Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Wrestling thread WWE & AEW

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    WWE is no longer a professional wrestling product and it hasn’t been for many years. These are trained actors following a script creating tv for Vince. They get over a billion in revenue each year whether you watch or not. Their tv is only catering to kids and the international market. 

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    NOCAP said:
    I mean better than being a manager. Is Vince really that out of touch? 
    Being a manager isn’t a bad thing. Look at Paulie or MVP. Great modern day managers. Adam Cole can talk and it could have worked but knowing Vince he would have booked him and Keith Lee into some stupid childish shit and would have killed the whole gimmick. 
    The Rock can talk too. Should he have been a manager in his prime? 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    NOCAP said:
    I mean better than being a manager. Is Vince really that out of touch? 
    Being a manager isn’t a bad thing. Look at Paulie or MVP. Great modern day managers. Adam Cole can talk and it could have worked but knowing Vince he would have booked him and Keith Lee into some stupid childish shit and would have killed the whole gimmick. 
    You jus named 2 people who are old as fuck and past their physical prime. Moving them to a manager position makes sense. Not one of the most athletically gifted guys in the industry who is still young and in his prime.
    Damn Samoa Joe is done lmao. Gets dropped from main roster cause of repeated injury and extensive inactivity, goes back to NXT, wins title, gets injured and has to relinquish title after only 20 days. 🤦🏻‍♂️

It’s a wrap.
    Does anyone else watch dark side of the ring? Ric Flair is prob done lol

Tommy Dreamer's brains are mashed potatoes at this point. Dude is gonna Benoit someone one day
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Tommy Dreamer's brains are mashed potatoes at this point. Dude is gonna Benoit someone one day
    I mean the biggest sign was when he said he was going to kill Heyman and then kill himself in the middle of the ring at WM 17. Like holy shit dude lol
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    It's so crazy that Tommy Dreamer just fucked himself while conducting an INTERVIEW for an event that took place 20 years ago. Just astonishing. 
    Get ready to hear some more shit about Ric Flair and also Undertaker in the next episode about Kanyon
    Shawn Michaels accused of date rape too.

Honestly, I’m not surprised any of this is coming out, more surprised it took this fucking long lmao.
    Owen Hart's wife signed a deal with AEW and they will have a tribute to Owen, an annual king of the ring style tournament in his name, and Owen can appear in the AEW video games and they can make merch for him. Fucking awesome. 
    Goddamn Omega vs Danielson was fucking great and that was just a cock tease. The real match should be insane whenever they do it 
    That last 5 minutes of Extreme Rules was possibly the most corny bullshit I have ever seen in wrestling period. Everything about that was horrible and literally made me cringe. The heartbeat playing over the speaker and Finn twitching along to it and coming back to life was eye rolling. Then they pile on the corn and hit the red lights and play the music during the match like he’s a fucking video game boss. Despite the horrible way it was pulled off, it was compelling enough in the sense that it actually made me sit up like “Is this really happening.” cause it looked like they were actually gonna give it to Finn. And then you ruin even that by….a fake rope break. Your unbeatable God mode champion was only able to beat a dude half his size because the turnbuckle “broke” when he was on the top rope. 😐😐 It’s like they actively TRY to fuck up any and everything that would actually be satisfying. I get that that was done to make Finn look like he was the true winner and only lost by “divine intervention”, but God that was fucking retarded. The lengths they go to to protect Roman are insane. This shit is so tired already bro. And Usos bailing him out and making him look like a bitch is real old too. This kind of unbeatable title run is terrible for business and does not make a good product whatsoever. There’s no hype or suspense for your main event because you know the outcome is always the same: Keep the belt on Roman at all costs. And then they have to do increasingly stupid ass shit to still at least keep his opponents looking strong, as seen on full display tonight. Finn technically “won” that match twice in the same match lmao.

Now even Brock is gonna job out to this clown. And wit that being said, there is literally nobody on the active roster that I can see them ever allowing to actually beat Roman. And if the rumored match against The Rock happens at WrestleMania, the only purpose it will serve is a passing of the torch type thing, so Roman will win that too. It’s not a stretch to say that he’ll have the belt for the next 2-3 years straight as long as he stays healthy and doesn’t need to relinquish the title again. They ain’t opposed to overly long title reigns, since Walter had the NXT UK belt for over 2 years straight smh. Shit is horrible.
    Who should take the belt from Roman?

Honestly Big E was the person that should have. That would have made him a solid star after that win but they ruined that 
    NOCAP said:
    That’s exactly it, there’s nobody that they can realistically use to be that guy anymore. They delegitimized everybody else by making Roman too God mode. WWE has a history of sucking off their legends and they wouldn’t even let Edge or CENA take it off him. Edge’s build up after the RR win was done perfectly only to cap it wit a loss. That was the perfect opportunity right there and it was thrown straight out the window. Now there is literally nobody left. Initially I thought Brock would take it back, but it’s becoming clear that he’s jus going to job to further cement Roman as the “GOAT”. And then like I said, if that Rock match happens, that’s only to pass the torch.

So who does that leave?? The only REMOTELY possible scenario would be starting a beef wit Seth due to their Shield history, and Seth wins and strips his former leader of his title. That would be poetic, but WWE don’t know the meaning of that word. The beef will most likely happen, but I don’t really see it ending wit Seth as champion.

One other scenario is Drew possibly goes to SmackDown during the draft, and maybe he eventually takes it.

Neither seem too likely tho. And they’re literally the only 2 that have any kind of chance whatsoever. Like I said, this unbeatable bullshit does nothing but create a boring and way too predictable product.
    Keith Lee name changed to Keith “Bearcat” Lee hahahahahahahahaha that’s fucking terrible.
    NOCAP said:
    John Cena 
    It’s probably going to be Brock then Roman gets his win back

Yooo Orange Cassidy is fucking hilarious good God =)) such a stupid gimmick but it works