrestlers. You definitely need to expand your wrestling views cause there is a lot of good shit out there that you’re missing. Also if there is one person on this planet you should be scared of facing and that’s Murder Grandpa. Suzuki is a fucking psychopath. 
    Adam Cole being in The Elite is kinda lame but it definitely fits his character as a heel.

Naw it’s perfect. He will eventually turn on them down the road and get payback for kicking him out of the Bullet Club and killing him with poison monster ;)
    Okay that’s cool and all but they still expect mfs to watch every single brand to even know who these people are when there’s already too much wrestling weekly even if you only watch one or two brands. There is already 5 shows weekly now, totaling 10 hours a week jus between WWE and AEW alone. Then adding Impact, ROH, NJPW, NWA, etc. on top of that weekly? Ain’t nobody got time for that.
    I've been out of the game for awhile but as I was watching this I was like was that match a fucking 10/10 or do I just have no frame of reference lol
    Definitely 10/10 lol. You should check out the ladder match they had for the Triple AAA belts 2 years ago. Now that was fucking insane as well. These two teams just have such damn good chemistry with each other. 
    Looks like our good ole Canadian boy Kevin Owens is AEW bound. 
    edited September 2021
    Bray too apparently when his no compete clause is up. Might effectively not watch WWE anymore if that happens cause Bray’s my favorite and was already damn near the only thing left I gave a shit about in WWE. Letting him go gotta be the most braindead move that a company that makes nothing but braindead moves could have possibly made. I hope he keeps The Fiend gimmick. Cause if not then it died way too quick.

Him and Malakai Black are my 2 favorites, so would be dope if AEW gets both since AEW already has Black. They would prolly pull the trigger and either have those 2 beef or make them a tag team like WWE should have done a long time ago.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    AEW has been great lately and Vince handed them the keys. Lmaoooooo 

edited September 2021
    So it came out yesterday that WWE’s plans for Adam Cole after moving him to the main roster was to turn him into a cowardly non-wrestling manager for a heel Keith Lee. (Which is prolly what Drake Maverick is now back on the main roster for.)

Your master plan was to take one of the legitimate top 10 WRESTLING talents in the entire industry, and turn him into a manager that doesn’t wrestle. Most likely for the simple fact alone that he’s small.

No wonder he left. What a pathetic fucking joke of a company and it will never change until Vince dies. He’s hilariously out of touch. What a fucking retard.
    They already made it clear they’re not taking any more indy guys, said they only want WWE homegrown talent, and their treatment of smaller guys makes it very clear; Vince is mentally still stuck in the 80s and 90s and thinks there’s only room for roided out meatheads like Lesnar, Lashley, and Reigns. And them and ONLY them will play hot potato wit the belts and it will never change.
    Adam Cole was never gonna work on Vince’s tv so I’m glad he went to All Elite but it looks like he’s going from being a champ on NXT to being another stooge in the elite. I hope that’s not the case but time will tell. 

I mean better than being a manager. Is Vince really that out of touch? 
    NOCAP said:
    Adam Cole was never gonna work on Vince’s tv so I’m glad he went to All Elite but it looks like he’s going from being a champ on NXT to being another stooge in the elite. I hope that’s not the case but time will tell. 
    Naw he’ll be in the title picture jus not too soon cause they jus added everybody at pretty much the exact same time and prolly the only one that will get immediately catapulted is Punk. But Cole and DB will both eventually be AEW champ I feel like. TNT champ for sure for one or both. 

Yes. Extremely. He is single handedly destroying his own product.
    Being a manager isn’t a bad thing. Look at Paulie or MVP. Great modern day managers. Adam Cole can talk and it could have worked but knowing Vince he would have booked him and Keith Lee into some stupid childish shit and would have killed the whole gimmick.