Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The healthcare reform debate thread

Comments

• 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    The government is always finding new ways to take your money.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    The people aren't angry at the healthcare bill, they are angry that their President is black.

/Thread

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    "john is right.....all this bill is screwing the middle class, and helping out all the big company's "

The "big companies" are going to take perhaps the biggest hit with over 400 billion in new taxes. The only entity that will benefit from this bill is Fedzilla.
    "The people aren't angry at the healthcare bill, they are angry that their President is black."

That is perhaps the most ignorant comment in this thread.
    What I type is the uncensored truth if you don't like it then ignore my posts, anyway my job was done I got a reaction out of my post.

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I was wondering when the "because he's black" card was gonna get pulled lol

And the bill isn't the best, that's for sure. But that's the government for you. They're greedy and will always be greedy. I mean fuck, once you die they still get money out of you.
    imageimage
    HSB, are you a registered voter?
    edited March 2010
    It needed to be said, wanted to start a debate with that.

Edit:Yes Alec I am a registered voter.

Who did you vote for in the past election? Why did you vote for them?
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Those who are angry about the bill are completely justified, I just disagree with them.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    those who are just angry just cuz they feel everyone shouldn't be able to get healthcare are not justified
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited March 2010
    It's been pretty obvious the federal government favors big business since that Supreme Court ruling that corporations could influence elections. -_-

Oh, and ignore Ed when he plays the race card, he just does it to be a troll.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Holy shit I posted that earlier?

"those who are just angry just cuz they feel everyone shouldn't be able to get healthcare are not justified "

If they don't want everyone else to get healthcare, basically Ape's "it's a privilege not a right" stance, I think it's unjustified. However, the I don't like the bill but I like the idea is completely justified. This bill has several problems, but I think it should be passed anyway.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Yep unjustified. Because I work for my shit and don't want to pay for others.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I don't want it passed because there are better ways to do it......eventually we'll have to try to clean up the mess this bill is going to make.
    I consider it unjustified because the world does not give us all the same circumstances. We all aren't the same, we all don't have the same amount of money. Which is what your stance implies, that everyone should have the money and support structure that they have.

"I don't want it passed because there are better ways to do it......eventually we'll have to try to clean up the mess this bill is going to make."

I completely understand this stance. I disagree, but it's understandable.
    So you're telling me this is the most efficient way to fix healthcare? That it makes the most sense economically and socially over every alternative?
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    My stance says If I want something I go out and get it and sacrifice to get it.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    "My stance says If I want something I go out and get it and sacrifice to get it. "

What if you have nothing to sacrifice?

"So you're telling me this is the most efficient way to fix healthcare? That it makes the most sense economically and socially over every alternative? "

No, but I don't believe we will ever have a bill that is the most efficient way to fix healthcare, and make sense economically and socially in the way you describe.