Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Post credit scene had me dying. That should be a bananas insane movie for the next prequel sequel 
    Same lmao
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Finally got around to Rise, Dawn, and War of the Planet of the Apes

What a great franchise
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Finally watched the 2 Fantastic Beasts movies after watching the Harry Potter 20th Anniversary Special, cause I never saw those.

Both are not as good as the main Harry Potter franchise, but the first one was definitely decent. Second one was jus a mess tho. It wasn’t necessarily “bad”, but the pacing was horrible and all over the place and you end up kinda lost on what the point of the movie even is. That coulda been done so much better. But both expand on the HP universe in dope ways.
    edited January 2022
    Also, the main dude that plays Newt has to be the most emotionless, awkward actor I’ve ever seen. There’s no way that’s the best that was available for the main role. He makes Michael Cera look like he has Johnny Depp level range smh.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    It should have been two separate franchises tbh. Fantastic Beasts should have been a lighthearted adventure movie like Indiana Jones with Wizards, and then they should have had the Dumbledore Grindewald story be its own series. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    They really fucking should have. Biggest complaint about that series. We know this is all just leading to the Voldemort reveal. First one could have been an excellent standalone film.
    Ive only seen the first one, but I remember liking it. I should revisit Harry Potter soon
    I read through the books like 2 or 3 times a year. Been a minute since I've seen the movies. Didn't really care for 5-7
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    The first two movies are pure, distilled movie magic. Lots of practical effects and just have a warm Christmas-like feel to them. The rest of the movies are good but they lost that sense of bewilderment that the first two had. 
    Agree but I did love Pisoner of Azkaban for shaking it up and giving it a darker tone. Iffy time travel shenanigans is what people bitch about but that was the books fault lol
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I love all of them 🤷 series aged as I did
    The first two definitely have the best charm but as a kid wanting it to get grittier, there was nothing better than Prisoner of Azkaban and Order of the Phoenix when they came out
    I can acknowledge my dislikes for the later movies stem from reading the books really. So many awesome/important moments left out 
    Oh believe me I mainlined the books hard too, I just never expected to get everything because of runtime. The only thing I remember being pissed that they left out was the brain tentacle thing attacking Ron at the ministry in Order of the Phoenix, and Voldemort's family history in whatever book that was
    I actually started sorcerer's stone on audible today while driving because of watching the reunion thing and it being at least 10 years since I've read the books
    Xeno said:
    Oh believe me I mainlined the books hard too, I just never expected to get everything because of runtime. The only thing I remember being pissed that they left out was the brain tentacle thing attacking Ron at the ministry in Order of the Phoenix, and Voldemort's family history in whatever book that was
     Oh my God,  yeah that was Half Blood Prince. Voldemort's family history was so interesting. They also butchered Harry and Ginny in the film which is weird considering it spends so much time on it and forgoes that battle before Dumbledores death. Dude the department of Mysteries was so fucking dope in the OoTP book. I get why most of what was cut was cut but damn so much highlights I would have loved to see especially since every member of the film cast was so damn talented. 
    edited January 2022
    Scream/Scream 5/5cream whatever you want to call it, WAS GREAT!
    SO GOOD. Excellently meta. Great jabs at A24/artsy/"elevated horror", requels, reboots, naming conventions, fandoms, even Star Wars - with some great, fun kills, and excellent practical gore. 
    Very happy with it. 
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    It's not Halloween but I watched Scream 5, Be My Cat, and The Conspiracy recently
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Jackass Forever was fucking hilarious.

Has the most dick scenes in the entire series tho lmao.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Yeah movie had me dying all the way through