Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Mortal Kombat was pretty bad. The fight scenes were cool but the story was weak. I know its MK but come on. The main character had no reason to exist either. 
    The story of MK11 was fun. Haven't done aftermath yet
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    edited April 2021
    MK was so fucking average. I went into it expecting less since it was a video game movie and they still didn’t try hard enough.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    I’m shocked anyone is surprised. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Story was terrible but I never got bored and it was very violent. For not having to go out and see it or spend any money, it’s a win in my book. 

Finally saw the Snyder cut of Justice League.

Miles better than the theater cut. That extra hour and a half did a lot and never felt like mindless padding. The problem is that it STILL would have benefited so much for all 6 to have a solo movie first like MCU did Avengers. The extra time on this version helped flesh everybody out a bit more, but they were still overall jus thrown together.

I seen a lot of people’s main complaint was that Darkseid never actually does anything himself and never fights, but it’s very clear that this was a set-up movie (Thanos sat around at first too.) and it did a very good job of that imo, but the main tragedy is that we’ll now never get to see it play out. Maybe 10 years from now after a reboot, but this universe is already dead smh. Which is a shame because everybody was good at their roles, and they’re left in a limbo because they still technically have Aquaman, Cyborg, Flash, and Wonder Woman, but lost their biggest 2 in Batman and Superman. 

Miles better movie like this tho and shoulda been the theatrical version.
    edited June 2021
    Jus saw Godzilla: King Of The Monsters today.

I actually never saw the 2 new Godzillas or the newest Kong before Godzilla Vs. Kong, so I watched all 3 after the fact lmao.

Idk which I like best between GvK and GKOTM. GvK had more charm and more depth wit the whole Hollow Earth section, but GKOTM wins as far as fight scenes. Jesus Christ that shit was fucking epic. That was literally on some Infinity War shit. Godzilla Vs. Kong is definitely the bigger money maker based off names alone, but it didn’t at all feel like the higher stakes or like it was what GKOTM was building up to. Vice versa actually. GKOTM felt like the conclusion cause it’s hard to go bigger than that.

Either way tho, all 4 were fun ass flicks. Since I can’t pick between GKOTM and GvK, I would rate em:

Godzilla Vs. Kong = Godzilla: King Of The Monsters > Kong: Skull Island > Godzilla.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Yeah I liked Godzilla v. Kong but not as much as King of the Monsters
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    I thought Skull Island was the best of the new films
  • balanced_void91balanced_void91 Posts: 2,782 balls deep
    The Conjuring 3 was entertaining. Lots of satanic metal aesthetic. I can't decide if I liked it more or less than the 2nd one. First one is still the best though.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    The new Space Jam was actually decent
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Watched the original Planet of the Apes last week. Ive only ever seen the 2000s remake and the first of the current reboot. The original was fantastic. 

Watching Beneath The Planet Of The Apes today. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    My mom had a vhs box set growing up. I grew up on the originals. They get worse as they go along but I can't help but love them. 
    Yea Beneath isnt great. Still though, considering its a pre-Star Wars sci-fi, could be worse
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    The most recent ones i enjoyed, but the original is the best for sure
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I haven’t kept up with the modern Planet of the Ape movies.  

I’m slowly getting caught up on Fast and Furious movies. I quit watching them after Tokyo Drift. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    The new Space Jam was actually decent
    Been on a movie kick today and I finally watched this and the new Tom And Jerry, and then the original Space Jam afterwards to compare, cause I originally saw it so long ago that I couldn’t tell you a single thing that happened in it.

Crucify me, but I actually like the new one better. A lotta people went into this one wanting to hate it strictly because of LeBron. And it’s still fuck LeBron, MJ is still better than LeBron on the court, but none of that matters here. Watchin em back to back, neither of the 2 is much of an actor. Both were basically emotionally dry and completely carried by the charm of the Looney Tunes. But on the new one, I would say there was actually more of an attempt to make it more emotionally relevant. In the first, the only stakes was that if the Tunes lost, they would need to do slave labor at the amusement park. In the new one, LeBron’s son and all the Tunes essentially die if they lose the game. And on top of that, there was the overarching theme of LeBron being distant from his son and reconnecting wit him by the end. First one had none of that. On top of that, I felt like the Tunes themselves had a lot more charm in the new one and it was jus a feel good movie all the way around. And people don’t give enough credit to how much more immersive the improved graphics and visuals make the new one. I know that’s only a symptom of the times for the original and can’t be avoided, but it needs to be said anyways. I also loved how the new one was video game based and how many Easter eggs and WB character appearances there were.

Tl;dr, both are great, new one was a lot more fun.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Dribble these cheeks, Bugs-Lebron
    New Suicide Squad was fire as fuck. Fun ass movie.
    Finally saw Soul (Pixar) last night. They really said “Fuck them kids.” on this one lmao that was by far the most adult Pixar movie ever. And not that it was too explicit or mature for kids, but honestly I don’t see the average 7-8 year old being able to follow along wit this or understand it. For instance there was a gag/skit involving looking into the life of a failed hedge fund manager. There was a scene about astral projection, etc. And jus in general the way some of the characters spoke, they were using words and terms that kids would have no clue about. I remember specifically that “transcendental metamorphosis” was mentioned lmao. The overall theme of life and death and appreciating your life can be easily understood by kids, but I think most of the meat in between that delivers it will fall on deaf ears for them. I would say this is an adult movie in every single way other than the fact that it’s a cartoon. But nevertheless, Pixar knocked it out of the park again, I jus don’t feel like it has that true crossover appeal like their classics.
    edited August 2021
    Watched Escape From The Planet of the Apes (third movie in the original series)
    Was quite good. Much better than the second one and explored an interesting role revearsal from the first one