Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    GODZILLA VS. KONG WAS THE HARDEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME.

....OF ALL TIME!!!!
    Also, it makes me wonder if this HBO Max “Straight to *insert streaming service* will continue even after everything is back to 100% normal.

I know I damn sure don’t speak for everybody, but I never been a huge theater person in the first place. If a screener or DVD quality leak happens while a movie is still in theaters, I will 10 times out of 10 stay home and watch the leak. Cam leaks are a different story and obviously come at the detriment of the movie, so in most cases, I won’t watch those.

Honestly, the only theater experience where I feel like it truly adds to it, is shit like the midnight Endgame premiere. That shit was like a live sports event. Mfs lit all the way up, everybody went absolutely bonkers when Cap grabbed the hammer, etc., that was a once in a lifetime type of movie experience that I’ll never forget.

But for your usual every day theater going experience? Eh, I can take it or leave it.

Having a major blockbuster movie like this go straight to home TV was definitely a cool ass experience. Being a huge setpiece action movie, sure, it definitely would have benefited from being on the big screen, but eh, I don’t feel like I missed out by not choosing the theater.

Not paying a separate price for every separate movie>>>>

Eating a whole ass dinner while watching the movie and not either sneaking in snacks or paying $20 for a drink and nachos >>>>

Getting drunk while watching the movie and not having to sneak it in or worry about snitches >>>>

Being able to pause and not hold piss/shit in >>>>

Subtitles >>>>

Being able to rewind if I missed something >>>>

Not being on a schedule and watching and finishing it on my own time >>>>

I really hope this shit stays in place after everything is back to normal. And they can stay doing it exactly as is, have it release to both theaters and to whatever streaming service has the rights to it, so that way the people who do want the whole theater experience still have that option. Hurts nobody and benefits a lot.
    The Oculus Quest can run HBO Max. 🧐

Might rewatch on there wit my Arctis Pros cause any video shot in 2D and not 360/VR appears instead as if you’re watching it on a big ass theater screen.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    They've already confirmed movies are going back to theater only in 2022. Kinda sucks
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    there wont be any theaters around me by 2022 lmao.

either way i completely agree. movies at home>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

so many things i dislike about theatres. mostly lines lol. 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies

....OF ALL TIME!!!!
    Naw lol. Movie was good but the writing to it was atrocious. Fight scenes were cold as fuck though and did like it more than king of all monsters. 
    Marc.

Suck my dick from the back yea?
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy

....OF ALL TIME!!!!
    Naw lol. Movie was good but the writing to it was atrocious. Fight scenes were cold as fuck though and did like it more than king of all monsters. 
    >watching a kaiju movie for anything other than the monster fights 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Movie critics really bout to hit Mortal Kombat wit the exact same criticism next month too lmaooo.
    Marc.

Suck my dick from the back yea?
    you ain’t lil nas enough to let me do it. 

....OF ALL TIME!!!!
    Sorry I would at least like a little bit of story behind it. Pacific Rim balanced both really well. 

Kong/Zill are rivals but why?
    Kong knows where hollow earth is but has never been there.

And so on lol. Just give me a little backstory to why they don’t like each other or anything about their ancestors that hated each other.
    Yeah I just watched Godzilla 2016 or whatever and King of Monsters and honestly they're so fucking boring. The human/scientist aspect of those movies always sucks. Just give me a 30 minute cut of Kaiju beating the shit out of each other. 
    edited April 2021

....OF ALL TIME!!!!
    Sorry I would at least like a little bit of story behind it. Pacific Rim balanced both really well. 

Kong/Zill are rivals but why?
    Kong knows where hollow earth is but has never been there.

And so on lol. Just give me a little backstory to why they don’t like each other or anything about their ancestors that hated each other.
    As far as your part about Hollow Earth, that can literally be broken down into animal instinct and doesn’t need to be broken down into some deep pseudo science lmao.

A lot of reptiles, fish, etc. lay their eggs and never return to them. The babies are left to fend for themselves and are never taught a damn thing, yet somehow instinctually know exactly how to survive, right from birth. Same thing can be applied here.

Also, I never got the impression that Kong had never been there. He got to that throne room, picked up the axe, knew exactly where to put it, sat in the throne like it was his rightful place, and beat his chest in celebration. To me it came off as if he had been there before. He was royalty, he was literally “KING” Kong and used to rule his kind, but they died off and he’s the last left. That’s how I interpreted it at least. Either that or his ancestors were, and by instinct he knew what to do, exactly like real animals do.

Edit: Also, Kong didn’t know where it was. The humans literally lead him to the entrance and he only went thru because he trusted the little girl. He was hesitant at first because he thought they were trying to trap him.

2nd edit: “They’re rivals but why?”

It was literally explained that their ancestors had a huge war and that it carried on throughout their bloodline.

And again, to apply it to real animals, it can be applied to the endless cat and mouse, cat and dog, shark and seal, cobra and mongoose, etc. narrative. They’re literally jus gigantic animals. There doesn’t need to be any kind of human history or backstory applied to it. They’re animals that operate on instinct and it’s simply on sight. 

On top of that, it was also explained that Godzilla only popped up because he sensed another Titan threat, which was realistically Mecha. Seems they only give a fuck if they sense an actual threat that is actually an equal or better, which again goes right along wit actual animalistic instinct.
    Goddamn man that movie was so fucking cold.

That’s the first and only movie since Endgame to give me that childlike wonder while watching it. 

What’s so dope about these characters is that it doesn’t matter what generation you are, what you grew up liking, etc. They’re so classic and global that they’re literally a part of all our childhoods, even if you weren’t a super big fan. They were a part of our parent’s childhood, they were a part of our grand parent’s childhood. My MOM is excited to see this and she don’t even watch action or comic movies.

They already did Godzilla Vs. Kong in the 60’s, but that shit’s so B-movie that it doesn’t even matter anymore. This is finally the true realization that it always should have got, jus like the 90’s Mortal Kombat movies should have never happened and it’s jus now getting it’s true adaptation.
    EpisodeMnH said:
    They already did Godzilla Vs. Kong in the 60’s, but that shit’s so B-movie that it doesn’t even matter anymore. This is finally the true realization that it always should have got, jus like the 90’s Mortal Kombat movies should have never happened and it’s jus now getting it’s true adaptation.
    Say that to my face pussy and not online 
    The flag. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    The original Mortal Kombat is flame and no one can tell me otherwise. The theme song was a banger too
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    Couldn’t agree more
    I love b-movies. Usually more than "real movies" 

But the original Godzilla vs Kong is BULLSHIT because they gave Kong lightning powers and had him win
    #TeamGojira