Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Spider man was very good

Rutabaga said:
    What in the fuck?
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    "Based on a true story"
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Heard Spider-Man is for the most part really good, with exception of a few things (according to my friends who saw it)
    I can tell what one thing is and they are wrong.
    Spiderman was doooooooooope. Love the ending cause it was hilarious and it wasnt the usual swinging through NY shit.
    Heard Spider-Man is for the most part really good, with exception of a few things (according to my friends who saw it)
    I can tell what one thing is and they are wrong.
    Whats that?
    A certain chick at the end. Dont want to really give any kind of spoiler. 
    A certain chick at the end. Dont want to really give any kind of spoiler. 
    Nah. Wasnt that mainly. He had a slight gripe about that but it wasnt what you're thinking. 

His biggest issue was Stark's involvement  
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    That's what I'm predicting to be my biggest issue with it. Will be seeing Tuesday
    edited July 2017
    Im hearing really mixed things about Spider-Man now. It sounds like the plot is good, Spidey is good, and Vulture is good, but that they fucked up every side character (the Flash re-imagining sounds awful). 

Im seeing it Tuesday, but Im a little less excited now. 
    Post edited by MetalCoresades on
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    You think everything sucks before you even see it so..
    inb4lists
    edited July 2017
    Not true. I was really looking forward Spiderman. Still am, actually. But young and hip Aunt May, nerd Flash, and Tumblrina love interests rub me the wrong way. 

Especially Flash. He became one of my favorite Marvel side characters after his run as Agent Venom. Redeeming his past bullying by serving in the Iraq war, losing his legs, and further redeeming himself as a good Venom was really cool to me. I cant see some nerd going off and joining army, or being a real asshole meathead. 
    You guys ever heard of the comic Trouble?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Not true. I was really looking forward Spiderman. Still am, actually. But young and hip Aunt May, nerd Flash, and Tumblrina love interests rub me the wrong way. 

Especially Flash. He became one of my favorite Marvel side characters after his run as Agent Venom. Redeeming his past bullying by serving in the Iraq war, losing his legs, and further redeeming himself as a good Venom was really cool to me. I cant see some nerd going off and joining army, or being a real asshole meathead. 

Just accept that it's not the same Flash character and you'll be good, because other than having the same name, they are NOTHING alike. He is a different kind of dickhead.  Let all of that go and enjoy this one on its own. They make some changes. Some are better than others. Some are just silly. The comics are not the exact same as the movies, but that doesn't mean the movies suck because of it. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Jobe said:

Just accept that it's not the same Flash character and you'll be good, because other than having the same name, they are NOTHING alike. He is a different kind of dickhead.  Let all of that go and enjoy this one on its own. They make some changes. Some are better than others. Some are just silly. The comics are not the exact same as the movies, but that doesn't mean the movies suck because of it. 
    I understand that. But I still dont have to like said changes. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    They changed Flash, and you'll hate it. But they also changed things about the vulture too, and you will probably love it. Like most of the recent comic movies, they get a lot of things right and a few things wrong here and there. But the less you expect an exact translation, the more enjoyable it will be. Damn near every antagonist they have ever had on film in these comic movies they have changed in some way.  It's par for the course at this point. But then again, I also grew up when all comic movies were complete and utter dog shit. You can't even compare the stuff they have coming out now to the old craptastic movies and shows that comic fans were forced to endure. 

https://youtu.be/IrwMyQ3_7P8 

New Flash Ain't Shit. 
    Pass the god damn butter.